January Challenge

2 more for a total of 18. Was stuck on a Christmas layout FOREVER!! Finally finished it yesterday!!

I did 3 more pages last night so I am now up to 81 pages for the month! :cool1: I am totally thrilled! I can't believe what a huge dent this has made in my never ending photo box! Not sure I will get any more done for the month. Maybe on Monday! I would love to finish my Disney album!

Did 4 last night so I'm up to 104 for the month. I'm going to a 9-4 crop Sat. so should get a few more done and we scrap Monday in Scouts. Will post an update Tuesday!

Deb

I am now at 87 pages! Dont' think I will catch up to Deb! But you are my inspiration! :worship: I hope to scrap today and maybe tomorrow. My car is getting inspected so I can't go anywhere! LOL! I just hope by tomorrow night I am finished my Disney album! That is my goal! :earboy2:

WOW! Ya'll truly amaze me!! I don't know how you have time to do so many pages! I went to a crop Friday night and finished 4 pages. That's pretty good for me --4 pages in 2 hrs. I must be really slow. A friend of mine said "Ya know, it's really sad that I have to leave home and come to a crop night just to get 3 pages done in my album!" I agree. I just don't have time during the day. I don't touch my scrapping until 9 or 9:30 at night and by then I'm so exhausted I'm lucky to get 1 or 2 pages done. I got all excited one night this past week (can't remember which one), got all my stuff laid out and started thinking how to do this particular LO and a client called w/a million questions on her cruise in June. 9:30 at night on a week night...why couldn't it have waited until the next day?! Oh well, that's part of the job of being a home based travel agent I guess.
Congrats to everyone.
Karen aka TN Traveler :wizard:
Think I'm now at 12 pages?

well I saw Spinning and WuvTiggers counts so high up I stopped counting - lol
But I have managed to get another 10 pages done in the last week and a half!
Hopefully I will get more done tonight too!
:worship: :worship: Spining and Wuv Tiger :worship: :worship:

The crop this weekend was a good one. Managed to finish a bunch of pages - although when I was just finishing my second at lunch time I was beginning to wonder!

The last time I counted I had 130 done for the month, but I finished a few more after that and we're scrapping in Scouts tonight. Will post a final total for the month in the morning.

As for how I did it? First, this is NOT typical. One thing that has kept me motivated is knowing that pretty quickly here I must pack the scrapping stuff away and trade it for my sewing supplies. I'm motivated to get my son's album up to date before that point. And I might just make it! Second, I made sure everything was together (photos and memorabilia) when I started a segment (ie: junior year). Third, I tried not to agonize over "just the perfect" paper, embellishment, etc. I have tons of stuff and in almost all cases had materials that worked very well! Fourth, I am not teaching night classes this semester so made a deal with DH that after we had cleared up from supper I could scrap until 9 without complaint and then at 9 I would join him for an hour of tv of his choice but Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings were NO scrapping. That has let me get an average of 4 pages done each night 3 nights a week. Fifth, I've kept the majority of my pages pretty simple.

As for Feb...I'm going to be much closer to 0 in all likelihood as I received my sewing assignments for the musical from our head designer over the weekend.

Deb

I'm up to 1 for the month now, and I'm almost done with DD's cheer album - maybe I'll finish today?? If I do I know I'll be closing in on winning this challenge... :rotfl2: I'm in awe of you guys :worship: What great feelings of accomplishment you must have! I always feel so great when I get some done and my family is excited to look at them. I just love scrapping and these posts! (sorry getting a little emotional :rolleyes: )

I got two more pages done yesterday, so my total for the month was 17. Not great, but probably the most I have ever gotten done in a month.

Ok folks - since Sue (wdwmom) is off enjoying the sun of the Dominican Republic I thought I post the update for her. Based on her last count and the posts from there this is what I see...

cobbler 65
FantasicDisFamily 134 (that is my final count for the month)
Cruise04 37
pattyt 40
WDWMom lost track
ToDisney 18
bigbabyblues 12
jennyz 6
TN Traveler 12
Beanie 3
pjlla 2
Minnie&Mickey 17
Spinning 87
scrapperjill 31
Alice28 33

Spinning... how did you do over the weekend? Looks like we're closest to each other. If you beat me out terrific! If not I'll go ahead and start the Feb challenge later today or tomorrow after I see how you did.

Good job everyone no matter what the "final count" we all made progress!

Deb

HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had not checked in for awhile but OH MY GOSH---Spinning and FantasticDisFam----WAY TO GO! :cheer2: :cool1:

I'm still at 33 cause I ran out of stuff to scrap. But I will be in for Feb. cause my friends just took about 100 pics of my baby shower on Sunday! Woo Hoo! I've missed scrappin! :banana:

Ok Alice - that may be the key to productivity....I will NEVER run out of stuff to scrap! If (I keep telling myself when with great optimisim) I'm ever caught up with the current stuff I still have YEARS of photos to bactrack to!

Deb

I completed 98 pages! I am thrilled. I didn't finish my Disney album but at least I scrapped beyond my goal of a layout a day!
Way to go FantasicDisFamily!
I hope this month I can continue to be productive. I may go to a crop on the 28th. So who knows!

great job Ded and Sondra!
WAY TO GO :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I must say that I am thrilled with 40 though - thats the highest i have been in a LONG time

and as for those who run out of things to scrap :earboy2:
I have a CLOSET FULL of pics waiting and I can't keep up with the current stuff! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter