**June 2016 check in**

We just got back yesterday. Had almost perfect weather during our time there (cooler mornings, not too hot in the afternoons, but still warm enough to enjoy the pool!). It was a fabulous but exhausting trip! But 3 days was really just not enough to do everything we wanted - we'll just have to go back!!

Oh man...when the shuttle driver turns the corner and out of nowhere Mickey's Fun Wheel and California Screamin' are staring you in the face and you don't even LIKE either of those two rides necessarily but it's a reminder of how it took you 14 ungodly hours to get there thanks to delays and the like and how you were exhausted and couldn't really see straight but who cares it's DISNEYLAAAND-

whew. Breathe...

At the airport waiting our first time in the airport went pretty smooth...everyone said arrive 2 hrs early it tooks us maybe 15 mins...we could have slept a little later and enjoyed free breakfast now ill hv to find us something in the airport bit cant wait to leave

Hey everyone, we came back from our trip yesterday and I have to say that we had the most magical time ever. My DH has made hints that he would like to return, but we aren't sure exactly when :goodvibes. The weather was a bit on the chilly side (now I know what they mean by June Gloom) because the temps ranged from the high 60s to the low 70s without any sun (it did peak through the clouds a bit during the day, but not much), it wasn't until Wednesday and Thursday where there was no clouds and it was warm. The parks were packed during the afternoon and evening hours, but during the morning hours we were able to ride many rides multiple times, even the headliners. We did see a ton of grads walking around and school/day camps too but they didn't bother anyone like the grads did 3 years ago when we were there, we were very pleased by that. One of our highlights of our trip (we had numerous highlights though) was that yesterday morning, before heading to the airport, we went over to DCA (they had EMH) and got to ride the new Soarin over the World ride...won't spoil it for anyone but I just have to say that it was amazing, still love the old version, but I know I will grow to love this one just the same.

We stayed 1 night at Paradise Pier Hotel which was fine...it is a nice hotel with a great view (booked an upper level theme park view), but we had stayed at DLH 3 years ago and really liked that hotel with the theme and the history the hotel has, so I think we would go back there the next time. We then we moved over to the VGC where we stayed in a 2 bedroom villa that faced Paradise Pier (we were on the 3rd floor in room #3500), we fell in love with this hotel (like we did the first time we stayed there 3 years prior) and since this was our first time staying in a 2 bedroom villa, we are now spoiled by it. The staff was great and hotel was clean and beautiful, and we love the special entrance to DCA.

I do have to say that I absolutely loved all of the special decorations and shows that Disneyland put on for the 60th Anniversary. I am so glad that our family got to experience this amazing fete (I did buy some special 60th Anniversary merchandise for our home). The parks are all decked out so beautifully and my family loved the Paint the Night parade, we actually watched it twice (we are normally not parade people). I also really enjoyed the special World of Color show even though I have read many negatives about it (we did get to see the original version on our first trip and loved it). As for the Disneyland Forever Fireworks show at DL park (I think that is what they are called), I thought those were amazing, however I really liked PTN and WoC a little bit better. All in all our family had an amazing time, and we are all looking to go back, but unfortunately it probably won't be for a couple of years. I know I have said it before, but I will say it again....Thank you all to this amazing group of people who answered my questions and who sat back and just talked about Disneyland, you all are truly special people.

Here today since rope drop at DCA , and crowds have been very easy going. It's definitely hot so lots of water , sunscreen and cooling off breaks are important.

We got FP for Soarin for 9:15am- 10:15 around 8:10am , walked into GRR , walked onto Little mermaid , rode Soarin (AMAZING BTW!!) , walked onto TOT , grabbed lunch , got RSR FP around 11:45pm for 1:45-2:45 return. Then rode Luigis with 20 minute wait.

Frozen FP were still available around 11:15am for both the 4:40 and 5pmish shows!!

Rode Screamin with 10 minute wait , let hubby do Silly symphony swings , grabbed waters , got GRR FP for 1:45-2:45 so just ducked into Whitewater snacks about 1:10pm for a cooling break and light snacks before our Blue Bayou lunch at 3:30pm.

PSA : Frogg togg cooling towels are the best things ever.

we got our park tickets when we were waiting for our room to be ready...we are staying at Stanford Inn and Suites and I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised!! The room is clean we are on the bottom I have heard stomping above us or people next door and I know ppl are in there we did hear suitcases or carts outside earlier but that is it and the kids LOVE their room...goin to bed tomorrow is our first park day and its gonna be HOT

we got our park tickets when we were waiting for our room to be ready...we are staying at Stanford Inn and Suites and I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised!! The room is clean we are on the bottom I have heard stomping above us or people next door and I know ppl are in there we did hear suitcases or carts outside earlier but that is it and the kids LOVE their room...goin to bed tomorrow is our first park day and its gonna be HOT

Yes it's going to be very hot so please apply sunscreen generously , reapply every hour to two hours especially on any exposed skin like face and shoulders. I highly recommend going early , taking an extended break by 1:30/2pm and returning around 6pm. We've been here all day with well planned in park breaks but fear tomorrow will be even worse.

Make a priority list and use FP to your advantage. Someone at Grizzly fainted today due to heat exhaustion or dehydration , it's so easy to happen.

We rarely go this time of year but opportunity presented itself but if we had kids we certainly would be very cautious.

We are leaving (driving) tomorrow from Phoenix at about 0200 and going to hit Legoland first on Monday (we want to do the waterpark and since I am wimpy about cold, that is the warmest day to do it) and then check into our room at DIS Monday night. I am not thrilled about the hot weather but if it would keep the crowds down I would be appreciative.... we shall see!

We are leaving (driving) tomorrow from Phoenix at about 0200 and going to hit Legoland first on Monday (we want to do the waterpark and since I am wimpy about cold, that is the warmest day to do it) and then check into our room at DIS Monday night. I am not thrilled about the hot weather but if it would keep the crowds down I would be appreciative.... we shall see!
it doesnt apparently, the lines werent crazy this AM but it seemed a lot of people were walking around we got SO much done this am getting there right at opening...we were on splash prob about 9 ish and got to ride back to back and was asked about a 3rd time!

Well, I injured myself on the 11th and unfortunately heave to cancel my trip that was supposed to begin on the 27th. I am extremely disappointed but hopefully, I will be able to rearrange everything and go near the end of August (although our hotel is already booked). So, I will be having to look at hotel reviews all over again. I hope everyone has had or will have great vacations.

Our shows ended last night and I have 2 days to get everything ready! I've decided to only work a 1/2 day tomorrow. There is just too much to get done! I did book our WoC dessert package for the 27th this AM. Had no problems getting a table for 5. A little disappointed that the Frozen package starts the day we fly home.

We leave next Monday for our Disneyland/Universal Studios trip. We are staying at the Grand Californian and this is a total surprise to my DD 10. She has no idea! I will wake her up right before our flight and tell her to pack her bags because we are going to Disneyland! I did this when she was 5 and have it recorded, now I am going to do it 5 years later. I figure this will be her last time as a "little girl", luckily she loves all things Disney as much as I do. Can't wait!

We're back home :( We had a fantastic time! The grad nights didn't bother us one bit! We got a ton done each day between 8-11 and Friday was the best! In a little lover an hour we rode Indy, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Splash! There was absolutely no wait for any of those rides, it was amazing!!!!

We leave tomorrow! I'm so excited, and of course I have a million things to do today. We fly in Tomorrow afternoon and will spend Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday in the parks before heading to San Diego. Not excited about the heat, but I figure if we can survive WDW in the humid summer, this shouldn't be a biggie.

A few pics from our trip...

My niece with some princesses

Me and one of my BFF's with come characters

The kids with the characters

Carthay Circle WOC lunch package

Some of our treats

Bags are basically packed. The biggest issue will be getting the girls to bed for a 3:30am wake up. The car comes at 4:20am. What was I thinking????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter