January WISH, Journey into January with hope and joy!

Ah, the good stuff.

It is 9:30am and I'm seated at my desk, which is at the west facing dining room window. It is sunny and clear outside, the sun is coming over the top of the house and lighting up the taller trees and bushes and there are birds hopping around in the branches. The cats have settled well and seem to be enjoying all the choices this house gives them, so many more rooms and space plus stacks of boxes to climb on. This is truly the good stuff and I'm soaking it in.

I made myself an appointment for a facial today, because I want to be still and soothed, and my skin has really taken a beating with the stress and stress eating... really good stuff.

Also today I'm going to hang curtains which isn't high on the have-to-do list I just want to have them up, and I'll count it as the good stuff. I'll also finish setting up the back patio: I got the new chairs out of the shipping box yesterday but need to take the protective wrappings off, plus the new Solo firepit needs to come out of the box. My Niece and NIL said they'd come over tonight for a first fire, something I've been longing for. it's going to be a really good day.

Ah, the good stuff.

It is 9:30am and I'm seated at my desk, which is at the west facing dining room window. It is sunny and clear outside, the sun is coming over the top of the house and lighting up the taller trees and bushes and there are birds hopping around in the branches. The cats have settled well and seem to be enjoying all the choices this house gives them, so many more rooms and space plus stacks of boxes to climb on. This is truly the good stuff and I'm soaking it in.

I made myself an appointment for a facial today, because I want to be still and soothed, and my skin has really taken a beating with the stress and stress eating... really good stuff.

Also today I'm going to hang curtains which isn't high on the have-to-do list I just want to have them up, and I'll count it as the good stuff. I'll also finish setting up the back patio: I got the new chairs out of the shipping box yesterday but need to take the protective wrappings off, plus the new Solo firepit needs to come out of the box. My Niece and NIL said they'd come over tonight for a first fire, something I've been longing for. it's going to be a really good day.
Bliss.

I love today’s topic. It’s something that occurred to me in the past few years, and I now see that I deserve to have nice things and actually use them regularly.

My favorite designers are Kate Spade and Lilly Pulitzer…everything bright and colorful. My most recent indulgence was new Lilly bedding for my new bed and new paintings on the walls.

I have been "splurging" on nicer nailpolish so I have been using that as opposed to like dollar bottle stuff that tends to stain my nails.

Also ordered new curtains and magnetic tie-backs for the kids rooms. And little cherry tree lights for our mantle as I have decided I want to keep the coziness of Christmas-like lights in here all year. So now we have garland for Christmas and birch trees for the rest of winter. Sunflower string lights for fall and soon cherry trees for spring.

20230129_171638.jpg

Also been using scented oils in the diffuser more often. My living room currently smells like flight of passage.

Thoughts on next week. Should I start February or do all of the week here? What does everyone prefer?

It's taken me a long time to realize I can use the good stuff, and not to be sad if it breaks. I have oodles of dishes from deceased relatives and never used them. Now one (very partial!) set from my grandmother is part of our every day use. If one breaks, it breaks and life continues. And along those lines I think I told you all that I am buying new socks for myself that I love; no longer does it all have to be plain black and falling down around my ankles!

DH and I are planning our July vacation. Beginning stages yet, but it's coming together! Now to just crunch numbers and see how it will all turn out--knowing we have a wedding in March as well as spring break and DH told me he wants to go somewhere. He was thinking Palm Springs/San Diego/LA (someplace warm and close). Depending on numbers it may just be a few days at the coast here--where it will definitely not be warm!

What is getting you motivated this MONDAY?

My new Zoom classes (just a fun community program, not part of a degree) start this week, so having a schedule again is motivating me to stay on track with random house stuff as well.

And getting pumped for our upcoming Universal trip is motivating me to exercise. I want to be in good walking form!

Getting settled in and establishing new routines is my motivation for this week. I'm down to unpacking the last few boxes, then it is on to the finessing. Then the remembering where I put things.

With all the physical activity the past few weeks I've seen how active I need to be to burn enough calories to consistently lose weight. My weight loss goal for February is going to be to get to One-derland, which is a bit of a stretch so I am going to have to really work at it. New home, new habits and a new job, as my promotion came thru last week, so I'll have a higher level of responsibilities... I'm looking forward to that and to getting back to a regular work schedule.

Happy Monday!!

I missed yesterday so the good stuff-yes-just the past few years we have been financially at a point where we can actually buy a few nice things here and there and I treasure the nice things I have. I get my nails done once a month which is a luxury I didn’t used to have and I love it!

Motivation for today, well next Monday at this time I will be away for work to do some training for new staff and I am going to a remote part at Georgia. They have wonderful food there so that’s really the only thing I am looking forward to-but hoping to eat really good this week to make up for my eating next week!

Topic Tuesday!

I stumbled on this article and I actually own the rugs mentioned!
https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/sallyelshorafa1/kitchen-essentials

Got me thinking about the little things that can make our lives more comfortable, less stressful, more healthy or just simply better.
What little, simple gadget, gizmo or recently learned skill has improved your life recently?

In case you are curious those rugs are awesome! And where have blackout curtains and magnetic curtain ties been my whole life?

My new Kitchenaid Artisan stand mixer. I have wanted one for years, but I just could not justify the price. I have a Kitchenaid hand held that I've used instead, but some things like cookie dough are getting harder for me to make. What really allowed me to give myself permission to buy one was the pre-Christmas sale and my DD's Bloomingdale's discount...combined, I got it at half-price.

It's been a dream to use ever since, especially for Christmas cookies.

Wow, I actually have a lot of the things in the article, pretty good for someone who really doesn't cook. I recently got the OXO pop-top canisters for pantry storage and really like them. I will be getting one of the sensor activated trash cans soon, plus I've had my eye on that mop for a while.

As I've learned about ADHD I've been paying close attention to how I do things and what could be done better and have been more mindful when selecting tools and gadgets.

Wow ok so this article is amazing!!!! Lots of goodies I want-saving this for sure!!

I have the mop and I absolutely love it. I was gifted a mop/vacuum combo for Christmas which I was super pumped about…however just this week I returned to my ol’spin mop because hot tap water and fabuloso is the real winner for me, my house full of wood floors and 3 dogs. The mega expensive mopping device was not even coming close to the level of clean I get with my spin mop.

One gadget I have had for 15 years I can’t live without is my pampered chef can opener. It makes kids reusable with dull edges and it’s perfect every time!

I’m very proud of myself.

My para called out sick to me last night after I already went to bed. Needless to say, I was up half the night figuring out logistics for today. The morning was okay after I made adjustments for her absence. It was actually more calm.

Anyway, this afternoon we had a birthday party with ALL the trimmings which took my entire planning period to set up. Anyway, I considered having a cupcake to reward myself. I was going to log the calories and do it right. Would you believe that these cupcakes from BJ’s were 500 calories?!!!!!!! I mean…really?!!! It makes me think back to all of the cupcakes that I used to eat thinking, it’s just one cupcake, how bad could it be? I never checked the nutritional information. There were days when I would bring home the leftovers and have another one after dinner. Oh. My. God.

So, I am glad that I actually checked and made the decision to eat my banana while the kids got all jazzed up on sugar and food coloring instead of indulging my emotional eating tendencies.

Last edited:
Long day at work in every way except time! I left at the usual time. Just draining. I'm so glad tomorrow is the last day with students. Staff is very tired. Good thing we have conferences Thursday and Friday. Parent Club offered to bring in pizza on Thursday which was a big hit with everyone!

Good job @Summer2018! I remember looking up the calories of a costco muffin and it was 600 calories! Yowza, but I still have that and a pot of tea Saturday mornings! It's my splurge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter