JL leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, just saw it, and was headed here, but ya'll beat me to it. She'll be fantastic!! :) But yes, a bit taken aback.

Good for her but I have to say I'm a bit shocked. I didn't think she would go to a competitor.

IDK....I mean, she did come FROM a competitor. And, if you are staying in Orlando podcasting, well where are you going to go? Aren't they all competitors? They all pretty much cover the same topic. Plus, its not like they have some gov't secrets or anything, they simply cover news.

I guess JLK wanted more of a full time role and—lets face it—that table is pretty crowded. I have not listed to that podcast in a while, but I remember Ricky was stepping away from full time hosting last year, so maybe this is a chance for JLK to take over a feature role there.

I may actually put that show back into my rotation, but not at the expense of the Dis. There is plenty of Disney PC content I make time for.

IDK....I mean, she did come FROM a competitor. And, if you are staying in Orlando podcasting, well where are you going to go? Aren't they all competitors? They all pretty much cover the same topic. Plus, its not like they have some gov't secrets or anything, they simply cover news.

I guess JLK wanted more of a full time role and—lets face it—that table is pretty crowded. I have not listed to that podcast in a while, but I remember Ricky was stepping away from full time hosting last year, so maybe this is a chance for JLK to take over a feature role there.

I may actually put that show back into my rotation, but not at the expense of the Dis. There is plenty of Disney PC content I make time for.
Why wasn't her role at the DIS full time? From her introduction video it doesn't sound like she'll be podcasting either.

I thought JL was doing something even bigger than just working for a Disney website but I was wrong. I don't want to go too much into this out of respect for JL and respect of the DIS.

Best of luck, but I didn't visit that site or listen to the podcast before, and I won't start now. Only so many hours in the day.

In terms of the disney podcast/news/forums business it does feel like a step backwards, but sometimes one step backwards to move two forward.

I thought she started with a Trip Report on the DIS. Then had her own blog. Then was on a competitor/s. Then was on the DIS podcast. But maybe I'm mistaken.

Sorry folks............why all the speculation? JeniLynn was here, there.........what does it matter? If you liked her great...........follow her to the new place. If you didn't..........your good then. All the speculation as to why this and why that seems silly to me. Her life, her choice..............time to move on. Again..............sorry :)

Doug :goofy:

When The Trip was still finding its feet, JL returned my email explaining the mission statement behind the show & what the hopes/plan for the format would be. I was impressed that she took the time to answer and thought that was classy. Like Steve and others, I will definitely check out her contributions to the other site. Whether I will do so long term will depend on the content & if it interests me over time. I'm a committed DIS'r so that really isn't an issue for me personally at all.

As a PP mentioned, its a small community in Orlando and no doubt difficult to find relevant work w/o being employed by a competitor.

I wish JL nothing but the best & have no doubt that her choices were made with her family's best interests in mind. She will do well at whatever she turns her hand to. Best wishes! :-)

Sorry folks............why all the speculation? JeniLynn was here, there.........what does it matter? If you liked her great...........follow her to the new place. If you didn't..........your good then. All the speculation as to why this and why that seems silly to me. Her life, her choice..............time to move on.
I agree, Doug. I recall plenty of times where a news anchor from one channel left and showed up on another channel doing pretty much the same thing. Why did they switch? Who knows? Maybe better hours. Maybe better pay. Maybe a larger dressing room, more vacation time, studio closer to home, whatever.

I'm not familiar with Inside The Magic so I have no idea if they have a bigger audience or a higher profile but what's the difference? The bottom line is that JL was with Attractions Magazine, then she was with the DIS, and now she's with ITM. I know she'll do a great job wherever she is. I watched her regularly with Attractions. I watched her regularly with the DIS. And I'll watch her regularly with ITM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter