• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**June 2016 check in**

We are going on our first trip June 28th-July 3rd. 4 days in Disneyland and 2 in La/Hollywood. Any idea on when June park hours will be out? The suspense is killing me!

We are going on our first trip June 28th-July 3rd. 4 days in Disneyland and 2 in La/Hollywood. Any idea on when June park hours will be out? The suspense is killing me!
Usually not til 60 days out (i thnk or 90) should be full hours though! And not everything is put on there at 60 days they are a little slow

They release them day by day, I believe 45 days out- maybe 6 weeks. I just looked a few days ago and they are releasing early May right now. So.... You have a while :(

Hello all! I haven't been on the boards in a year and a half or so. Since our last trip. :( But we are taking the family back for May30th- June 5th. :) It will be our family of 7. We are so excited!!

We love character meet and greets. In fact, my almost 21 year old son, stood in line by himself to meet Anna and Elsa. The rest of us didn't want to wait that long. He had a blast. We have had some wonderful interactions. Marissa asked Chip and Dale where Alvin was and Chip (or was it Dale?) just laughed and laughed. Merida and my older 2 kids went on and on about tiresome little brothers / sisters. The CMs that you meet before Captain America were amazing and so into character. We sometimes have character greet and meets on our must do list ahead of the rides. My oldest 2 aren't as much into getting autographs but they do want the picture. My youngest (12 yrs) still gets the autographs.

Greetings! Headed to Disneyland for one day only-June 24th! Doing southern California and only have time for one day in the parks! It will be me, Nana, and my nine year old grandson. We'll try to hit the highlights and squeeze in everything that we can! Any suggestions on what not to miss? Also, should we do WOC or the nitghttime show at Disneyland Park? (don't know the name) Thanks!

Greetings! Headed to Disneyland for one day only-June 24th! Doing southern California and only have time for one day in the parks! It will be me, Nana, and my nine year old grandson. We'll try to hit the highlights and squeeze in everything that we can! Any suggestions on what not to miss? Also, should we do WOC or the nitghttime show at Disneyland Park? (don't know the name) Thanks!

I would say Carsland is a "not to miss" for us and is over in California Adventure. As for WOC or the parade at Disneyland, I would vote for the parade only because of the standing required for WOC unless you want to do the WOC dessert that comes with seating and costs about $80 per person.

Ugh. How I wish DL was like WDW in this situation! :sad2: At least I can make my ADRs in less than a month now! :yay:

I made a change today im a little nervous but a little excited, we had booked Park Vue Inn but I started looking on getawaytoday.com and the price they had for Stanford Inn saved us like $500 so we will be staying there, its further away so we will have to use ART but recent reviews on TA have been really good and the kids will like having their own room with their own tv

I made a change today im a little nervous but a little excited, we had booked Park Vue Inn but I started looking on getawaytoday.com and the price they had for Stanford Inn saved us like $500 so we will be staying there, its further away so we will have to use ART but recent reviews on TA have been really good and the kids will like having their own room with their own tv

We usually stay at Park Vue. Our last trip, we went with a group and they booked Cortona Inn. It was further away and we did ART. It worked fine. There are many routes, so our route, we were the first stop. Great for night (although sometimes with a packed bus, it made it difficult to get off). The mornings, since we were first, we were on the bus for a good 20- 30 minutes picking other people up. It was those mornings, that after being on a bus for awhile, I would look over at Park Vue and wish we were there. But, I must also note, our group rates at Cortona were more than Park Vue, so that made the bitter difference. If I had been saving $500, I think I would have looked over at Park Vue with a smile knowing I saved money and that meant more souvenirs or would fix the AC at home (it broke when we got back from our vacation). So, having said all that, I think you will enjoy your trip. I wouldn't worry about the distance. ART works great. And when you are tired after a long day, you don't have to walk as far to the bus as to Park Vue.

Oh, and the ART was freezing. We didn't want to carry jackets all day in July, but it was well air conditioned. I guess too cold is better than too hot.

Just FYI, if you follow HoJo Anaheim on Facebook...they're having a 20 things in 20 days contest. Two packages will be given away, a 4 night stay at HoJo and a pair of 3 day hoppers.

I've got two days under my belt, and I hope I remember to keep checking each day to do the next task!!

Dining reservations open through 6/4...the waiting is killing me, and we haven't even decided if we're going to do Paint the Night or World of Color packages after all!!

It's all that WDW prep ingrained in my brain!

Hope everyone is doing well. We've had beautiful weather down here for the last few days, making us all ready for summer!

Ok, we're all updated again!!

How about a question of the day to get some activity going??

Does your family enjoy character meet and greets? What has been your best experience, and who are you looking forward to meeting next?

I first have to say that I absolutely love this idea...what a way to pass by the time until our trips :banana:

To answer your questions, yes my family love to do character meet and greets whether it is in the parks or at a character meal, we love to scope out the characters that we haven't met before plus our favorites (we really loved doing this during our first visit to DLR because there are so many characters that are there that aren't in WDW). The next question is a tough one to answer because since we are WDW vets and we go there at least twice a year, we have had so many wonderful character interactions that it is truly hard to to pick just one, however, the one character experience that my family will never forget and I probably would have to say was our favorite (so far), happened while visiting DLR during our first trip in 2013. We were dining with Minnie and Friends at the Plaza In and my DH really got into it with Captain Hook (Captain Hook is one of his favorites to meet and greet with), we were all rolling on the floor laughing due to it...DH kept saying "tick...tock....tick....tock" whenever Hook came around, let's just say that Hook did not like it one bit and he kept his eyes on my DH during the breakfast :rotfl:. The characters that we are really looking forward to visiting with on our upcoming trip are any of the Marvel characters that are out and about, Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde, and Olaf...these are characters that you cannot see in WDW (Olaf will soon be a meet and greet there though) so we are ecstatic to meet and greet with them :goodvibes.

I just booked our pirate dinner adventure Im kinda excited about that!! We got the upgrade with getawaytoday.com to captain seating so we will be within the first 3 rows!! We did medieval times last time and my kids LOVED it so we are gonna try this this trip!!...now if only dining could hurry up and open...I think I have pretty much decided to do the Aladdin's Oasis meal for PTN especially since my son wants to do Goofy's character dinner which I hadn't planned on doing

How is everyone's planning/waiting going!!!! I have already sort of started packing :scared::yay: I have got the kids a couple shirts so they go in the suitcase they aren't allowed to wear them til vacation and a friend gave my DD some clothes and some of those are nice and not all stained so they are in the suitcase so they can stay that way!! I also cleaned out my closet and dresser and found some shirts I didn't know I had that are in great shape so they are all in the suitcase lol

I just booked our pirate dinner adventure Im kinda excited about that!! We got the upgrade with getawaytoday.com to captain seating so we will be within the first 3 rows!! We did medieval times last time and my kids LOVED it so we are gonna try this this trip!!...now if only dining could hurry up and open...I think I have pretty much decided to do the Aladdin's Oasis meal for PTN especially since my son wants to do Goofy's character dinner which I hadn't planned on doing

How is everyone's planning/waiting going!!!! I have already sort of started packing :scared::yay: I have got the kids a couple shirts so they go in the suitcase they aren't allowed to wear them til vacation and a friend gave my DD some clothes and some of those are nice and not all stained so they are in the suitcase so they can stay that way!! I also cleaned out my closet and dresser and found some shirts I didn't know I had that are in great shape so they are all in the suitcase lol

I feel that I'm so far behind! I haven't even figured out what days to do what park. I've been so busy with PTA (I'm the President at Elementary and Treasurer at the high school) and I'm taking college courses. I have found no time to plan. I wish we can stay on site to take advantage of EMH but that is not possible. I do have my Disney box in my room that I put items we will use for the trip. If I didn't then they would get lost. LOL I'm thinking we will do our Hollywood/beach tour on Sat to avoid the crowds. Although I think I saw Sun could be busier than Sat. I think we will eat at BB on our first day in the park since it will be our EMH morning and we can do a early lunch and the first reservation to hopefully get waterside. My DD(9) and I watch a live video from MiceChat yesterday and got us excited. DD doesn't remember much so she was in awe of the Castle.

Our planning is going along really nicely, since my DD14 (will be 15 at the time of our trip) is helping me plan everything (she is a mini me when it comes to planning, she has become obsessive), we have made a day by day itinerary. I will also be able to start making dining reservations on Saturday, I can't wait to finally have confirmation numbers and times set in stone for each one of our dining experiences. As for clothing, my girls are wanting to do some Disneybounding while we are there (DH and I will be joining in the fun a few of the days as well) so we have been going through our closets and gathering clothing that will work, plus of course I have been doing some shopping to make up for what we don't have...I have also bought everyone bathing suits so we are good there as well. I just wish June would get here sooner, but I have a feeling with everything that is coming up in April and May (end of the year school projects, family parties, and my DD12 is in the school play that I am helping out with) it will indeed fly by fast :banana:.

I feel that I'm so far behind! I haven't even figured out what days to do what park. I've been so busy with PTA (I'm the President at Elementary and Treasurer at the high school) and I'm taking college courses. I have found no time to plan. I wish we can stay on site to take advantage of EMH but that is not possible. I do have my Disney box in my room that I put items we will use for the trip. If I didn't then they would get lost. LOL I'm thinking we will do our Hollywood/beach tour on Sat to avoid the crowds. Although I think I saw Sun could be busier than Sat. I think we will eat at BB on our first day in the park since it will be our EMH morning and we can do a early lunch and the first reservation to hopefully get waterside. My DD(9) and I watch a live video from MiceChat yesterday and got us excited. DD doesn't remember much so she was in awe of the Castle.
I haven't planned our day by day yet either I know the middle of the week is going to be our beach day and the pirate dinner day, we arrive early on Sat so I am trying to decide what to do that day I had considered getting a car and going to the beach for a little while that day but our plane is scheduled for 11:10AM we are taking Disneyland Express from SNA and unfortunately I don't think we will make the 11:30 bus so we will probably have to sit and wait til 12:30pm so Im kind of thinking maybe just DtD and eating dinner somewhere, I think Newport beach is like 20 mins away but by the time we get to the hotel and get the car I don't know if it would be worth it.

Our planning is going along really nicely, since my DD14 (will be 15 at the time of our trip) is helping me plan everything (she is a mini me when it comes to planning, she has become obsessive), we have made a day by day itinerary. I will also be able to start making dining reservations on Saturday, I can't wait to finally have confirmation numbers and times set in stone for each one of our dining experiences. As for clothing, my girls are wanting to do some Disneybounding while we are there (DH and I will be joining in the fun a few of the days as well) so we have been going through our closets and gathering clothing that will work, plus of course I have been doing some shopping to make up for what we don't have...I have also bought everyone bathing suits so we are good there as well. I just wish June would get here sooner, but I have a feeling with everything that is coming up in April and May (end of the year school projects, family parties, and my DD12 is in the school play that I am helping out with) it will indeed fly by fast :banana:.
Yes I will be getting bathing suits in the next week or two!! My son is just starting baseball season so we will be pretty busy the next couple months also so that will def make the time go by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter