• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**June 2016 check in**

Well, we just got the okay for the hubs to take time off of work, so we'll be in the parks 6/27-7/1! I'm hoping we can upgrade to APs after we use our MM Tuesday.

Wow, I hope it's not 100 in a couple of weeks. Trying to get away from those types of temperatures, haha

Me too! Just looked again and now Sunday says 102!!!! UGH! My days are right aroun 80-85. Still too hot for me, but doable! LOL! Anything is better than last September where every one of our days it was over 100!

What?? The temps are going up? Ugh....

Under those circumstances, we will plan to alternate between Splash Mt (hopefully sitting in the front) and then head over to the Haunted Mansion for the a/c! Lol!!!

Yeah, one of the best part about Disney parks is the number of attractions that are indoors, and many of the best/longest ones at that.

First park day!! We'll be in Disneyland this morning. I'm wearing a purplish burgandyish colored tshirt that has a pig on it and says southern trend and my cupcake print Minnie ears (those may come off as the day goes on). I'll be with my husband and two boys, both in glasses, one in a Mickey shirt, the other in Donald. If you see us, don't be shy!! I'd love to say hello!!

First park day!! We'll be in Disneyland this morning. I'm wearing a purplish burgandyish colored tshirt that has a pig on it and says southern trend and my cupcake print Minnie ears (those may come off as the day goes on). I'll be with my husband and two boys, both in glasses, one in a Mickey shirt, the other in Donald. If you see us, don't be shy!! I'd love to say hello!!

Have a great time!!

I'm getting so excited reading all the post of those that have already in Disneyland! Still too much to do and not enough time to get it done. We are done with school this Friday and then my girls perform in the Wizard of Oz Fri, Sat, Sun. That only leaves me 2 days to get us all ready to go and I have to work those 2 days as well. My DD also turns 15 on Monday. I told her we will celebrate it in Disney as there is no time to plan anything. We go to BB on the 23rd so I need to do some digging to find out if I can order a special dessert?

Finally got all of our travel package in and tomorrow is my last day of work!! I am trying to get my pool vacuumed out Thurs and Friday we will be heading to our departure city....sooooo excited...tried to bribe my kids last night to eat their veggies by telling them whoever ate all of their food could pick the first ride one day, it worked for my DD my son was like it isnt that important :D

I'm leaving the office in 15 minutes, picking up my niece from camp and we will be on the road! Hitting Disneyland first thing in the morning!!! Can't wait!

We are watching the Pixar parade in a minute. Had a great first day so far!!

Anyone interested in meeting up tomorrow?

I haven't seen you yet!! Lol..

Last day of school for us today!! Woohoo!! Have 2 bags partially packed and will do more packing today!

How is everyone doing at the parks? Hopefully, having tons of fun!!!

Last minute I decided to get a birthday cake for DD that will turn 15 on the 20th. Our lunch at the Blue Bayou isn't until June 24th but that is our only sit down ressie. $34.95 and it will have Olaf on it. I'm not telling her so its a surprise.

Here now! We're in DL today and having fun but man is it getting busier by the minute it seems!

All benches and curbs on Main Street were full at 615 for the 830 parade! We're waiting since my nieces feet hurt and she's tired! Kinda crazy!!

This was our second day in the parks. We started with California Adventure later yesterday since we had a lunch reservation & my son's girlfriend loves the princesses. The food was surprisingly good.

Today we got a late start for the main park, but we managed to hit a lot of rides before I pooped out. We came back to the hotel to rest, and I told my son to go ahead and go back without me so they could enjoy the evening as a couple.

The crowds are quite intimidating, but they're not nearly as rude as those we encountered at Knotts and Magic Mountain. I just wish that my feet could keep up with my energy level.

And yes, I'm totally balking at the Sunday forecast. We were planning on doing the WOC dessert party, but now it's sounding miserable.

We are good to go for next week. We are in Phoenix so we are used to heat (although not being outside in it all day). Just received the little caribiner misting fans I ordered and we will have large hats and lots of sunscreen.

Just decided today to go for the weekend from the Bay Area. Snagged the Ramada Plaza on the corner of Katella and Harbor for $99/night so hubby couldn't say no.

Then we are back in two weeks again for 4 nights :)

Here now! We're in DL today and having fun but man is it getting busier by the minute it seems!

All benches and curbs on Main Street were full at 615 for the 830 parade! We're waiting since my nieces feet hurt and she's tired! Kinda crazy!!
Thanks for the live update. I've been watching the app and the rides this afternoon looked crazy busy. Glad I booked our PTN ressie then. I don't want to line up that early.

I leave tomorrow! It almost doesn't feel real...

not worried about the crowds in the slightest; it's no worse than Times Square or Center City Philadelphia at 6 PM; plus it's one of the perks of not getting to visit until these last couple years; even if there IS a purported increase in attendance, it's not like I'm going to notice it because I have no frame of reference for it

The heat may or may not be a bit intimidating though, but hey, I always say that the only thing that could ruin a Disney vacation is if the parks are closed for good while you're there, so you better believe I'm excited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter