just got a Keurig...we were recently dubbed the Keurig Krew......

My father & his super frugal lady friend get two cups of coffee from one k-cup, but I'm firmly on the one cup per k bandwagon myself. It's still way less expensive than buying a cup of coffee anywhere, so I'm ok with it.

There are a couple of filters on the market that allow you to make your own k-cups, using other coffees, which might be a savings. Look for EkoBrew or Solofill cups. I think BB&B carries both.

Have tried the EkoBrew and Solofill cups, and they do work better than the reusable K-cup that Keurig sells, but the very best option that we have come upon, and the one we use exclusively now (for over a year) is the EZ-Cup (www.perfectpodmaker.com). This is a plastic "k-cup" that takes a disposable filter. The perfect answer to reducing costs, and countering the arguments of those that dislike the K-cups because of the plastic cups not being able to be recycled. The EZ-Cups and replacement filters are available from the company, as well as Meijer stores here in the Midwest. Many online companies also stock them, including coffeeam.com. The disposable filters are about a dime each, and you can use any brand of coffee that you desire, including fresh ground from beans right before you brew it. Works great for us. (and we keep a supply of these with our Keurig mini in our Owner's Locker)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter