• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just off the Dream, ch...ch...ch....changes!

The key word is enough. With a society that getting use to having smart phones for everything, it is just a way of life. Plus the realization of the amount of waste generated for printing these. 1,250 staterooms on the Dream, with a very conservative 50% boost on extras gives you 1,875 paper Navigators per day which gives you at least 13,125 per week and 682,500 per year on one ship. While they make very nice keepsakes, I do believe their time is done and won't be coming back.
Yes enough is the key word. The cost to Disney? Less than the free soda passengers demanded. Using the prices you and I would pay for a ream of paper, about $26 a week. Probably a lot less at the volume prices Disney pays.

Yes enough is the key word. The cost to Disney? Less than the free soda passengers demanded. Using the prices you and I would pay for a ream of paper, about $26 a week. Probably a lot less at the volume prices Disney pays.
I was talking about the paper waste and the cost in trees. The vast majority of those get thrown away. The dollar cost of the Navigators are nothing in the long term.

I was talking about the paper waste and the cost in trees. The vast majority of those get thrown away. The dollar cost of the Navigators are nothing in the long term.
Well, every environment effort is good, but cruise ships are pretty environmentally unfriendly since they aren't a necessity, but a luxury. Not sure how many, if any trees are used, I suspect the paper stock is all recycled paper. And trees are renewable anyway.

Thanks so much! I actually don’t mind this! Maybe we can stick all my kids at the table with the aunties and I can have a quiet dinner with adults! Lol. Kidding, but only kind of!
That's actually pretty much how ours was when we had the 2 long tables. All the adults were at one table and the kids at the other. There were a few little kids but majority were teenagers. And they were pretty well behaved which probably surprised most of us. lol

That's actually pretty much how ours was when we had the 2 long tables. All the adults were at one table and the kids at the other. There were a few little kids but majority were teenagers. And they were pretty well behaved which probably surprised most of us. lol

I would imagine had they not been, it would have been politely suggested to the adults by the head waiter that the parties split up more equitably between adults and children for proper supervision. (That said, I have also experienced kids not behaving even with at a table with adults. My sister and I still laugh (kind of) about the day a pea landed on our just cleaned table courtesy of 2 kids at a table close by whose table-sharing adults (I don't want to assume parents) were paying no attention to them.)

I would imagine had they not been, it would have been politely suggested to the adults by the head waiter that the parties split up more equitably between adults and children for proper supervision. (That said, I have also experienced kids not behaving even with at a table with adults. My sister and I still laugh (kind of) about the day a pea landed on our just cleaned table courtesy of 2 kids at a table close by whose table-sharing adults (I don't want to assume parents) were paying no attention to them.)
We were almost in like a private room in that restaurant. I think there was only 6 tables in that far back corner.

I think my teenage son (now an adult) behaved better when I was not looking at him lol.

My kids include 6 month old twins, so they’ll definitely need an adult at the table, but maybe just not me one night so I can have a “mom’s night off!”

I’m curious what the shows are onboard? Is it still just 2 shows or have they brought back a 3rd? I’m assuming even a 3 night gets all the shows now as they don’t have to repeat.

I’m curious what the shows are onboard? Is it still just 2 shows or have they brought back a 3rd? I’m assuming even a 3 night gets all the shows now as they don’t have to repeat.
I was on the fantasy last month and there were 3 shows. Alladin, frozen Dream

When you were seated with another couple at dinner were you each given a basket of bread and butter? or did you have to share

when you were seated with another party did you have your own bread basket and butter or did you have to share with another party?
Yes, we had our own bread basket & butter.

Believe on the first night and Beauty and the Beast on the last night. They played a movie in the WDT on night 2 (Turning Red).

Does anyone know with all of these Covid changes if the showers in the locker room are open?

Wait … did I miss a buffet? Going on #9 on April 21. Where is/was this hidden buffet located?
Not so much a buffet as a few snacks out at night in a lounge--pre-covid on the Wonder it was in the Crown & Fin and on the Magic in O'Gills from 10-11pm--crudites, hot dogs, some pub type appetizers, etc. There was also a small amount in the Promenade lounge area--chips/salsa, crudites, etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter