January 2022 Trip Reports

Like when I had littles that were trying to get a good nights rest in a tent so that we could function at the parks next day?

Or when I was first trimester pregnant and doing tents over MLK weekend with those same littles and the party was still going strong after 10 pm?

Wanna know what the magic words are to get CMs to do anything about it?

“Either you go talk to them or I will.”

It’s amazing how quickly they’ll jump into action then.

Got to admit though, Friday evening (MLK weekend) when I was sitting back in my comfy chair having a drink watching the birds fly across the canal, and that music started thumping from the 1500 loop, I just sunk a little deeper in my chair and smiled…..yeah!
Hehehehehe

Don't ya just LOVE 'em? :sad2:

Well don't ya? :sad2:

At all? :sad2:

Not even a little? :sad2:

@TeamubrIf you can spare a day, or an overnight next time you're here, check out our hood.
Thanks!

I was considering driving over your way this trip, but Donna was working half the time we were gone and Ian and I were rope dropping most days. Next trip we will plan time to get off site and see your neck of the state.

j

Did you get the full month of January, Boomer1? Are you going through a travel agent to get all you days? If so, could you kindly message me who you use? I’m only seeing 5 days at a time when I try to book for next January.

Same question, Vince? I too was trying to book the second and third week just a few days ago and not able to get all dates available? Are you using a travel agent or ???
I reserved from Jan.2-31/2023 by calling the reservation line. Had no problem yesterday other than being on hold for 15-20 minutes.

For the record, we have a reservation arriving Wednesday Jan 4, 2023 and leaving Sunday Jan 8, 2023 in a Preferred.

Hope to get signed up for the Marathon Weekend 5K (on Thursday morning) and 10K (on Friday morning). Saturday will be a down day and leave on Sunday. No park days planned.

Bama Ed

PS: pre-stay of 1/2 nights already booked at Lake Louisa State Park.

This morning I went to Disney Springs for a little retail therapy while Tom had a Zoom meeting. Saw this little beauty and thought of you Ed.View attachment 641881

I saw that one too Boomer1. Think it was also in the coop marketplace. I picked it up but put it back. We have lots of insulated cups. I was tempted though...

Last edited:

1. THE WAVE should have remained.
2. WDW has tried to trick us by the new name.
3. But, new name does not mean better food.
4. In fact, the steakhouse is one place we WILL NOT go.

Terralina is right next to Paddlefish (the old Empress Lilly).

So a mixed review thus your mileage may vary.

Bama Ed

1. We remember Empress Lilly from our 1st WDW trip.
2. Characters were fun, and the food was VERY good.
3. Sometimes, change is not a good thing.
4. All post-COVID or new eateries seem to be below par.

1. Bama_Ed & Family camped at Lake Louisa before FW.
. . . it is a splendid state park
. . . beaches, camping, boating, RV sites, cabins
2. This is 6-miles from of our house.
. . . withstanding tornado strength winds was fun for him
. . . with advance warning, he partially broke camp
. . . without this, pagoda could be 10-miles down the road
3. To "kill time" Ed and Family were fed Sunday at our house.
. . . We thoroughly enjoy WDW friends visiting.
. . . Wife made her Hungarian Specialty.
. . . I supplied some VERY GOOD champagne.
. . . Was a splendid afternoon for all of us.

1. THE WAVE should have remained.

I hear the lunch menu, though, is pretty decent at S71. Give it a look.

1. We remember Empress Lilly from our 1st WDW trip.

I remember it too as EL although I was a kid. And it has always remained so since despite past name different names over the years. It is my anchor in a sea of change over there.

3. To "kill time" Ed and Family were fed Sunday at our house.
. . . We thoroughly enjoy WDW friends visiting.
. . . Wife made her Hungarian Specialty.
. . . I supplied some VERY GOOD champagne.
. . . Was a splendid afternoon for all of us.

Rusty's first pour of champagne was indeed excellent. Your DW's meal was delicious.

It was a great afternoon for us too, Rusty.

giphy.gif

Be well, my friend.

Ed

Last edited:
Well , a little late, but we are at the Fort. The weather / snowstorm timing worked in our favor and we were able to travel our normal route from PA to FW . 81-77-26-95-4-417. No weather , and I think the first trip ever that we had absolutely NO traffic slowdowns , even in Charlotte ! We arrived on Sunday 23rd right around when we got the text that our site was ready . Lucked out and we were granted our #1 preferred site I had listed . Loop 300 , outside of the loop and in site 305 . We had 302 last year , but 305 is better Very close to the dog park , and a huge site that opens up out the back towards the the dog park, and also the secluded trails all around the creeks . Perfect for walking the dog !
Now its been pretty lousy weather . Rain all day yesterday, and today . Went to Magic Kingdom yesterday and it was relatively empty due to the rain and early closing time of 4:30 . Almost walk-ons for everything except the headliners and they were even pretty low . Space mountain was 10 minutes all day for instance , almost everything else as well.
Its pretty cold . Most locals are wearing legit winter jackets ! They are calling for 28-32 overnights this upcoming weekend . SO cold, that we had to change some plans for our daughter and her boyfriend flying in from Chicago .They were planning on tenting in our site .....but at 28 degrees at night , that aint going to happen . We booked them a room at the newly refurbished All Star Music resort . Not ideal, but at least they are still on property and we will make it work .

Picked up our Golf Cart from Kenny right after we parked the RV and loosely set-it up . As luck would have it , Kenny had it sitting here for us already . Parked up front by the bus stop golf cart parking area, and had the keys hidden for us . (Think another guest must have been done renting it it that day, so it worked out) . He texted me some pictures of it so we could find it , and that was it .

Went to Steakhouse 71 for LUNCH on 24th . OMG, it was fantastic. We got the Bacon and Eggs for an appetizer to share and the prime rib sandwiches for meals . Got the chocolate cake to share for dessert. All was great , but the standout was the Bacon and Eggs (only available at lunch) .........omg , it was fantastic. Wish we didnt get it to share ! lol .

Had some food truck dinner last night and it was all very good.
Wife went inside to fill up our mugs and was suprisingly given a private tour of ................ The HOOP DEE DOO REVIEW under restoration , while I waited outside with the dog, wondering what the heck happened to her, lol .

SO .........NEWS for the HOOP DEE DOO ..............it is opening back up VERY soon ! They are in the process of re-doing the whole interior ! New Varnish on everything ..........except the original podium , since its original since 74. New lighting systems are being put in place , and she even got a demo of the new lighting system . Its going to be 6-9 weeks for cast member re-training , and they are waiting for covid mask rules to loosen a bit so they are sure to have the ability to "fill the house" .

Another rainy day today ..........not sure what we are doing yet , lol. .

Last edited:
Great news about HDDR, @Syndrome.

You may want to pop over to the Dining Board and repeat that update over there. Folks over there ask about it all the time. Start a new thread, cite your sources, pix if you have any. They will love it over there too like we do.

Bama Ed

PS - stay warm in Central Florida. 81F today down in Naples. Hot! :cool2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter