January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

I chose to cancel our trip for this week as we were supposed to arrive shortly before Hurricane Irma did for a 10 night stay. It was a difficult decision after we'd been counting down for a year but still the right decision for my DD and I.

We're currently rebooked for Jan 27 - Feb 4, 2018 at Pop and hoping for either a RO discount or a Stay, Play and Dine discount. We lost our free dining so the cost of this trip is almost $500 more than our original one even though it's 2 days shorter.

Waiting and watching with everyone else. Based on historical information guessing new offers might be released in late Sept although will also understand if it's pushed out a bit due to the influx of calls the call center CMs are currently handling.

The only ride refurb i know of in January is Mission Space.

Mission Space just reopened after a semi-major refurb a few weeks ago. Are they really refurbing it again in January?

The only closure that I'm aware has been announced is Blizzard Beach (starting Jan 7).

I chose to cancel our trip for this week as we were supposed to arrive shortly before Hurricane Irma did for a 10 night stay. It was a difficult decision after we'd been counting down for a year but still the right decision for my DD and I.

We're currently rebooked for Jan 27 - Feb 4, 2018 at Pop and hoping for either a RO discount or a Stay, Play and Dine discount. We lost our free dining so the cost of this trip is almost $500 more than our original one even though it's 2 days shorter.

Waiting and watching with everyone else. Based on historical information guessing new offers might be released in late Sept although will also understand if it's pushed out a bit due to the influx of calls the call center CMs are currently handling.

These are our dates too! We are staying at POP and this is our first Disney vacation!

These are our dates too! We are staying at POP and this is our first Disney vacation!

Our dates are 1/27 through 2/3. We are staying at the Contemporary this time. First time trying a deluxe resort!

Waiting for AP rates !!!
Extremely tempted to purchase an AP!!! We rescheduled this week's trip to January due to Hurricane Irma so it means in 2018 we'll be going for 7 nights in January and another 8 nights in September. Playing with the numbers it's REALLY close (within $50 for the 2 of us) to upgrade to AP's.

The challenge with upgrading to AP's for us is that I know I'd want to go again to get our $$ worth out of our AP's which quickly turns the $50 into a lot more since we live in Canada! ;)

Extremely tempted to purchase an AP!!! We rescheduled this week's trip to January due to Hurricane Irma so it means in 2018 we'll be going for 7 nights in January and another 8 nights in September. Playing with the numbers it's REALLY close (within $50 for the 2 of us) to upgrade to AP's.

The challenge with upgrading to AP's for us is that I know I'd want to go again to get our $$ worth out of our AP's which quickly turns the $50 into a lot more since we live in Canada! ;)
If you know you are definitely going both trips I think it would be worth it if you calculate in the other perks like discounts at restaurants etc., but yeah if you are unsure at this point it would make you feel like you HAVE to for sure and you would be spending a lot on airfare/hotel etc.

If you know you are definitely going both trips I think it would be worth it if you calculate in the other perks like discounts at restaurants etc., but yeah if you are unsure at this point it would make you feel like you HAVE to for sure and you would be spending a lot on airfare/hotel etc.

Thank you! I'm going to look further into discounts and see what ends up being best. We will have the DDP for both trips (I just like the convenience of not looking at the price of food while on vacation) so that won't play into it but possibly things like discounts might. Thanks for your suggestion. Going to take a look!

If you go for the annual pass just make sure you factor in that additional 3rd trip...cuz once you have a pass you'll book an unplanned trip! LOL! The one year we got a pass because we knew we were going in Feb, June and then the next Jan. We ended up taking a weekend trip in March too because we had the pass, lol!

I am trying so hard to be patient. POR booked for Feb 7-16. Would love to upgrade if possible or save some money. I can't wait to tell the kiddos about our surprise trip! pixiedust:

Thank you! I'm going to look further into discounts and see what ends up being best. We will have the DDP for both trips (I just like the convenience of not looking at the price of food while on vacation) so that won't play into it but possibly things like discounts might. Thanks for your suggestion. Going to take a look!
I'm pretty sure you can get discounts on special events and things as well. Definitely check those perks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter