Just back from a shopping spree

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Of course couldn't find what I was after at either store.. ;(

I made do with what I found..but will have to order the items on line yet tonight for later use...

I did find some major deals at Mike's.. items for $1.00

Also, found an embellishment section for 99 cents.. They were aborable.. Wedding Dress, Boy & Girl, Beach, Grand Piano (great for the musical pages we have all be talking about)..

Perhaps after DH gets back from his trip, I can take a shopping trip?

I love deals.

Yea, and nicurn said she found acrylic stamps in the 1.00 bin too.. I wish I would have found some!! If you find some call me.. and I'll send you the money for them!!! ;)

I'm going out in a bit to look. I'll let you know if I find anything. On 2 peas one of the girls said that M's will restock the stamps. I hope it's true.

I went out to Mike's again.. We don't have any of those stamps..NOT a one.. :(

If anyone finds any; call me!! ;)

I went out to Mike's again.. We don't have any of those stamps..NOT a one.. :(

If anyone finds any; call me!! ;)

I might be heading north (Ft Wayne) next Saturday. I will check up there as I want some too!

Oh, and I totally understand your shopping frustration. DH and I went shopping today, looking for shorts and dresses for DD. She's now in the 7-14 section and some of the stuff is just:scared1: ! Whatever happened to little girls looking like little girls???? Far too grown up for my tastes! So we are going to head to a Carter's outlet and see what we can find.

Still haven't made it out of the house. Amazing how that happens. Hopefully little bit will be a shopping mood tomorrow.

I might be heading north (Ft Wayne) next Saturday. I will check up there as I want some too!

Oh, and I totally understand your shopping frustration. DH and I went shopping today, looking for shorts and dresses for DD. She's now in the 7-14 section and some of the stuff is just:scared1: ! Whatever happened to little girls looking like little girls???? Far too grown up for my tastes! So we are going to head to a Carter's outlet and see what we can find.

It only gets worse.. DH & I are the same way about our DD.. Even though she is 13.. I don't think she needs to show that much now (or ever for that matter)... We really have to shop for nice things..

Even Wal-mart has things I would never ever buy for my nieces. One, it looks totally tacky and two, my sister would KILL me. :rotfl:

Check Lands End, Talbot for kids and LL Bean - they often have sales that make it more affordable, the clothing lasts forever and most of it is in very good taste (okay except for some of the polka dotted stuff).

It only gets worse.. DH & I are the same way about our DD.. Even though she is 13.. I don't think she needs to show that much now (or ever for that matter)... We really have to shop for nice things..

I really didn't want to hear that (even though I know it's true)! We looked at some shorts today that were just a tad too short- I don't think it was even an inch from the crotch to the bottom of the "leg"! There's no way in heck I would allow her to wear something like that! :eek: :sad2:

AWM- thanks, I will check those places. I recently purchased her a nice pair of shorts on clearance at Gap Kids. I didn't even realize they were uniform shorts until I got home and looked at the reciept. Couldn't tell by just looking at them- I just thought they were a nice pair of twill shorts.:confused3

Kohls usually has some fairly decent stuff too.

Did you know bermuda shorts were are in this year? My thighs thank thee!!!:rotfl2:

Kohls usually has some fairly decent stuff too.

Did you know bermuda shorts were are in this year? My thighs thank thee!!!:rotfl2:

I agree but this WAS at Kohls. They did some other jean type shorts there, but they were made out of the kind of material that looks really worn/faded. DH says if he wanted something that looked used, he would buy it used.:confused3

Most of my daughter's wardrobe comes from JC Penny's. They have the plaid long shorts and they are so cute! They have great Easter dresses right now for 40% off. I got her 3 new sundresses and it was hard to limit myself as the styles were really sweet!:goodvibes

I had DD try on her shorts last night.. Well, we will be going shopping... I told her they could NOT be worn out of the house!! I know it's just because she has grown this year. So, JCP will be a stop on our shopping expedition this weekend.

Old Navy usually has some nice things too.. (I hit their sale racks).

This week we are.. It was 80 yesterday and suppose to be in the upper 70's all this week.. but rumor has it.. that next week which is spring break for us.. it's suppose to be in the 50's and 60's. :(

It's been just beautiful up here w/ the temps the past few days!

The kids can't wear shorts to school until we return from Spring Break. However, I have seen several kids do it..but the day I send mine in shorts, I'd get the phone call!

It was 76 when I got home from shopping this morning. I left the DIS up all morning. Oops.

Anyway, PN96, sending you a PM. Forgot my cell phone, but I bought what they had, which wasn't much.

No kids for me yet but I know your pain. My little sister is only 12 but she's already 5'4" tall. All of her clothes have to come from juniors and they are completely not appropriate for her age. My mom said luckily so far this year she's loving the bermudas so thats what they've been buying. She wears a uniform to school but has declared uniform shorts uncool so she wears capris.

It was in the upper 80s here this weekend, 70s today and then back into the 80s. I can see why all the kids are wanting to wear shorts already.

AWM, PM'd you back!!! :)

Jenny.. I so know what you mean!!! Some of these clothes today, I wouldn't even wear...

Any one get the Newport News catalog? I hadn't seen one in a LONG time and just got one in the mail. Dolman sleeves? Angel wing sleeves? Tight banded waists? WOW, the 80's are coming back. Sure do wish they made them this nice back when I could wear them. But for some reason, I don't think I could pull this look off anymore. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter