just got a Keurig...we were recently dubbed the Keurig Krew......

Thanks Vicki, but the website (keurig) says is isn't compatible with the mini plus. It looks like the dimensions would fit though. Any one have a mini plus they use with the carrier?

That's weird - I just went to their website and only see the mini Plus - it looks exactly like ours which is just a mini, as far as I know. Everything else looks the same - same cup sizes, colors, etc. I can't figure out what the difference would be. In fact, I see listing online for the "plus" that are 2+ years old from what I can tell and we have only had ours for about a year.

I don't know - I can't find a "non-plus" version online anywhere to verify. That is definitely weird.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003N46COS/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i00

I looked up my order on Amazon and this is what we bought - it does not say "plus" in the title. But further down the page, it is referred to as the plus. And the model # is the same B31. In any case, what I have does definitely fit just fine in the carrying case they sell, along with some boxes of K-Cups.

I think you misunderstood me. The Keurig website says that the carrier isn't compatible with the mini plus. I don't think they sell the mini (without the plus) anymore. If yours fits fine they I'll go ahead and order one. Thanks a lot for your help. :thanks:

I think you misunderstood me. The Keurig website says that the carrier isn't compatible with the mini plus. I don't think they sell the mini (without the plus) anymore. If yours fits fine they I'll go ahead and order one. Thanks a lot for your help. :thanks:

LOL - no, I understood! I was just (longwindedly) trying to say that mine looks just like the "plus" from everything I can see and it fits. I don't want to steer you wrong - maybe make sure you can return it if it doesn't fit yours for some reason!

My husband bought us a Cuisinart art Keurig cup machine. It's pretty much the same but supposedly lasts longer and is more durable than the name brand machine. I don't drink coffee much if at all unless it's decaf since coffee makes me jittery. I can have the donut house though once in awhile since it's a lite roast but I prefer tea and not really a fan of the tea k-cups since I love my Teavana loose leaf teas.

It's awesome when you want a small single cup of coffee or even quick hot water. Unfortunately using it for hot water after continuous use makes your tea taste like coffee so I went back to the microwave/tea kettle for my water on days I don't want coffee flavored water for my tea.

I have yet to find decaf at the grocery store or I would drink more coffee. I love the taste of columbian and flavored stuff but I feel jittery and anxious after I drink it so I have to avoid it.

Hi Everyone-

Our Keurig brewer kept flashing "prime" after brewing. It could be fixed by taking out the water holder thingie and then sticking it back in, but what a pain. I called Keurig and they are sending us a brand new brewer!

It was such a pleasure to call customer service, get through right away, and then get prompt and satisfactory results!

Have a great day!

is this a whole new Keurig system? Are the old pods compatible with the this new machine?

is this a whole new Keurig system? Are the old pods compatible with the this new machine?

Yes it is. And the previous k cups don't fit it. I read that the k cup patent expires this year. Coincidence, I'm sure. LOL.

I'm a part of the club! My father bought me a Keurig as a surprise. I don't typically drink coffee, but bought the chai latte and love it!

EDIT TO ADD: Quick question, my mother says she turns hers off using the power button when they are not using it. Is that what you are supposed to do or just let the auto-off feature do its thing?

I'm a part of the club! My father bought me a Keurig as a surprise. I don't typically drink coffee, but bought the chai latte and love it!

EDIT TO ADD: Quick question, my mother says she turns hers off using the power button when they are not using it. Is that what you are supposed to do or just let the auto-off feature do its thing?

Nikki - I keep mine on 24/7. I use it twice a day and by keeping it on, there is always hot water in the reservoir. Morgan likes regular Chai tea so I got a "My K-cup" and put a regular Chai tea bag in it, let the hot water go through it (instead of coffee) and voilà! Hot chai tea for MUCH less than the cost of a K-cup :surfweb:

We normally let the auto on/off feature do its thing. But if we know we are going to be done with it sooner (i.e. going out for the rest of the day) we turn it off manually. We also turn it off totally when we go away.

Ok, I picked up the Mr. coffee kuerig machine at target today. I am a noob with this, so I need to ask... How many cups of coffee can you get out of a k-cup? How will I know when to switch?

Ok, I picked up the Mr. coffee kuerig machine at target today. I am a noob with this, so I need to ask... How many cups of coffee can you get out of a k-cup? How will I know when to switch?

One cup per K.

Well, darn. That's going to be some expensive coffee. Any where special to get a good deal on coffee?

Well, darn. That's going to be some expensive coffee. Any where special to get a good deal on coffee?

We get ours at several places:
Bed, Bath and Beyond has a large selection and you can easily find 20% off coupons for them.
Walmart has recently started carrying a lot of varieties - some better than others - at pretty good prices.
BJ's Wholesale Club for bulk (80 cup) purchases.

Our goal is $0.50 per cup.

How many cups of coffee can you get out of a k-cup?

My father & his super frugal lady friend get two cups of coffee from one k-cup, but I'm firmly on the one cup per k bandwagon myself. It's still way less expensive than buying a cup of coffee anywhere, so I'm ok with it.

There are a couple of filters on the market that allow you to make your own k-cups, using other coffees, which might be a savings. Look for EkoBrew or Solofill cups. I think BB&B carries both.

You can also get fairly good deals at The Christmas Tree Shoppes. I second Bed, Bath, & Beyond as well. My parents tend to get theirs at Costco.

I am allergic to coffee so I only can drink the tea options, which aren't many. I typically buy the Chai latte cups and get them at Target because not many places carry them.

Another option for K- cups is to buy them online.

I get mine direct from Green Mountain. If you join their Cafe Club, you can save on each box purchased & if you buy 4 boxes the shipping is free.

I have a standard order that gets delivered every 6 weeks. If I want, I can change my order whenever I want. Right now I've changed out some brew over ice varieties for some seasonal flavors.

our company got an industrial strengh Keurig for our customer lounge and the customers keep breaking it............the one thing they do the most is pull off the whole cup seat instead of just pulling the used pod out.........then instead of telling someone, they throw it away.........i have been trash can diving four times in the last 2 months. we finally put up a sign......PLEASE JUST PULL OUT THE USED POD NOT THE PLASTIC THING IT IS RESTING IN AS IT IS PART OF THE MACHINE. we also have some older customers and they will stand there and scratch their heads for 5 minutes and then go get a glass of water instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter