Just got a call from IC!!

WE have a CAT 6 2A...2C ages 14 and 12....7/20...$7,886.60...we are on the same cruise:cool1:

[QUOTE="Got Disney";16745544]WE have a CAT 6 2A...2C ages 14 and 12....7/20...$7,886.60...we are on the same cruise:cool1:[/QUOTE]

Us too...July 20, 2008...We're slumming in Cat. 9.

Is Soccer Cheri on this one too??

:banana: :banana:

you may be slumming but that CAT makes you a better shopper than me :rotfl2:

and about Soccercheri...not sure...??????

Finally got the call, not sure if it was due to the nastygram I sent them earlier or not.

Cat 2 on the Westbound, got to talk to the principal for an independent study....

I booked a cat 4 for 6/22/08 just to make sure we got something, not sure what we'll do.

If I have to cancel, you will all be the first to know.

what company does ic stand for?

Inventory Controll...is part of DCL guest services and you send a fax in with a request ages before to get the starting rate and room you want...you dont really need to send it in ages before but sure seems that way when your waiting for a trip,,,better to send in 1 or so years before ,,,can send as late as 3 months before but if they are filled than they stop taking requests,..

Man I am soooo tiered...lol:rotfl2: :surfweb:

Welll guys, it's been fun, but it looks like we won't be sailing on the Magic in the Mexican Riviera.

After all was said and done, the best we could get was cat. 3, and not the midship ones, but the much smaller ones. So, after much ado, we've opted out. We've been on the waitlist for almost a year for any of 5 different cruises, and couldn't get so much as one cat. 2, much less two of them, or a cat. 1.

So it's on to Plan 'B', which is back-to-back Wonder cruises in the Caribbean for July of '08.

We've taken 9 previous concierge level cruises with DCL, spent well over $100K in the process, then spent a year waiting for a booking for '08, and were uncerimoniously passed over. So needless to say, we're pretty disappointed. (Yet it looks like we're still gonna be shelling out almost $30K more to DCL for these Wonder cruises, so I guess they have the last laugh huh?)

Congrats to everyone who got the suites they wanted. Wish we were sailing with you! Oh well... we'll say hi to Castaway Cay for ya! ;)

Welll guys, it's been fun, but it looks like we won't be sailing on the Magic in the Mexican Riviera.

After all was said and done, the best we could get was cat. 3, and not the midship ones, but the much smaller ones. So, after much ado, we've opted out. We've been on the waitlist for almost a year for any of 5 different cruises, and couldn't get so much as one cat. 2, much less two of them, or a cat. 1.

So it's on to Plan 'B', which is back-to-back Wonder cruises in the Caribbean for July of '08.

We've taken 9 previous concierge level cruises with DCL, spent well over $100K in the process, then spent a year waiting for a booking for '08, and were uncerimoniously passed over. So needless to say, we're pretty disappointed. (Yet it looks like we're still gonna be shelling out almost $30K more to DCL for these Wonder cruises, so I guess they have the last laugh huh?)

Congrats to everyone who got the suites they wanted. Wish we were sailing with you! Oh well... we'll say hi to Castaway Cay for ya! ;)

I think people should start a WANTED thread. There are so many duplicate bookings with the IC problems...Someone here is bound to cancel a Cat 1 or 2...maybe..Have them PM you and you could take over the booking...Just an idea and trying to help..:cheer2: :cheer2:

pj said:
BeanoC, just think only $10,000 per visit to Castaway Cay.

Yeah, not bad huh? :lmao: :lmao:

Don't rub it in! (Although 3 days at CC ain't all bad!)

Yeah, I'm surprised. I've watched the regular veteran posters like you, get their suites. I'm very surprised you didn't get one Bean0. Did you try to book yourself? Online? I'd be upset too. I understand why you would give up the other Cat 3s. ;) :hug:

Well, you do get Castaway Cay. :wizard: :thumbsup2

alas, this isn't the one that we were slotted for (too bad, we throw a heck of a party :rolleyes1 ). I tried calling twice for suites. At least the CM's were nice and didn't laugh when I said what I wanted.

Short story of Soccermom's morning: WAKE UP! the clock says it's 10 after! Let's check the 'puter to see who's on hold... hmm, no one on line. That's strange. Just for kicks let's try calling. (10 min to find the number 'cuz it's dark and there's no coffee). "Welcome to Disney Cruise Lines ..... (push 1) (push 3)... Our office hours are 8:00am to ..." BUT IT's ALREADY 20 AFTER... OMG! it's 20 after 3 not 5!:headache:

Back to bed. It's 6:30! No email from TA so let's get on the phones. "Your approx wait time is 80 minutes." Doable. Shower, blah, blah, blah. Get on cell phone, wait time there is 65 minutes (?) Cradle house phone in crook of my neck to pack DD's backpack. CLICK! I HUNG UP THE PHONE!!!

But that's ok 'cuz I have my trusty cell phone! So, let's go to school! I'm on hold now for 57 minutes when ... nothing ... nothing... THE CALL DROPPED! I want to throw up. Finally an email from TA and it's not even a cabin that DH will go for.

So, I'm thinkin', Somebody up there is tellin' me that maybe I shouldn't be goin' to Mexico. Ya' think?

:scared:
alas, this isn't the one that we were slotted for (too bad, we throw a heck of a party :rolleyes1 ). I tried calling twice for suites. At least the CM's were nice and didn't laugh when I said what I wanted.

Short story of Soccermom's morning: WAKE UP! the clock says it's 10 after! Let's check the 'puter to see who's on hold... hmm, no one on line. That's strange. Just for kicks let's try calling. (10 min to find the number 'cuz it's dark and there's no coffee). "Welcome to Disney Cruise Lines ..... (push 1) (push 3)... Our office hours are 8:00am to ..." BUT IT's ALREADY 20 AFTER... OMG! it's 20 after 3 not 5!:headache:

Back to bed. It's 6:30! No email from TA so let's get on the phones. "Your approx wait time is 80 minutes." Doable. Shower, blah, blah, blah. Get on cell phone, wait time there is 65 minutes (?) Cradle house phone in crook of my neck to pack DD's backpack. CLICK! I HUNG UP THE PHONE!!!

But that's ok 'cuz I have my trusty cell phone! So, let's go to school! I'm on hold now for 57 minutes when ... nothing ... nothing... THE CALL DROPPED! I want to throw up. Finally an email from TA and it's not even a cabin that DH will go for.

So, I'm thinkin', Somebody up there is tellin' me that maybe I shouldn't be goin' to Mexico. Ya' think?

Ohhh:scared1: :scared1:
I keep saying post a WANTED thread but no one has done it...There are sooo many duplicate bookings there might be a Cat 1-3 out there that someone has to cancel!!!...:scared: :scared:

I just cancelled my dup. booking w/ DU.

Yeah, I'm surprised. I've watched the regular veteran posters like you, get their suites. I'm very surprised you didn't get one Bean0. Did you try to book yourself? Online? I'd be upset too. I understand why you would give up the other Cat 3s. ;) :hug:

Well, you do get Castaway Cay. :wizard: :thumbsup2

You can't book cat 1 -3 online.

I'm really surprised at how poorly IC appears to have been handled.

Honestly I think they were flooded with far more requests than they could handle and in an attempt to keep up the "no one will be able to book prior to 1/31 to keep it fair for everyone" charade... they really screwed things up big time and upset some of their best customers.

IMO IC requests should be reserved for cat 1 -3 and accessible staterooms only and I see nothing wrong with those bookings being firmed up before general booking opens.

Then those of us booking cat 4-12 should all have to battle it out on an even playing field on the official release date.

In the spirit of full disclosure: I wanted a specific cabin as well and found out that it was never available for booking today because it was pulled for someone who had faxed in an IC request. They got it at tier 1 pricing and I never even had a chance.
And to top it off they didn't know they had it until mid afternoon so they booken another cabin as well... thus driving up the price for everyone.

I'm not blaming that person btw, I totally understand that it was incredibly frustrating for them as well. It's DCL policy (or lack thereof) that I'm upset about.

cats mom said:
they really screwed things up big time and upset some of their best customers.

From your lips to McAlpin's ears!! :rotfl:

I'd like to think that we, along with SoccermomCheri's family, are some of DCL's best customers. As I stated before, we've been on numerous concierge level cruises with them, and spent a ton of $$ doing so. And on the Mexico cruises, we got... ZILCH!

We've already booked an acceptable alternative (back-to-back east coast Wonder cruises), but I still feel like we got hosed, so I wanted to vent some more.

I think we were unfairly overlooked for the Mexican Riviera bookings, but we still maintained a loyalty to DCL and booked not one, but two Wonder cruises for that same timeframe. Heck, DCL oughta at least pick up our airfare, what with us living in California (where the Magic will be), but still travelling all the way to Florida to cruise with the Mouse...

Ok so that's not gonna happen.

Maybe one of the Disney CM's who works closely enough to Tom McAlpin will read this thread and forward the link to him. We've spent enough dough on your cruiseline to feed a third world country for 2 years, Tom! Throw us a bone, here...

:goodvibes

Or I guess I could forward it to him myself since I have his email address. :rolleyes1

I'd like to think that we, along with SoccermomCheri's family, are some of DCL's best customers. As I stated before, we've been on numerous concierge level cruises with them, and spent a ton of $$ doing so. And on the Mexico cruises, we got... ZILCH!

We've already booked an acceptable alternative (back-to-back east coast Wonder cruises), but I still feel like we got hosed, so I wanted to vent some more.

I think we were unfairly overlooked for the Mexican Riviera bookings, but we still maintained a loyalty to DCL and booked not one, but two Wonder cruises for that same timeframe. Heck, DCL oughta at least pick up our airfare, what with us living in California (where the Magic will be), but still travelling all the way to Florida to cruise with the Mouse...

Maybe one of the Disney CM's who works closely enough to Tom McAlpin will read this thread and forward the link to him. We've spent enough dough on your cruiseline to feed a third world country for 2 years, Tom! Throw us a bone, here...

Or I guess I could forward it to him myself since I have his email address. :rolleyes1

But, see, that's the problem ... you're loyal! ;) DCL **knew** you'd book again with them. It's all the same money to them, despite your lowered level of satisfaction with the alternative you booked.

I didn't have anything faxed into IC, but I have been following this thread with interest to guage what the prices would be for a suite for the WB cruise. I got caught up and anxious for those who were waiting. Can't imagine what my BP would've been if it were me waiting on a Cat 3 for the WB repo with no request into IC before hand!

I am genuinely disappointed on your behalf. Sounds like IC really dropped the ball on this one. :confused3

Sorry to hear this!

Well at least you didn't spend 4+ hours on hold only to find out they you weren't really on hold! You were in Call Waiting Limbo due to a glitch in their system! So when I actually should have had Tier 1 pricing, and the Super Val denied any such existance!, I recieved an inflated price!

To say the least DCL has really dropped the ball and have not learned from past mistakes!

Our Med cruise may be our last DC!

I am going to wait to here from IC when they have time to check out timelines etc................

Yes, I'm bitter! Very Dissalutioned! DCL used to stand for integrety!

I don't think so!

j

They Know There is Another SUCKER waiting to take your Booking!

j

This whole thing was such a mess for people, but maybe DCL doesn't care because they are filling the ships. Will everyone hear email them their complaints?

We have not been contacted back with a price from our TA for the Cat1 on June 22, but we did tell the TA to pass on the Cat 2 for June 15th, so there might still be some suites out there. I would not give up hope until the frenzy has died down, and deposits are taken.

Has anyone spoken to a real supervisor at inventory control? DCL should be ashamed for the stress they have caused their loyal customers with this. A major corporation should be able to do something to make this work better for everyone. It is hard to tell how the suites were given out. We had our TA fax well over a year ago asking for a Cat 1 for either of the last 2 weeks in June. We were offered a cat 1 and a cat 2. We also are loyal concierge customers. My cruises are my only vice. It's hard to tell if they used any method to give out the suites. People who faxed first, TA preference, throwing the papers in the air?

I know how disappointed I would have been if we did not get what we wanted, so I'm sorry for those who were passed over by the powers at IC.

Maybe the suites people refused have not been reissued yet. We are transferring our deposit from our Med to this cruise, so someone will get our midship cat 3--we decided against the Med for several reasons.

I am glad I used a TA because I coud not have given up a whole day,plus all that stress would have killed me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter