January WISH, Journey into January with hope and joy!

WooHoo for a new easy dinner last night - Mushroom Barley Soup. I bought a mix from Frontier Soups (which has no salt!) I had to add fresh mushrooms and chicken broth, and I chose to add some precooked chicken sausage as well. It was super yummy, and nice to try something out of the routine.

I am woohooing that our governor is upping the state grant (if approved by the state legislature) given to students going to college. The program runs like the Pell grant does but has been much less. With the increase it would make it in line with the amount of the Pell grant (maybe a little less) which, again if approved, would make state schools almost if not fully tuition free between Pell and this grant. This will help so many low income students go to school.

On top of this program he is proposing that every students in the top 5% of their graduating class and ant school in the state would get $5000 scholarship that is renewable. DD right now is in this top 5% of her school. This will be awesome if it is approved. We will be keeping a close eye on this. Also, with my work I get this info pretty quickly. I work at a college access program giving out scholarships to low income students in the area.

Woohoo... last night was the first time in four weeks were I didn't have to work at moving and keeping to a schedule. I'm to the point where I'm picking one or two things per day to organize and fine tune, yesterday it was stacking the books nicely in the bookcases. Today it will be re-hanging the curtain rods... they didn't stay up with the way I did the Command Strips, so I've ordered different removeable tape which will come today.

Woohoo... I have a lunchtime break between meetings today to get out for a walk. It is a little bit warmer than it has been and rain is forecast for the coming days, so I may make it a big walk and go to the beach.

Woohoo... I'll be setting up appointments with a new Chiropractor and a new massage person today...my body needs both.

Woowhoo DS7's latest is, again, a standard virus nothing more. I am getting pretty tired of him getting sent home constantly though. It's winter kids get sick...test him for covid then get him back to class please!

Woowhoo big scary work project is almost go live and then I can get back to my day job...the one I actually like.

Woowhoo our July long weekend vaca is booked!

Whooooohoooooo this day is almost over! What a….adventure…today has been!!

Had to go into work unexpectedly to cover for a teammate which was fine it went great-on the way home my gaslight came on so I pulled over to get gas and I didn’t have my wallet…no worries I will use my Apple Pay…except I never loaded my new credit card into Apple Pay 😳 I found $2.95 in change in my car and that got me 15 miles to home-thankfully!

Walked in the door and foster dog was struggling to breathe-sent a video and was told bring him immediately to the vet, only for his oxygen levels to be so low he needed to go to the hospital. Initial X-rays appeared to be lung cancer-we were absolutely devastated. However additional X-rays showed heart disease causing fluid on his lungs-NOT cancer 🎉 he will actually live longer and have better quality of life now because he is on heart meds! 7 hours in vets offices and lots of tears and we are finally home!!

Hoping for a better tomorrow!!

wahoo I love everyone's wahoos
wahoo I plan to start pricing out our July vacation
wahoo yesterday I looked at money and we can afford our July vacation
wahoo DH told me I should start saving for a safari. A couple of the youtube travelers I watch spent time in Africa during covid and seeing the national parks and all the animals made me want to go there. Don't know if I will or not but yahoo for DH suggesting it

wahoo I love everyone's wahoos
wahoo I plan to start pricing out our July vacation
wahoo yesterday I looked at money and we can afford our July vacation
wahoo DH told me I should start saving for a safari. A couple of the youtube travelers I watch spent time in Africa during covid and seeing the national parks and all the animals made me want to go there. Don't know if I will or not but yahoo for DH suggesting it
Africa is also on my dream list of places to visit1

I am thankful that the move went so smoothly and that I am now in the settling stage. Last evening I went for a walk with my Niece, NIL and their pup. I wouldn't have done a walk after dark without their company, and it felt really good to wrap the day up with real human conversation.

I am thankful for my promotion, for the support and recognition from co-workers and for the extra $$$ that came with it.

I am thankful that the living room drapes stayed up over night. And I'm thankful that I get to use my dining room table, there hasn't been room for it in the last three places I've lived so that's about 20 years without it.

I am thankful that College Board excepted our request for DD to get extra time on her tests. This is for the SAT, PSAT and AP tests. This will be such a good thing for her. If she knows how time is left and then sees all of her questions she panics a bit and then rushes when she doesn't really need to. This all tires into her anxiety.

So very thankful that my foster is doing absolutely amazing! I really thought we were losing him but it really seems he is making a full recovery!

Happy Friday to everyone-today is a busy day for DD and I so I need to make a list to make sure I don’t forget anything we need to do! Hoping for a productive day-it’s going to be a very cold weekend here but I am determined to keep it moving along!!!

Enjoy your day everyone!!

Tomorrow most of the day will be taken up with a linocut block printing class at the fort... doing this sort of thing is one of the reasons for moving here so I'm happy an interesting class came up so soon after moving.

Sunday I'm not sure about yet. More household organizing for sure, and getting out for a walk down at one of the beaches. But I'm also considering going to the nearby town of Poulsbo for some shopping or going to a movie here in town. 'Women Talking' and 'A Man Named Otto' both have showings around 4pm, both would be highly emotional so I'll have to see how I feel about that.

I saw A Man Called Otto about 2 weeks ago. It is a very good movie but I cried through the whole thing. They do do a good job of having a sad scene and then going right into a laughing one. Many times I was crying and laughing at the same time. Part of the movie was taped here in Northeast Ohio. Also, Ruben (Otto's Friend) was our county executive here years ago and has a scholarship with the place I work at.

Not much going on this weekend. DS is taking a SAT prep class and has a soccer game in Saturday. DD has her riding lesson and her work at the barn. It should be a nice weekend.

It is also going to start to warm up over the weekend and by next week be in the 50's. Que the headache. I always get a headache with big temp swings like this. But I am ready for the warmer weather.

I also got Merida:

1675528897299.png

Yesterday was a day... I locked myself out of the house. I was just taking something out to the garbage and absent mindedly pulled one of the three back doors closed behind me, the one that is self locking. Yep. Fortunately my Niece was working from home so I could go over there, and the realty office had spare keys but it took two hours to resolve so I missed all my morning meetings. Well done me.

This morning is going much better, I've been to the super yummy bakery to get a ham-and-cheese croissant for lunch during the class today, and of course picked up some breakfast as well. Delish... totally worth the calories. Really looking forward to being creative and being around people in class today. And I bought a movie ticket for Otto tomorrow, so it is going to be a fun and fulfilling weekend... of not moving.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter