June, CSR, GAD, and GLAD about it!

You mentioned in the response back to me you use UG's touring plans. How do you find them? Are they pretty effective/reliable?

Your touring plans look great! We enjoyed Le Cellier on our last trip. It was yummy! :thumbsup2

You mentioned in the response back to me you use UG's touring plans. How do you find them? Are they pretty effective/reliable?

Your touring plans look great! We enjoyed Le Cellier on our last trip. It was yummy! :thumbsup2

We have always used them and liked them. In 2006, we followed it faithfully. My family gave me such a hard time before that trip. They thought I was crazy to have a plan. Then after our first day using the plan, they couldn't stop talking about how great it was.

Since then I use it as a guide, but we are not as strict with it. We are a lot more flexible with our days.

It still helps to have a plan. I give the destination, and DH gets us there. It helps that he doesn't need a map anymore. My girls trust me, and I make sure they get to do all their favorites. (Sometimes several times in one day!:thumbsup2) We totally avoid the standing around deciding what to do. (We kind of giggle a little at the families gathered around a map arguing about what to do next.:rotfl2:)

I always advise any family that is going for the first time to use a plan. Especially if they want to see everything.

Are you thinking about trying it?? I have never used Ridemax or Tour Guide Mike. I can not compare UG touring plans to these plans. Sorry!!

OK, Here's a first.

I read her on the Disboards :cool1: that touringplans.com had changed their predictions for June in a good way. I had checked last week and they were at "8" for when we were there. Now they are 5,6, & 7. I have never been to Disney in June when the prediction was a "5".

Why does this happen?? How reliable is it? Will it change again??

I know these are not important questions, but just curious.

I wonder if they under predicted for May and now they are adjusting. I usually go in June, but went first week of May and there were solid crowds. Not horrible - just solid. Maybe more June people are switching to May. Just a theory!

I wonder if they under predicted for May and now they are adjusting. I usually go in June, but went first week of May and there were solid crowds. Not horrible - just solid. Maybe more June people are switching to May. Just a theory!

That could be it. After the heat wave last year, it was hard to book another trip in June. However, this is the only time we can go, so we decided to hope for the best. Maybe the heat is keeping others away.

Here's hoping it is accurate.

Got some more Mickey mail today. This time it was our plastic luggage tags and vouchers. (That we don't ever use:confused3)

That could be it. After the heat wave last year, it was hard to book another trip in June. However, this is the only time we can go, so we decided to hope for the best. Maybe the heat is keeping others away.

Here's hoping it is accurate.

Got some more Mickey mail today. This time it was our plastic luggage tags and vouchers. (That we don't ever use:confused3)

OMG - Wasn't last June ridiculous. That's when I said I would NEVER go in the summer again. I doubt I will be able to honor that statement, but I DID say it! :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 for Mickey mail!

We have always used them and liked them. In 2006, we followed it faithfully. My family gave me such a hard time before that trip. They thought I was crazy to have a plan. Then after our first day using the plan, they couldn't stop talking about how great it was.

Since then I use it as a guide, but we are not as strict with it. We are a lot more flexible with our days.

It still helps to have a plan. I give the destination, and DH gets us there. It helps that he doesn't need a map anymore. My girls trust me, and I make sure they get to do all their favorites. (Sometimes several times in one day!:thumbsup2) We totally avoid the standing around deciding what to do. (We kind of giggle a little at the families gathered around a map arguing about what to do next.:rotfl2:)

I always advise any family that is going for the first time to use a plan. Especially if they want to see everything.

Are you thinking about trying it?? I have never used Ridemax or Tour Guide Mike. I can not compare UG touring plans to these plans. Sorry!!

Thanks for answering my questions about the TP. I am planning on using one of them as a guideline. Take off what we won't ride, send the thrill seekers ahead to ride their rides so they don't have to wait, etc. I have no desire to be one of those families, especially with as many people in tow with us. :rotfl: DH has another opinion, that DD should dictate where we go. :scared1: I don't think so (only because she is turning 4). :laughing:

I just joined TGM after I got a discount code. It is interesting so far. I have not gotten to the point of looking at their plan versus TP yet but I will be curious to know if there is a difference. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 YAY! Yay, for Mickey Mail!!! You know you're close now! :thumbsup2

OMG - Wasn't last June ridiculous. That's when I said I would NEVER go in the summer again. I doubt I will be able to honor that statement, but I DID say it! :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 for Mickey mail!

I would love to go at a different time of year, but with 2 girls in high school that works on block schedules, I just don't see it for us until later. I am hoping their college schedules are similar, so we could go in Dec, Jan, or May. Here's hoping!!

Thanks for answering my questions about the TP. I am planning on using one of them as a guideline. Take off what we won't ride, send the thrill seekers ahead to ride their rides so they don't have to wait, etc. I have no desire to be one of those families, especially with as many people in tow with us. :rotfl: DH has another opinion, that DD should dictate where we go. :scared1: I don't think so (only because she is turning 4). :laughing:

I just joined TGM after I got a discount code. It is interesting so far. I have not gotten to the point of looking at their plan versus TP yet but I will be curious to know if there is a difference. :thumbsup2

I'll follow your TR to see what the difference is. Maybe I can learn something new.:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 YAY! Yay, for Mickey Mail!!! You know you're close now! :thumbsup2

I can't believe that 3 weeks from today, we will heading to DC for the flight.:cloud9:

Hello all,

I haven't posted in awhile because it is May in a house with 2 teachers and 2 teenagers. We are so busy!!:scared1: Banquets, Award Ceremonies, IEP Meetings, Finals to study for and to grade, Variety show practices, Staff picnic to plan, and Last week activities to prepare for. The girls and I have 8 days of school left. DH has 3. Wait until he sees his "Honey do list" when he is finished a week ahead of us. :lmao:

This weekend I would like to tweak the packing list. My list is still written for when we drive to WDW. I need to cut back for our flights. I'm hoping to get everything into 1 carry-on and 2 checked bags. I'm sure I will. I'm not opposed to doing a couple loads of laundry while we are there. Maybe if I get this done before the grocery shopping trip, I'll buy some of the things we need. I love this part!!:cool1: Then it feels like we are almost there. :banana:

Well, that's it for now.
Have a safe and happy weekend!!:cutie:

I know exactly what you mean about the busyness of May! The good thing is it makes the trip sneak up faster:goodvibes

You have a packing list!! :eek: I just grab whatever is in my closet the night before we leave. LOL...

Only packing list I need is what camera gear I want to take.:rolleyes1

You have a packing list!! :eek: I just grab whatever is in my closet the night before we leave. LOL...

Only packing list I need is what camera gear I want to take.:rolleyes1

Yep, I have to have a list. I even have a list of all of the things that still needs to get done. DH grabs the tiny camera. I'll make sure he doesn't leave it home like someone else we all know. :lmao:

Your trip is coming up so quickly! Hang in there, you will get everything done that is important. :goodvibes:

You're right. Thanks for the support. 16 days!!!

Well, something else checked off the list. :worship:

DH made the hotel reservation for the one night before we fly to FL. We will drive about 2 hours to DC and then fly out the next morning. DH found a "Sleep and Fly" deal. Our car can stay at the hotel, and a shuttle bus will take us to the airport. Then we'll find the shuttle bus when we arrive back in DC after our trip. If we have trouble getting the shuttle on the way home, we can take a cab because the hotel is only 2 miles from the airport.

I am so happy this is done. :banana:

6 more days of school; 15 days until WDW:yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo:

2 more things off the list.

1. Downloaded the Verizon app for the parks. :goodvibes

2. Cut my hair kind of short. About 5 inches shorter. Should be cooler.:cool1:

I can check-in on line any time now. I think I will make it my reward for when school is over.:banana: 3 more days of school with students. 3 days of school without students.

10 Days to go!!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter