Jen and Brook's Excellent Adventure

Giggle - love the comment about the background of pics! You never know what you're going to find! :rotfl:

Great. I hope to get started in the next few weeks. I'm still finishing off my last one, and I think Brook is going to start hers soon as well. I'm excited to see Brooks pictures too. Though I wonder how many of them I am in the background of....perhaps itching my rear, picking my nose, or just plain looking dumb. LOL!

:lmao:

Claire had started her 1st day of school while I was away on this trip. My friend dropped off a CD with pictures of her for me the other day and I thought I would share.

1stdayofschool2.jpg

1stdayofschool3.jpg

1stdayofschool4.jpg

1stdayofschool6.jpg

1stdayofschool8.jpg

1stdayofschool9.jpg

1stdayofschool10.jpg

Love the saddle shoes!:thumbsup2 I had a pair when I was young and thought they were the cutest thing!

So cute! Do they have a choice of what uniform to wear? I can't believe how grown up Claire looks in that outfit!

Claire looked great on her first day of school :thumbsup2

She was excited...that excitement has wore off now.

Love the saddle shoes!:thumbsup2 I had a pair when I was young and thought they were the cutest thing!

I love them too. I used to wear them in my chearleading days and always thought they were so comfy...great for people with big flat feet. :laughing:

So cute! Do they have a choice of what uniform to wear? I can't believe how grown up Claire looks in that outfit!

They can wear tan or navy blue (khaki) skirts, shorts in warm weather, jumpers and pants, white or navy blue tops and navy blue dresses. I am anti unifrom myself. I had to wear one in highscholl and hated every moment of it. LOL!

Do you know how easy school clothes shopping would be if Tyler wore uniforms? This child is picky about what he will or won't wear and he's only 7. He is real big on dressing nice and always matching. We have to go to 6 or 7 different stores before he has everything he needs.

Do you know how easy school clothes shopping would be if Tyler wore uniforms? This child is picky about what he will or won't wear and he's only 7. He is real big on dressing nice and always matching. We have to go to 6 or 7 different stores before he has everything he needs.

Picky children are picky about uniforms too! Paige was so picky and she cried daily about the uniform. She had like 1 shirt and two pairs of pants the liked out of her asortment of uniform clothing and if they weren't clean, she would cry and cry. It didn't matter that everything else was the same, she knew which were her favorites....another reason I am anti uniform. LOL!

And just for fun...another reason. Michale would tear the knees out of his pants, and hten you couldn't wear ripped pants to school. (this seemed to be a problem with all the boys in his class.) If he could've wore jeans, he wouldn't have had that problem.

I take a pic of my DD every year in front of her school's Mary statue on day 1. We love our uniforms. But they are updating our style and so I will have to pay full price soon. We have z great used uni sale 2x a year.

I take a pic of my DD every year in front of her school's Mary statue on day 1. We love our uniforms. But they are updating our style and so I will have to pay full price soon. We have z great used uni sale 2x a year.

I thought it was Mary at our school, but MIL told me yesterday it's St. Theresa. I have no clue if she is right, or how she would know. And St. T has nothing to do with our school. We are Holy Trinity, but used to be call St. Mary's for many years until we combined a few parishes.

Claire is looking so grown up! I wish we could just keep them little forever.

I do too! She will always be my baby, but she is not cooperating! and keeps growing!

ahhh, I remember those days of getting on the bus in my jumper. 12+ years of wearing skirts, i never wear them now!

But she is too cute! princess:

Great pics of Claire's first day of school!!! :thumbsup2

Our schools started last Monday, went for 4 days and then had a 4 day weekend, followed by another 4 day school week! I wish they'd just wait & start after Labor Day to make things easier! :laughing:

Can't wait to hear about the AEP -- but I'm behind on both yours & Brook's TR's so I better finish reading those first!

ahhh, I remember those days of getting on the bus in my jumper. 12+ years of wearing skirts, i never wear them now!

But she is too cute! princess:

I never had to wear uniforms when I was in grade school, but in HS I did and hated it! And they were ugly!

Claire looked so grown up in those back to school pics. They grow up so fast.

She is growing like a weed!

Great pics of Claire's first day of school!!! :thumbsup2

Our schools started last Monday, went for 4 days and then had a 4 day weekend, followed by another 4 day school week! I wish they'd just wait & start after Labor Day to make things easier! :laughing:

Can't wait to hear about the AEP -- but I'm behind on both yours & Brook's TR's so I better finish reading those first!

I don't get why we start so early too. WE have a long labor day weekend, and some kids don't go to school the whole week because our fair is going on. School just seems to be getting longer and longer anymore.

I had an unexpected/expected Dis meet on Tuesday!

I know that doesn't make sense. :rotfl:

There are a few Disers who live in my area. One is Normangirls. We pm each other every so often. She live not very far from me as well. She has actually done a bit of business with my Mom since we have been back as well.
This week (today is actually the last day) our County Fair is going on. It's a big deal around here for a lot of people. Kids even get a day off of school for it. (Tuesday) I know years ago it was ranked as one of the best fairs in the country. I don't know if that is still true, but it still is a great fair.

Anna (Normangirls), PM'd last week and said to be on the look out for her and she told me where she would be working at the fair and where their cows would be.
On Friday we went up for the tractor pulls (Skip dodn't pull as his tractor is broken again). It was REALLY hot, so Claire and I went for a walk around the fair a bit. It was crowded and we didn't see much, but we did see Anna's cows, but no Anna.
I went again on Monday, but it was again packed and I spent most of the time with my family (sisters, neices, BIL & mom and dad)
Tuesday we were meeting one of my friends and her DD to ride rides. This is the big day for rides as they have a discounted rate this day.
I put Claire on a ride and stood to wait for her.
A lady comes up to me and says "Hi Jennifer" all smiles. I had NO clue who she was, but I did waht Skip always does and said hi and smiled. She had her teen DD with her and I looked at her thinking it might be one of Paige's friends, but still no recognition.
Finally she laughed and said, her name and I knew then it was Normangirls. We talked a few minutes and it was very nice. She had told her DD when they saw us that I was a Diser and her DD didn't believe her so she said she would prove it.:laughing:

We had her DD take our picture as well.
This is my first local Dis meet! :banana:

I have horrid squinty eyes in both pictures. But here they are.

jenandana.jpg

annaandI.jpg

Notice the jacket...Thats my new sweatshirt from my AEP trip. Friday it was like 115 heat index and Tuesday it was in the 60's and very windy. What a difference in temps!

And here are some random fair pictures.

bagslide1.jpg

bagslide2.jpg

magiccarpet1.jpg

magiccarpet2.jpg

magiccarpet4.jpg

goinup.jpg

goingforadrive.jpg

claireandlexieatfari.jpg

pirateslide.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter