• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Journey into Imagination with Figment closing

That post misleading and not accurate.

He did not say there were no plans. He said there were currently no plans to shut it down. Is that not accurate, and if so, how? Because if there are imminent plans to shut it down, you haven't mentioned them. That's what the OP's post implied.

Why, why, why are people coming out of the woodwork to express support for an inferior, dumbed-down, shadow-of-its-former-self attraction such as the current version of Journey into Imagination??? I can understand this with regards to the original version, but what we have there now is a Figment overlay slightly dressing-up a mistake that should never have happened.

No one wants Figment to go away, and there doesn't appear to be any realistic chance of that even when the attraction ultimately gets refurbished (however long that is...sigh...).

Why? For me that's easy. I am NOT supporting this current version of JII, but I'd rather have this than no Figment at all!

Well the original track is still there, all they did was throw floors up on top of it!!! They need to bring back dreamfinder and FIX this ride... Disney makes tons of $$ so they need to start FIXing things i.e. THE YETI, FIGMENT, ect

Well the original track is still there, all they did was throw floors up on top of it!!! They need to bring back dreamfinder and FIX this ride... Disney makes tons of $$ so they need to start FIXing things i.e. THE YETI, FIGMENT, ect

Not attempting a thread hijack here, but I believe to fix the yeti they would 1.
have to close EE down for a long time, and given the fact that AK doesn't really have anything else to contain the crowds, I can't see this happening until an AK expansion occurs, and 2. it is speculated that they may need to "peel back" the mountain in order to get to the yeti superstructer, but that remains unknown if that is needed to repair it. So for now, it appears the yeti will make like Han Solo in The Empire Strikes back, and remain frozen in place for the forseeable future.

Although if they ever do fix it, I can see them doing a marketing campaign for the relaunch.

Although if they ever do fix it, I can see them doing a marketing campaign for the relaunch.

Let's see if we can come up with the promotional materials right now:

"The problem we tried to ignore has been fixed!"

or

"The broken Yeti we hoped you wouldn't notice is no longer broken!"

and last...

"It's finally working (mostly) right (we hope)."

or

and last...

Or, "Hurry up and visit WDW before it breaks again!"

There seemed to be a lot of work going on with it months ago, supposedly to attempt to get it to work at some level but not the way it was originally, but given that she's still as frozen as ever, it seems either they weren't really trying to get it to work or failed.

or

and last...

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::laughing:

I love figment. Each time I go, I buy a new Figment something. But the ride needs serious work. We were there in June and each time I tried to ride, there was something wrong. It broke down, the voice track didn't mesh with where we were, there was no voice track, etc. I would hate to see it go away, but it needs serious re-hab.

I love figment. Each time I go, I buy a new Figment something. But the ride needs serious work. We were there in June and each time I tried to ride, there was something wrong. It broke down, the voice track didn't mesh with where we were, there was no voice track, etc. I would hate to see it go away, but it needs serious re-hab.

Very interesting, considering they had not long ago spruced it up a bit...

I can see the T-Shirt now. A rear view of the Yeti, with his arms up in the air, saying "Yeti's Back!"

I don't think you need to worry about Figment being too outdated when EO is right next door. Are they trying to make kids stay away from that area of the park?

:rolleyes1...waiting for the Oh, how can you say that about Michael? DISers.

I don't think you need to worry about Figment being too outdated when EO is right next door. Are they trying to make kids stay away from that area of the park?

:rolleyes1...waiting for the Oh, how can you say that about Michael? DISers.

HOW can you say that about Michael! All he did for kids... lol I had to... :rotfl:

You guys are funny...:lmao: Anyway, my kids would be so upset if they closed JII:mad: They love Figment and the "Journey" as my DD(6) would say.:lovestruc They only know the current version however I remember the original version with the rainbow room :cloud9: Now, I may be called a squirrel for this next statement but IMHO JII is to EPCOT what It's A Small World is to MK. Meaning, it is just a simple little ride w/ a simple sound track that everybody or most will ride at least once because it's Disney or EPCOT. Or What a Carousel is to any Theme or Amusement park. Nothing fancy just kind of expected.... Just my 2 cents. :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter