January 2022 Trip Reports

It's not going to be 3°, but it's supposed to go down to 28° overnight this Saturday! 28°! I do not like that! Going to have to cover the fruit trees. Anyway, we should be done with winter in another week or so, but still. 😂
Oh well.

Well , a little late, but we are at the Fort. The weather / snowstorm timing worked in our favor and we were able to travel our normal route from PA to FW . 81-77-26-95-4-417. No weather , and I think the first trip ever that we had absolutely NO traffic slowdowns , even in Charlotte ! We arrived on Sunday 23rd right around when we got the text that our site was ready . Lucked out and we were granted our #1 preferred site I had listed . Loop 300 , outside of the loop and in site 305 . We had 302 last year , but 305 is better Very close to the dog park , and a huge site that opens up out the back towards the the dog park, and also the secluded trails all around the creeks . Perfect for walking the dog !
Now its been pretty lousy weather . Rain all day yesterday, and today . Went to Magic Kingdom yesterday and it was relatively empty due to the rain and early closing time of 4:30 . Almost walk-ons for everything except the headliners and they were even pretty low . Space mountain was 10 minutes all day for instance , almost everything else as well.
Its pretty cold . Most locals are wearing legit winter jackets ! They are calling for 28-32 overnights this upcoming weekend . SO cold, that we had to change some plans for our daughter and her boyfriend flying in from Chicago .They were planning on tenting in our site .....but at 28 degrees at night , that aint going to happen . We booked them a room at the newly refurbished All Star Music resort . Not ideal, but at least they are still on property and we will make it work .

Picked up our Golf Cart from Kenny right after we parked the RV and loosely set-it up . As luck would have it , Kenny had it sitting here for us already . Parked up front by the bus stop golf cart parking area, and had the keys hidden for us . (Think another guest must have been done renting it it that day, so it worked out) . He texted me some pictures of it so we could find it , and that was it .

Went to Steakhouse 71 for LUNCH on 24th . OMG, it was fantastic. We got the Bacon and Eggs for an appetizer to share and the prime rib sandwiches for meals . Got the chocolate cake to share for dessert. All was great , but the standout was the Bacon and Eggs (only available at lunch) .........omg , it was fantastic. Wish we didnt get it to share ! lol .

Had some food truck dinner last night and it was all very good.
Wife went inside to fill up our mugs and was suprisingly given a private tour of ................ The HOOP DEE DOO REVIEW under restoration , while I waited outside with the dog, wondering what the heck happened to her, lol .

SO .........NEWS for the HOOP DEE DOO ..............it is opening back up VERY soon ! They are in the process of re-doing the whole interior ! New Varnish on everything ..........except the original podium , since its original since 74. New lighting systems are being put in place , and she even got a demo of the new lighting system . Its going to be 6-9 weeks for cast member re-training , and they are waiting for covid mask rules to loosen a bit so they are sure to have the ability to "fill the house" .

Another rainy day today ..........not sure what we are doing yet , lol. .

That is such awesome news about HDD, thanks!

While you're at the Fort, would mind posting a photo of the recreation schedule if you get a chance, please?

Arrived home safely today. I would have to say the highlight of this trip was the Dismeet. Always nice to meet people face to face and share our love of Disney and Fort Wilderness. Sadly, a little more snow here in Atlantic Canada than normal and more expected on Friday. This was our view when we arrived home today31D98CDE-3E29-4D16-9531-12ABCD63AD4C.jpeg

Arrived home safely today. I would have to say the highlight of this trip was the Dismeet. Always nice to meet people face to face and share our love of Disney and Fort Wilderness. Sadly, a little more snow here in Atlantic Canada than normal and more expected on Friday. This was our view when we arrived home todayView attachment 644021

Always a pleasure to see you and DH, @Boomer1.

We'll hopefully be down right after New Year's Day next year. Maybe we'll see you again then. :rolleyes1

Bama Ed

PS - it looks very "wintery" back around your house. :scared:

Just a closing post for me on this January 2022 trip.

After leaving the Fort, we went to Naples where we went far and wide to see lighthouses (my current interest while in FL). I did get two more fridge magnets out of it (some LH had no gift shop or were closed). I also added a 3rd magnet through the mail for the small LH at Fort Jefferson out in Dry Tortugas National Park WAY out past Key West that we saw nearly 10 years ago (it is referred to as the Garden Key LH since the Fort sits on Garden Key). Here is the current fridge view at home:

The two on the right are Hillsboro (wood) and Cape Florida (repurposed coaster). The 2nd from the left is for the Garden Key LH (an aerial view of Fort Jefferson where you can barely see the LH). The order of magnets is in order of visit left-to-right. Future targets are along the FL panhandle.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter