Jollywood Nights-Hearing Some Negative Feedback...

From what I’ve read, everyone who asked for a refund got one. It’s on the guest to initiate it. Disney’s certainly not going to contact every guest. Even at holiday parties that have been almost complete rain outs, it’s always been up to the guest to ask for the refund.
That is not always the case. Just this week when a MVMCP was greatly affected by weather, Disney initiated a refund of sorts in that they credited every single guest with a 1 day ticket without them ever needing to contact Disney.

Jollywood #2 report:

Arrived at lot about 5 to 7, ignored CMs and parked near skyway station.

About 15 minutes wait to get in, went to RoR for posted 25 minute wait that was 10 minutes. Got our VQ right before transports left the station.

Then we walked right in to Oga's, which was half empty, Sat right in front of Rex, and enjoyed food and beverages. Then back to Rise.

After that we got some gingerbread squares and walked on M&M since we couldn't make the main show in time. Then did RnRC with about 15 minutes wait.

Made it to the 1045 show with getting in line at 1040. Good show. Great seeing Kermit and Piggy.

Then hit TZ twice with no wait, walked up for a drink at the Tip Top club. Walked back for two rides on Slinky Dog in the last half hour. Fireworks going off for our second ride.

Walked up while fireworks continued, and watched last 5 minutes of the show in front of the Theater.

Got our coasters parting gift (hadn't heard anything about those the first party), and were in the car at 1am.

Gotta say, we all had fun. My daughter loved all the rides, my girlfriend did too, and loved the show.

Yes, the day is pricey, but we rode a ton of stuff in 5 hours, visited Oga's with ZERO planning, and saw a nice Christmas show with Muppets.

We had zero interest in the Brown Derby, as Disney Dining in general is rarely worth the money.

Overall a great night. But it should have either been longer, or cheaper.

Jollywood #2 report:

About 15 minutes wait to get in, went to RoR for posted 25 minute wait that was 10 minutes. Got our VQ right before transports left the station.

Then we walked right in to Oga's, which was half empty, Sat right in front of Rex, and enjoyed food and beverages. Then back to Rise.

After that we got some gingerbread squares and walked on M&M since we couldn't make the main show in time. Then did RnRC with about 15 minutes wait.

Made it to the 1045 show with getting in line at 1040. Good show. Great seeing Kermit and Piggy.

Then hit TZ twice with no wait, walked up for a drink at the Tip Top club. Walked back for two rides on Slinky Dog in the last half hour. Fireworks going off for our second ride.

Walked up while fireworks continued, and watched last 5 minutes of the show in front of the Theater.

Got our coasters parting gift (hadn't heard anything about those the first party), and were in the car at 1am.

Gotta say, we all had fun. My daughter loved all the rides, my girlfriend did too, and loved the show.

Yes, the day is pricey, but we rode a ton of stuff in 5 hours, visited Oga's with ZERO planning, and saw a nice Christmas show with Muppets.

We had zero interest in the Brown Derby, as Disney Dining in general is rarely worth the money.

Thanks for the report. Here now and going to this party tomorrow. I see you went to the later show and got in 5 minutes before. Were there long lines for the earlier shows? Trying to decide whether to hit shows early or late.

Jollywood #2 report:

Great quick synopsis -- thanks for sharing. We'll be at the second last one, so good to hear things have turned around.

Jollywood #2 report:

This is a healthy attitude about the program. It's not a "party" like MNSSHP. Skip the lines and go for the rides (or apparently Oga's).
Rather, if you think of it as a paid extended hours, it works. It is what it is.

We originally were going to get dressed up but HBD isn’t very decorated nor playing Christmas Music, the band areas don’t have seating. I paid a lot of money to just walk around dressed up lol.

Instead I’ll do what we do mvmcp and wear Disney Christmas comfy clothes and ride tons of rides.

I have D23 add on for our 11/27, I haven’t seen anybody mention it yet. We get reserved viewing area JBJB and PizzeRizzo there’s snacks and a gift provided.

Anybody know if boats working for boardwalk resorts?

That is not always the case. Just this week when a MVMCP was greatly affected by weather, Disney initiated a refund of sorts in that they credited every single guest with a 1 day ticket without them ever needing to contact Disney.

Thanks, I hadn’t read a report of that before.

We originally were going to get dressed up but HBD isn’t very decorated nor playing Christmas Music, the band areas don’t have seating. I paid a lot of money to just walk around dressed up lol.

Instead I’ll do what we do mvmcp and wear Disney Christmas comfy clothes and ride tons of rides.

I have D23 add on for our 11/27, I haven’t seen anybody mention it yet. We get reserved viewing area JBJB and PizzeRizzo there’s snacks and a gift provided.

No the boats aren’t working. There is a bus for the boardwalk resorts.

From what I’ve read, everyone who asked for a refund got one. It’s on the guest to initiate it. Disney’s certainly not going to contact every guest. Even at holiday parties that have been almost complete rain outs, it’s always been up to the guest to ask for the refund.
Well, it's been over a week and I have initiated two phone calls and three e-mails - I have not received a refund, so . . . .? These reports that everyone who asked for a refund, got one, is not true.
This is a healthy attitude about the program. It's not a "party" like MNSSHP. Skip the lines and go for the rides (or apparently Oga's).
Rather, if you think of it as a paid extended hours, it works. It is what it is.
But, it is advertised as a party - look on the Disney website - it says it's a "party". "It is what it is"? Why are we giving Disney a pass on executing a poor event, not delivering what was advertised and essentially using first-night guests as dress rehearsal guinea pigs?

There will be no boats and the Skyliner isn't running either. There will be buses available.

After two emails - one last Monday and one on Wednesday, I just got a call from Disney. After a long spiel about how there was so much interest and anticipation for the event and how feedback from "guests like you" helps them make changes and that they are looking closely at the event and making adjustments as deemed appropriate, the cast member said they will refund my ticket costs. As usual, it goes to the card used to make the purchase and can take up to 10 days to process.

Well, it's been over a week and I have initiated two phone calls and three e-mails - I have not received a refund, so . . . .? These reports that everyone who asked for a refund, got one, is not true.

The reports I read were from people who got refunds without issue, seemed like anyone who asked for them got them. I’m sorry you’re having such trouble. Absolutely not right if they’re now ignoring those requests. Hope you get a resolution soon.

Did you talk to someone and they said no refund? Or were you just not able to get through?

In my email, I specifically listed the things we were able to do (rides mostly) and the things that long lines/crowds prevented us from doing (basically all the party exclusive stuff) - so ultimately we didn't end up doing anything that we couldn't have done on a regular day with our annual passes. Or if it had been an After Hours event - but minus the included popcorn, ice cream and soft drinks.

They didn't give any grief about giving a refund.

Did you talk to someone and they said no refund? Or were you just not able to get through?

In my email, I specifically listed the things we were able to do (rides mostly) and the things that long lines/crowds prevented us from doing (basically all the party exclusive stuff) - so ultimately we didn't end up doing anything that we couldn't have done on a regular day with our annual passes. Or if it had been an After Hours event - but minus the included popcorn, ice cream and soft drinks.

They didn't give any grief about giving a refund.

Nobody will call me back. I finally got an e-mail from the department that is handling this and I was hoping they would call me this weekend (CM said her hours were 10 am - 4 pm both Saturday and Sunday), but I didn't receive a call. I was told it may take up to 3 weeks to get a phone call. Honestly, I don't know what is worse, the party experience or the utter lack of customer service. I tried calling the number in her e-mail and it goes to some strange, internal phone system.

Nobody will call me back. I finally got an e-mail from the department that is handling this and I was hoping they would call me this weekend (CM said her hours were 10 am - 4 pm both Saturday and Sunday), but I didn't receive a call. I was told it may take up to 3 weeks to get a phone call. Honestly, I don't know what is worse, the party experience or the utter lack of customer service. I tried calling the number in her e-mail and it goes to some strange, internal phone system.
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with this. Hopefully they get back to you soon and resolve things to your satisfaction.

I called regular Customer Service to ask about a refund or credit. Although the CM remained polite and professional, I could definitely hear a slightly stressed tone of voice the second I said the word "Jollywood". I was denied a refund. However, the CM told me that unused Special Event tickets may be used for a future Special Event. To redeem for future event, call Customer Service. They will access the unused tix in your My Disney Experience and convert them to the new Special Event. I was like "Really?".... but yeah, that's what she said. If that's actually the case, I'd be fine converting these tickets to a future MNSSHP. (I did ask if I could covert the Special Event tix to some other upcharge like a Dessert Party, and she said no, it has to be for another Special Event)

What is this "Refund/Credit"? Is this for people who haven't been to the party? Or for those who went and didn't like the event? I hope they crackdown on the latter group. Sure there are legit reasons, but experience is highly subjective.

Jollywood #2 report:

Thanks for the report this makes me feel a lot better about it.

I am interested to hear what others may have thought about this past weekend’s event. Where there many changes? I see Disney added some characters, but is there more decorations in the Hollywood “jazz” Club? Better setups for treats/food? Or have a backup musical crew play while the main performers are on break?

I want to go to this event, but not interested in using the ticket like an after hours ticket to just go on rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter