Just got a call from IC!!

My TA told me that they are going to stop excepting advanced requests, unless they include a deposit!:crazy2:

Here is a thought. Since the consensus is they may want a deposit for accepting advance reservations, is the deposit $250 PP for cat 4-11 and then will it be NON REFUNDABLE $500 PP cat. 1-3?

Not sure that I would want to tie up another $3,500 (family of 7 cat 1.) for three years for a non existent ship.

Just my thoughts...

pixiedust:

I'm sorry....but I just have to say this. I think your expectations were unreasonable. There are a LOT of us who don't advertise that we have always booked suites....and/or multiple suites and staterooms. I know you said that you and Cheri were among some of their best customers, but you really have no way of knowing how many people there are who are repeat customers, and have booked and paid for their families (upwards of 20 people in one family!) in suites...multiple times. In other words, I know of people who have handed over a lot more than your estimated $100,000 to DCL over the years.....myself being one of them, although I don't place it in my sig, and I don't announce it.
My family wanted to do the Mexican Riviera, and I wanted to go with friends on the Repo. I didn't insist that DCL give me the Cat 1 again....for one thing, I've been there/done that, and to me, it just isn't that big a deal....but I also knew that there would be a lot of people vying for it, and since we live close to California, and would be saving on airfare and this was something that we really wanted to do....I was willing to take a Cat 3, connecting Cat 4's, 5's, whatever.....even two lower categories somewhat close to eachother. Especially for the Repo cruise, because I didn't go last time, and it's something I'd prefer to do with Disney.

Not taking a Mexico cruise simply because you didn't get the room you felt entitled to seems somewhat like "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

Okay fans...flame away. :duck: :duck: :duck:

Yes you are entitled to your own opinion, but you were just not very nice about it. That's just my 2 cents.

Here is a thought. Since the consensus is they may want a deposit for accepting advance reservations, is the deposit $250 PP for cat 4-11 and then will it be NON REFUNDABLE $500 PP cat. 1-3?

Not sure that I would want to tie up another $3,500 (family of 7 cat 1.) for three years for a non existent ship.

Just my thoughts...

pixiedust:
How could they make it Non Refundable if they can't guarantee that stateroom category? :confused3

Is IC only for cats 1-3? I want to book a room on the "new" ship Inaugural! (if they're building a new ship) ;)
Also...got disney..I am a dvc'er too, and am disappointed that they don't have the points as they did for the med. BUT...I am on the fence for mexico. I just booked the westbound repo...cash cause I want to do that the most. BUT...not sure about another...so I did have DVC hold one for me. Just in case the points come out and they are reasonable. Then we're crusing twice!
:cool1:
steph

Do you really think a new ship is coming 2010? ANyone?
Is it being built to cruise to Alaska?
I know this is just speculation...Anyone have any inside info?pixiedust:

Just my thoughts...

pixiedust:

It is $500 pp for suites but it is refundable if they call you and the room available isn't what you want. I guess tying up the deposit is a way for them to be sure I was really serious.

Do you really think a new ship is coming 2010? ANyone?
Is it being built to cruise to Alaska?
I know this is just speculation...Anyone have any inside info?pixiedust:

An officer spoke with us about the new ships and told us that they were in the planning process because although there were prior plans for ships they are now antiquated and needed to be redone. He said the planning alone and getting a spot where it could be built would take 5 years so that means the ships wouldn't be built until after 2010. He did say the ship would be bigger with more suites. Now how much of this is true, I can't tell you but that is what I was told.

An officer spoke with us about the new ships and told us that they were in the planning process because although there were prior plans for ships they are now antiquated and needed to be redone. He said the planning alone and getting a spot where it could be built would take 5 years so that means the ships wouldn't be built until after 2010. He did say the ship would be bigger with more suites. Now how much of this is true, I can't tell you but that is what I was told.

I could see that happening. That, and the Panama Canal is going to be widened. I'm sure DCL would want to take advantage of that.

Gosh, I hope IC doesn't want a deposit for everyone in the family when you fax in a request. I would think just one $500 deposit would do it.

Here's something funny! IC just called me to tell me about my reservation. I told him that I already knew because I called in yesterday. That's when he noticed that I paid an additional deposit yesterday. Oh well, at least they called.

When did they start the deposit for advance requests for suites? I don't know if they get many people who refuse the res when offered and this is to stop those not really interested, but that is a lot of money to have tied up, especially if you have 2 requests out there at a time.

Okay, my TA emailed me and said yes, IC did call her yesterday. But my TA already knew we were interested in the Wonder so kind of a moot point.

To be honest, I didn't even ask my TA if we could have booked a suite on the EB repo even though our fax request asked for cruises in the middle to late August.

Because you know murphy's law would have applied and I might have been able to book a suite on the repo cruise.

So it does look like IC is making the calls. I think my fax was placed back in June - somewhere around that time frame.

When did they start the deposit for advance requests for suites? I don't know if they get many people who refuse the res when offered and this is to stop those not really interested, but that is a lot of money to have tied up, especially if you have 2 requests out there at a time.
I wonder what they are doing with the requests they already have. I've faxed for the new ship, 2009 and 2010. Think DCL round-filed them?

we had a request in for 2009, but not 2010 yet--maybe I better get one in before they want my money!!!

If they start calling previous requests for a deposit the way they are making these calls, I guess I'm safe.

From your lips to McAlpin's ears!! :rotfl:

Or I guess I could forward it to him myself since I have his email address. :rolleyes1

Don't be upset if he doesn't return your emails. After several email attempts, I finally sent him a letter snail mail - and one of his staff answered it a few months later. Of course I have no idea if he ever saw the emails, or the letter (ie the staff intercepted it) I wrote. :sad2:

Yes you are entitled to your own opinion, but you were just not very nice about it. That's just my 2 cents.

I'm just curious what was said in the post you quoted as not being nice? She stated that just because a person spends a lot of money somewhere does not entitle them to something just because they think they can have it.

As Disney has always stated: when you send in a request it is just that A REQUEST, there are no guarantees.

Not everyone gets what they want or think they are entitled to and that's just the way the world works.

I wonder what they are doing with the requests they already have. I've faxed for the new ship, 2009 and 2010. Think DCL round-filed them?

My TA had stated that those requests with deposits will get priority over those without!:sad2:

This was weird. I had just emailed DCL saying I was disappointed how it was handled this year and I get a call from our friends who we try to cruise with and they got a call and we are both booked on the Aug. 3. We have the two Cat. 2 rooms which was fairly close to what we asked for...I still haven't gotten a call. We have until Saturday to decide and make a deposit.

My TA had stated that those requests with deposits will get priority over those without!:sad2:
so, just how many years out (with deposits) have you gone, Captain Slacker?* I was just wondering if I needed to back up my 3 faxes or if they'd be "grandfathered" in. Want to call your TA and check it out?:bitelip:

One more thing. Can we remember that we are all on the same team? I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that our requests would be handled in the order received. Clearly, that was not the case. That's not fair and understandably ruffled more than a few feathers. I place the blame squarely in IC's lap and hope that sometime soon someone will be able to compel an explanation from them. I think we all deserve that. (however, I won't be sitting here holding my breath)

*that's his nickname, folks

One more thing. Can we remember that we are all on the same team? I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that our requests would be handled in the order received. Clearly, that was not the case. That's not fair and understandably ruffled more than a few feathers. I place the blame squarely in IC's lap and hope that sometime soon someone will be able to compel an explanation from them. I think we all deserve that. (however, I won't be sitting here holding my breath)

I agree 100% that it is reasonable to expect your request would be handled in the order received. HOWEVER, not everyone who had a fax in to IC belongs to the DIS boards. So it is quite possible that someone (or even two or three) faxed a request before any of you sent yours and you would have no idea because they don't post on these boards. Wouldn't they have as much right as you to be contacted and asked if they are still interested in whatever they had asked for? And if they said yes and took those suites and there were enough of "those people" that don't post here, you would never receive a call because there were no rooms available for you. JMHO

I agree 100% that it is reasonable to expect your request would be handled in the order received. HOWEVER, not everyone who had a fax in to IC belongs to the DIS boards. So it is quite possible that someone (or even two or three) faxed a request before any of you sent yours and you would have no idea because they don't post on these boards. Wouldn't they have as much right as you to be contacted and asked if they are still interested in whatever they had asked for? And if they said yes and took those suites and there were enough of "those people" that don't post here, you would never receive a call because there were no rooms available for you. JMHO
You are absolutely correct, however there were people posting who secured suites who freely said when they faxed - months after many of us. I have no doubt that there were a lot of people who were way ahead of us on the mysterious list - and they should , by rights, go first.

You are absolutely correct, however there were people posting who secured suites who freely said when they faxed - months after many of us. I have no doubt that there were a lot of people who were way ahead of us on the mysterious list - and they should , by rights, go first.
But, even if they faxed after - if they had different dates or different request specific's it may have made a difference. I mean, is there really evidence that the exact request specific's (date and category) was given to someone with a later fax? :confused3 They can only process in faxed order within the request's specfic information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter