January Check IN 2019

It's our month! We leave in 6 days. Forecast has been all over the map, but it does keep showing rain during the week of January 7. It rained on and off when we went in 2015 and we were not prepared. This go around we'll have warm sweaters, rain jackets & a second pair of shoes ! No raining on my parade ;)

It's officially vacation month! Yay! We're at Disneyland January 13-19, with a split stay (our first ever): 2 nights at Paradise Pier, then moving to a DVC villa at Grand Californian for 4 nights. (I just got one more night off the waitlist; before we were planning 3 and 3.) This trip is a little funky because I will be in Northern California for work the week before; DH and DD are flying to LAX from Chicago, and I'm flying from SFO. So we are meeting in LA and then heading to Disneyland the next morning!

I'm starting to pack today (since I actually leave for my work trip on January 7) and we are packing for all eventualities: cold, heat, rain, sun. We had tons of rain during our February 2017 trip and still had a marvelous time, but I am hoping for a bit more sun this time around. :)

Bought our tickets last night! Started planning packing stuff and ordered the random things we might need. This family is getting quite excited!

We'll be there January 8 - 11 for our second trip! We were there in 2015 for the 60th anniversary...and I didn't realize that the shows don't usually run on the weekdays. I was pretty bummed that there are no night shows for the Tuesday & Wednesday we are there...but I am holding out hope that WOC will be back when we get there ( it was down last time we were there too). We're going with a group of 8 - 4 adults, 2 seniors (first trip for them) and my kids 10 &12. This trip can't come fast enough - we're so excited!

Did you see fantasmic has been added for Tuesday night 1/9? There’s two shows it looks like! Though I tried to get a dining package and it says they’re not available

Did you see fantasmic has been added for Tuesday night 1/9? There’s two shows it looks like! Though I tried to get a dining package and it says they’re not available
I did see it! Though odd there are no Dining Packages? We'll still keep our Friday dining package, so I'm not sure if we should stick around to see it Tuesday ( might be a good time to get some rides in )

Going to be in Anaheim from 1/5 through 1/9 for our second anniversary. Our first Disneyland trip in was in January 2017 for our honeymoon. Hopefully crowds aren't too bad.

Last edited:
Only 23 more days until our vacation!! The kids are so excited, even the 16 yr old, lol. I am getting nervous about crowds, even though the crowd calendar looks like light days. What are all of your dinning plans? Places you are wanting to eat at? I can't wait to go to the Tropical Hideaway and we made reservations for Blue Bayou for our last day in Disney, and PCH Grill to see Stitch on the day we are leaving. I also have one at the Plaza Inn but don't know if we are going to want to spend precious park time doing sit down eating. I feel like I should have made more reservations though....
There are so many cool things going on in January- Mickey's Mix Magic Jan. 18th, Soundsational Parade the 25th, Valentines Day decor Jan. 22- Feb. 18, Lunar New Year Jan. 25 - Feb. 17th (which I am super excited about).

Only 23 more days until our vacation!! The kids are so excited, even the 16 yr old, lol. I am getting nervous about crowds, even though the crowd calendar looks like light days. What are all of your dinning plans? Places you are wanting to eat at? I can't wait to go to the Tropical Hideaway and we made reservations for Blue Bayou for our last day in Disney, and PCH Grill to see Stitch on the day we are leaving. I also have one at the Plaza Inn but don't know if we are going to want to spend precious park time doing sit down eating. I feel like I should have made more reservations though....
There are so many cool things going on in January- Mickey's Mix Magic Jan. 18th, Soundsational Parade the 25th, Valentines Day decor Jan. 22- Feb. 18, Lunar New Year Jan. 25 - Feb. 17th (which I am super excited about).

Carthy circle is a grey meal but pricy. Lamp light lounge is also nice if you are into fancy drinks. I also like jazz kitchen in DTD.

Am I the only one fretting about making my flight with the government shutdown? I'm seeing all of these articles talking about TSA officers calling in sick and getting awfully worried. :( I'd already planned on getting us there 2.5-3 hours prior to departure time but..

Am I the only one fretting about making my flight with the government shutdown? I'm seeing all of these articles talking about TSA officers calling in sick and getting awfully worried. :( I'd already planned on getting us there 2.5-3 hours prior to departure time but..
That's one of those can't control factors, like the weather. Get there nice and early.

Gah, I hadn't even thought of this! We leave in 2 weeks, I hope the shutdown is over by then!

Jan 30- Feb 2 at Grand Legacy at the park. Quick solo trip for some sunshine in the winter!

I am super stressed about this! I fly to SFO for work on Monday, then down to LAX on Saturday. DH and DD fly Saturday from MDW to LAX and we are meeting there. That's a LOT of flights to get to Disneyland, and I'm worried about something being shut down or cancelled.

Gah, I hadn't even thought of this! We leave in 2 weeks, I hope the shutdown is over by then!
Nooo i hadn't though about this either. We have a early flight from San Jose to SNA. Usually I get there about 1 hr before I guess ill have to be there earlier just in case. We leave in less than 2weeks.

Nooo i hadn't though about this either. We have a early flight from San Jose to SNA. Usually I get there about 1 hr before I guess ill have to be there earlier just in case. We leave in less than 2weeks.
We are flying O'Hare to LAX. One crazy busy airport to another! I'm already nervous, last year we went to Vegas during this same time frame and we had a huge, unexpected early morning ice storm in Chicago and we missed our flight because of it!

Somewhat off-topic - but have you flown SJ to SNA before? How is it usually? We usually drive down but are considering whether flying would be a good alternate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter