January 2020 Car Rental Thread

A $20 coupon? I couldn’t find a single one I know of that would work over MLK weekend with Alamo.

Just to clarify, our dates are not over MLK weekend. We are travelling January 24th to 31st.

Is it a costco specific coupon? If not, can you share the coupon code?

It is not Costco Specific: AD6809JDH

The thought of rain (dousing my luggage) has always deterred us from grabbing the usually last-minute cheap trucks with alamo. The midsize aisle after thanksgiving had many sitting on it. I took a peek, none had tonneau covers.

There is no need for us to use the box of the truck for luggage. There are only two of us traveling, so we will have an entirely empty back seat. The truck has a capacity of 4 people, 1 large suitcase, and 1 carry on. The back seat, even if its on the smaller side, will easily accommodate our 2 checked bags and 2 carry-ons. If it ends up being a crew cab, then we will have room to spare.

We have seen trucks in many of the other aisles on previous trips, but we personally always book the class we want (not hope for any kind of upgrade.....that's bound to backfire at some point). There does always seem to be an abundance of trucks, though. Now that my DH owns his own truck, he finds any other vehicle very small......even an SUV.

Thanks Guys! Coupon is blacked out, first time in ages I’ve seen that even factoring in ( minor) holiday.
Ah well, will price it out in other placeholders I have this year thus far

Last edited:
AD6809JDH works for my dates Jan 17-25. Using that coupon with the Costco code 7014627 gives me the best rates with Alamo. It’s still almost $200 for the least expensive option.

AD6809JDH works for my dates Jan 17-25. Using that coupon with the Costco code 7014627 gives me the best rates with Alamo. It’s still almost $200 for the least expensive option.
I’m at $171 for 1/18-25 with the Costco code and coupon. My guess is that since the rental is longer then a week you have the day rate kicking in for the last day.

I checked my rates again today hoping for a last minute pride drop and now the coupon AD6809JDH is "blacked out" for my dates. :(

Been trying AD6809JDH ($20 off) for a few days too. Sure looks like it been blacked out. Too popular, maybe?

Been trying AD6809JDH ($20 off) for a few days too. Sure looks like it been blacked out. Too popular, maybe?

Please be careful of this code. I posted on another thread. When we booked it was accepted (no problem). I wanted to confirm my reservation for an upcoming trip and could not access it or use online check in. We learned the coupon is "now blacked out". If I had not checked I would have never known. So, this raised our rate to more than other companies. Alamo said they could not explain why it happened and were not willing to make the adjustment. So, we booked with another company.

Please be careful of this code. I posted on another thread. When we booked it was accepted (no problem). I wanted to confirm my reservation for an upcoming trip and could not access it or use online check in. We learned the coupon is "now blacked out". If I had not checked I would have never known. So, this raised our rate to more than other companies. Alamo said they could not explain why it happened and were not willing to make the adjustment. So, we booked with another company.
I picked up a car booked with that coupon on Saturday. It was honored I just had to check in at the counter.

Budget question. I tried to attached my costco reservation to my fastbreak login and it shows a modified price..all I did was add email address ??? It is causing my rate to increase from 174--> 223. Also I realized my times are incorrect, it is set for 12p and 12pm . I wont be picking up until 4ish and droppiong off at like 230p Of course trying to change that is causing the rate to go up too ? Any experience with have the reservation under the wrong time and still being able to check in ?

I used coupon too for 1/30-2/4. I did online check in last week but keep getting error message when trying to view reservation. Called and rep confirmed all details and said good to go. Have printout for check in to skip counter and app saying same that online checkin compete. I didn’t mention coupon just that I had trouble viewing reservation. You should be fine!

Hey just wanted to thank people on this thread. We got a Toyota Sienna- we fit all 6 adults, 1 child and ALL the luggage! It has also fit everyone and 2 Go-Go Sport Scooters for park days😃

I used coupon too for 1/30-2/4. I did online check in last week but keep getting error message when trying to view reservation. Called and rep confirmed all details and said good to go. Have printout for check in to skip counter and app saying same that online checkin compete. I didn’t mention coupon just that I had trouble viewing reservation. You should be fine!
How did this work out for you? Did you have any trouble once you got to MCO? I have a mid-size SUV booked with this code for pickup next weekend and I’m worried that it won’t work.

How did this work out for you? Did you have any trouble once you got to MCO? I have a mid-size SUV booked with this code for pickup next weekend and I’m worried that it won’t work.

I went straight out to garage and chose my vehicle- midsize SUV. No issues at all at pickup or return. Had fully loaded Ford Edge Titanium.

Looking to rent a car for 7/8 - 7/16. Any deals for SUV/Van anyone knows about? I see some really good deals from NextCar, but I'm not familiar with them and they don't look to be at the MCO airport.

Looking to rent a car for 7/8 - 7/16. Any deals for SUV/Van anyone knows about? I see some really good deals from NextCar, but I'm not familiar with them and they don't look to be at the MCO airport.

This was the thread for those traveling in January 2020. You will likely want to locate the July 2020 rental thread and post your question there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!