July Challenge - -C'mon Girls!

Mom2Princesses

<font color=red>Just a Little Princess</font color
HI Everyone!

This is so exciting. I just found out I won the June challenge, and that I will be hosting this month's challenge. Needless to say, I don't know the prizes quite yet, I will get that posted by the end of our nice long weekend for sure. In the meantime, let's get scrapping!

Since I am new here, I will share a bit about my scrapping experience. I have been scrapping since 1998. I have several books going, one for each of my daughters, one "family" (for me to keep), a "growing up" album of my husband and I, side by side pages of he and I at each stage in our adolescence (this is not a book I pull out a lot---gosh I was geeky as a kid), and one each for my mom and Mom in Law. I also just went to WDW , so I have just about completed my first WDW album as well. Wheew! That is some work.

I love Me & My Big Ideas, and Jolee's Boutique. I will definitely include something of one or the other in the "prize bag". I am not into the brads, etc yet---it looks so scary but beautiful. I need to take a class!

Okay, so get scrapping--take those scrapbooks to your 4th of July parties, if you have to. July is a busy outdoors month, but like I say, the hours between midnight and 5 am are very good hours that are often overlooked by non scrappers! HE HE HE

Post your progress, I will be watching!
Thanks!

Ok, I know I have a ton of scrapping that has to get done this summer. Even with work being totally weird and spending more hours on campus than I would usually do in the summer it has to get done.

Those midnight to 5 am hours may just get used! I'm picking up 26 rolls of film from the cruise on the way home. And I have plenty with kids books all the time.

So somebody beat me!

Deb

I'm in this month too! Although I haven't done one page for about 2 weeks now!:rolleyes:

Hopefully I get motivated soon though! :)

Okay, it's my first time and I truly am excited, so I squeezed in a visit to the scrapbook store today, and I went through my exhausting mini store in my own house, here is what is up for the taking:

1) Mini "Winter" title die cut (in color)
2) 2 mistletoe die cuts (in color)
3) Frances Myer Christmas & Snowman stickers (2 sheets total)
4) Stickopotomus Easter chocolate eggs foil stickers
5) Pansy border stickers, small for around pictures etc.
6) 4th of July stickers CM
7) Me & My Big Ideas Beach stickers (so cute I picked up a sheet for me too!)
8) Tiny Tales "A Day At The Beach" poem, just cut and paste.
9) Jolee's Boutique Fall Leaves & Birthday set of stickers (2 small sheets)
10) Over Alls Title Border "Whirling" (with leaves, for Fall)
11) Turkey Dinner color Diecut
12) Sandylion Zoo border w/ stickers
13) 2 different WDW paper picture frames, from the scrapbooking packs that WDW sells
14) Happy Birthday 3-D stickers, great for making cards too. These came in a 5 pack, you get one loose sheet
15) 8.5 x 11 self sticking sheets. These have two designs per page, Pink, Yellow, Blue - - great for framing pictures etc
16) Elements..thoughts from the heart. This has the definition of Love and Child printed on Vellum paper, very pretty.

That is it!!! I tried to include a few things for each season and from major celebrations too.

Happy Scrapping!

I haven't been scrapping the last couple of months, but it is time to get back to work!

I just came back from Disney, and have Tons and Tons of pictures looking for a home.

I hope everyone gets lots and lots done!!

Patti

What the heck, I'm in again the month. I have so many pictures to scrap it is scary. I have never been this so far behind. Not sure how much I will get done with the kids home for the summer, building a new house, trying to sell the old house, etc...

My goal is to get one page done every day. Guess what? I am already a day behind :) Well, maybe I'll learn to be one of those midnight to fivers.

Sue

I am going on a retreat in about a week and a half... but that may be almost it for the month. So.... we shall see how I do.

I'm in!! I'm new to this part of the forum, as I just scrapped my first pages today. I've gotten 6 pages done on our 2002 trip and would like to have this Disney album finished before we go back in August! So far I love scrapping, but I just don't know how I'm going to organize all of this stuff! Ack!

Wouldn't miss it -
even if I am going to be gone a lot this month- And I have joined TO MANY swaps!
I love the motivation!
PAttyT

Well, we have almost everything done with my friend’s mother’s estate and all went really well considering the circumstances. I’m looking forward to this months challenge. So count me in! ! ! Oh and congrads Mom2Princesses!!

I'm a newbie and have never done this before. But I'm up for the challenge. So count me in please.

Count me in again. I'm like Patty. It keeps me motivated.
Cyndi (AKANickidahling )

WEll I already finished more that I thought I would get done this month LOL
I took my box of recent pics and my coluzzle to my mil's pool yesturday and cropped a buncha photos - this got me motivated to do a layout of two when I got home (actaully FINISHED one two page layout!) I just happened to have the PERFECT paper for it - if I get a chance tonight I will download it for you to see - the pics are of my son COVERED in my dd's play make-up! lol

patty = 2

I finished 4 pages last night of our cruise we took in March. I think I had four pages last month so I think I am doing good:) We have no plans for the Fourth so maybe I can set up the card table and get a few more pages done.

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Okay, I'm new to the challenge thread... what exactly is this month's challenge? TIA!

I'm in...going to Costco later to pick up some film. Hopefully I can get some layouts accomplished tonight or tomorrow. I did get a bunch of pages done for my Mom; she had bought an album and all the accessories to scrapbook our March trip to WDW. She hadn't started. So I jump-started her book and got all the MK done and most of Epcot done. She was soooo happy and pleased. I just hope it motivates her to do the rest!

ToDisney-

The challenge is to get as many scrapbook pages as you can finished in the month of July. Periodically post on this thread what you have accomplished and we cheer each other on and give support/ideas. The winner of the June challenge will reward the winner of the July challenge with scrapbook goodies (look at the first post or so to see what you will win). Then the winner of the July challenge will host the August challenge, and be responsible for getting a little goodie bag of scrapping stuff for the August winner. It's fun and motivating!

Ok ladies its day 5 of July and I've done 23 pages so far. My LSS is not charging to scrap this summer so I spent from 10am til 4pm the other day.

Woo Hoo Becky! Way to go! That's cool that your scrapbook store is giving scrap time free of charge. I bet you managed to buy a thing or two though! That's what I love about scrapping at a store or at my CM's house...if I need a certain sticker or diecut, it's right there! Same with paper, adhesive, etc. I just love that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter