Just for fun - What rules have you broken?

I accidently took home a towel animal from OKW on my last trip. It must have been sitting on the table under some other stuff and I was packing in a hurry.

Took a cooler full of beer and frozen Strawberry Margaritas on an Illuminations Cruise. Spilled some of the Margaritas and made a mess but the driver was cool about it because this was my second crusie with her and she knew I tipped well.

Just about every pen in the house has the word "Disney" on it. :rolleyes1

I don't remember the last time that I actually had to buy soap. We take that from every hotel we stay in, though - not just at WDW... :guilty:

So much for being fine, up-standing citizens! pirate:

Karen

This is a very entertaining thread. I think it says a lot about the caliber of the people on this board when the "bad" things we've done really aren't all that bad for the most part. The two things that really jumped out at me as being wrong are the writing on the cabinet and bringing glass bottles to the pool area. (It's way too easy for a bottle to break and for someone to cut his or her foot on the broken glass.)

Actually, although some of the things people have been mentioning might technically be breaking rules, I don't consider them wrong. I think going in a pool after hours is only wrong if the pool is very close to rooms and the swimmers make a lot of noise. If that's not the case, who cares? I think it's especially forgiveable if we do this at a place we supposedly own. If it's sort of, kind of our pool, why wouldn't we go in it whenever we want (again, as long as we're not disturbing others)?

I think proper application of courtesy and common sense does more to make things pleasant for all than 50 pages of rules do.

Guilty of the following but seems like most all of us are.
Pool towels ( usually only when in a studo )
Salt, pepper, coffee creamer, ketchup, mustard, and Splenda
from counter service food stands

Swimming after hours if they really did not want us to swim they would remove the towels ( since most are probably taken under the cover of darkness), and they would probably shut down the electric the the hot tubs.
Adult beverages in the hot tub after hours.
Not showering prior to entering pool and hot tub also after hours.
Taking the box of klenex for the trip home the different climates make my nose run.
Not DVC but I got my sister to smuggle the silverware basket from 50's prime time at MGM in her backpack. In her defense I told her i wanted it and asked the server if i could have it and he said if you think you can get it out try it. Well I did and I hope you liked the big tip!

I'm just curious how many people take the soaps and shampoos, etc on every trip, then NEVER use them! I'm guilty of that... I have a bag of soaps, lotions, and shampoos from various hotels.

I do however, pack some of those items to take with me on other trips, but I usually don't end up using them their either.

Oh, and I guess I would also be guilty of not telling relatives that I was coming because I don't want them to "intrude" on my vacation!

BTW: I've never stayed at a DVC (YET), but I'm getting a good list of "things to do" while I'm there! :rotfl2: Keep 'em coming!

Homeless shelters in Cincinnati use the individual soap and shampoos, and we have a collection spot at work, so the ones we take get used. DVC doesn't provide extra soap, but once in a while I do have a few Mickey soaps/shampoos to add to the collection.

Bobbi :sunny:

Okay, I take the pool towels to the room too.
Take the pens home. And the Sponge, I would expect there are health dept. regulations that require them to throw these away after each guest so why not get some good use out of them. Take home the leftover/extra soaps & shampoos. We use them up at home. We are paying for this stuff with our dues anyway.
And I take napkins & plastic utensils from CS resturaunts because the studios are only supplied with disposables & I haven't been able to figure out just how to wash those paper plates & bowls without them all falling apart. I'd really rather not need to call maintenance for a plumbing problem.

pirateparrot said:
I accidently took home a towel animal from OKW on my last trip.
We always look after our animals and take them home .
We are opening an animal museum

I've also brought the pool towels back to the room.

I helped some 'associates' relocate an ex-teamster boss to the concrete beneath the Clown Slide. But I'm not sure, if that's specifically mentioned in the rules. We did do it while the pool was closed if that makes a difference.

I would never take a pool towel back to the room. I don't know how people here were raised! I do have about 50 Walt Disney World pens here. I don't know how they got here. I think my wife breeds them or something.

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
I helped some 'associates' relocate an ex-teamster boss to the concrete beneath the Clown Slide. But I'm not sure, if that's specifically mentioned in the rules. We did do it while the pool was closed if that makes a difference.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

gppnj said:
bringing glass bottles to the pool area. (It's way too easy for a bottle to break and for someone to cut his or her foot on the broken glass.)

Well, IF I broke a bottle I would clean it up--and I don't exactly throw them around or leave them lying about ;) ! The beer DH drinks doesn't come in plastic or cans. :rotfl:

I thought those pens were to keep! I figured it was like the crayons they give kids in restaurants.. They get all germy so if you don't take them, they throw them out anyhow... NO?

I was really bad two weeks ago. We stayed at PO-FQ for 5 nights before staying at Beach Club Villas. PRIOR to staying on points, I pool hopped to OKW. We were free that afternoon so we "jumped the gun" a bit. Then I added insult to injury and did a load of wash. :guilty:

Okay, I confess...my husband says this was "wrong" but I didn't think so at the time...we were at Vero Beach (on cash, before we joined) for our 25th wedding anniversary. Our travel agent arranged for a tray of chocolate-dipped strawberries, etc., to be waiting in our room as an anniversary gift and when we left I packed the "Mickey" shaped mirrored tray that it was delivered on (it was just plastic, not glass or anything) and took it home. I thought it was included as part of the gift and therefore was ours to do with as we chose, but he didn't think so. Any other opinions? Anyway, I guess we are also probably guilty of the pool towel thing; if we take extra ones up to the room, I just leave them in the room figuring they have to be washed anyway, right? Oh well, guess next trip we'll have to change our evil ways! :earboy2:

Well, here goes ... actually, it is not just a DVC rule but a life rule ... almost considered sinking to the level of a Red Sox fan and mock them for all their gloating (knowing full well it would take a century for them to come close to the winning record the Yankees have). Besides, everyone knows that Red Sox fans hate the Yankees more than they like the Red Sox. :earboy2:
Oh, and uh, I swam after hours and took towels back to the room ... :rolleyes1

Dave :earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: pirate:

You know, at first as I read this I thought "we're boring - haven't done anything!" but as I kept going, my memory cleared...

1. I accidentally (swear on it!!) stuffed an OKW bath towel in a box with all my laundry and shipped it home (so...technically...since the front desk shipped this for me, was it their fault...? :p ).

2. I think I collect the green and white pens...

3. One night at VWL, we didn't get charged the 24 internet charge...and didn't mention it when we checked out.

4. Back in the days before our AP's, we had hoppers...one time at MK, the machines were down so they stamped the date on our tickets and let us in. DH put his in his pocket, and when he pulled it out later the ink was smudge. Wiped off completely when I "accidentally" applied pressure from my saliva covered thumb. We checked later to see how many days we had left and...well...the day hadn't come off. We haven't used the tickets yet, so I guess we have a "planned rule breaking" when my dad comes down and we give him hoppers to use that have 2 days left on each instead of 1 each. (Oh...and are they supposed to be non transferable? That's TWO rules...)

5. I always take too many napkins. When we get home, DS's bag is always full of them. You never know when you'll need one, right?

We have never committed the mortal sin of refillable mug re use though...of course, we haven't spent a second trip anywhere where we've already had them though. We will in November/December....hmmmm...........

WEDway2002 said:
Well, here goes ... actually, it is not just a DVC rule but a life rule ... almost considered sinking to the level of a Red Sox fan and mock them for all their gloating. Knowing full well it would take a century for them to come close to the winning record the Yankees have. Besides, everyone knows that Red Sox fans hate the Yankees more than they like the Red Sox. :earboy2:

Yeah, how are those Yankees doing right now? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
You're only as good as your last championship, you can only cling to history for so long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter