Jon and Kate Plus 8, Official Thread-Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!!! I got the first non-topic starter post! ;) Do I get a medal or something? Maybe Kate can use her celebrity to get me some free stuff too! :D

Yes!!! I got the first non-topic starter post! ;) Do I get a medal or something? Maybe Kate can use her celebrity to get me some free stuff too! :D

LOL,
as long as your not an off spring of MonkeyBoy.

I can call the Tag Fairy for ya!

So I watched the season finale again. It was still sad to me. Jon looked pathetically sad and the part where he said he had to do some "work" before the Globetrotter's made me feel embarassed for him. All he did was look at the Allstate website. Wake up Kate please and see that your hubby needs to get a job that makes him feel fulfilled and meaningful. :sad2:

Why is it Kate's responsibility to get Jon a job? And I'd hope his job as a dad makes him feel fulfilled and meaningful.

Why is it Kate's responsibility to get Jon a job? And I'd hope his job as a dad makes him feel fulfilled and meaningful.

have you seen the finale yet? Jon's not feeling so fulfilled doing the work at home thing these days .. and Kate was pretty insensitive about it.

It's not Kate's responsibility to get Jon a job, I didn't say that. :confused3I think for him, he feels like the show isn't cutting it. I'm sure he loves being a Dad, I've always thought he looks like he enjoys the kids so much!

have you seen the finale yet? Jon's not feeling so fulfilled doing the work at home thing these days .. and Kate was pretty insensitive about it.

Negatory. I told ya I'd be rarin' to go once we hit the new thread! :rotfl:

It's not Kate's responsibility to get Jon a job, I didn't say that. :confused3I think for him, he feels like the show isn't cutting it. I'm sure he loves being a Dad, I've always thought he looks like he enjoys the kids so much!

OK, let me rephrase...why does Kate need to wake up and realize that Jon needs a job? Is Jon not a grown man who can decide to get one?

I'll reiterate that I haven't seen the finale, but even if Kate was insensitive to his declaration of unfulfillment regarding a career, can't Jon still pursue one? Heck, he can party with co-eds, surely he can send out some resumes.

Negatory. I told ya I'd be rarin' to go once we hit the new thread! :rotfl:

OK, let me rephrase...why does Kate need to wake up and realize that Jon needs a job? Is Jon not a grown man who can decide to get one?

I'll reiterate that I haven't seen the finale, but even if Kate was insensitive to his declaration of unfulfillment regarding a career, can't Jon still pursue one? Heck, he can party with co-eds, surely he can send out some resumes.

My point was simply that Kate doesn't "appear" to be supportive of how he's feeling. If that were me and my husband was communicating to me that he felt lost, you can be darn sure I'd encourage him to do something. I personally wouldn't want to see my husband sad and dejected that way. Yes, Jon is a grown man but it wouldn't hurt for Kate to encourage him to do something loves besides the show. To me, that spoke volumes.

My point was simply that Kate doesn't "appear" to be supportive of how he's feeling. If that were me and my husband was communicating to me that he felt lost, you can be darn sure I'd encourage him to do something. I personally wouldn't want to see my husband sad and dejected that way. Yes, Jon is a grown man but it wouldn't hurt for Kate to encourage him to do something loves besides the show. To me, that spoke volumes.

I see what you're saying, but I think it's also important for spouses to be able to also be independent people. Yes, Kate ought to offer her encouragment, but Jon should also be willing to be proactive if she doesn't.

But how is Jon being supportive of her? She is happy, and he is sitting on the couch complaining. It is just a two way street. She is not in the right. He is not in the right. They are going to have to work through this very tough situation. There are so many moving parts, and neither is right or wrong.

I feel like there is an assumption that Kate should roll over and do whatever Jon wants. It feels sexist to me (the general feeling of this line of argumentation, not anything specific that has been said). They have a complicated marital issue to work out. Quite frankly, Kate has far more earning potential than Jon does.

It feels like folks are arguing that Jon's happiness trumps Kate's. This may be a result of underlying gender assumptions, or it may be a result of Jon being a more sympathetic "character" on the show. Either way, I feel like Kate takes a lot of abuse on this board, and these threads.

If they stop the show, kate stops writing and touring, their roles will simply be reversed. Kate will be unhappy and Jon will be feeling more fulfilled. It is not a solution. I don't envy them, but I am confident they will be able to work through it.

I see what you're saying, but I think it's also important for spouses to be able to also be independent people. Yes, Kate ought to offer her encouragment, but Jon should also be willing to be proactive if she doesn't.

I would agree with that. Jon should be proactive, absolutely. :thumbsup2 I don't want to say anymore though since you haven't seen the finale!:goodvibes

ok. you need to watch the episode. I can't comment without spoiling it. :happytv:

PS. I hope you tivo'd it .. because it's not on any time in the next 2 weeks.

See I didn't get that at all. I saw them being very honest and saying that Jon is not happy and they as a couple are discussing options and ideas. Seemed to me that Kate was concerned her spouse was unhappy, acknowledged she was okay with her life at the moment and was wanting to discuss what they could do to make Jon's life more fulfilled. I saw nothing about her being unsupportive in the least. :surfweb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter