• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just the two of us - Live

Shouldn't you be in bed at this time? don't you have student things to do tomorrow, like lectures & seminars? GET SOME SLEEP!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one - my son started uni this year and I was a bit disturbed when I got a text from him at 4am in the morning on a weekday :confused:

Loving the trip report and pondering Disney with just the two of us (soon I hope!!)

Ok, gotta ask this, Wayne.... Wilson Philips... was it like that guy in the movie The Wedding Singer singing the same song over and over again? :rotfl2: I only ever remember them having 1 song.... hold on for one more day....:lmao:

My perfect day at WDW Wayne, AK in the morning and Epcot at night. Great photos too.
AK is my least fave park, rather goto Busch but only here 9 nights so decided to give Busch a miss.

I'm glad I'm not the only one - my son started uni this year and I was a bit disturbed when I got a text from him at 4am in the morning on a weekday :confused:

Loving the trip report and pondering Disney with just the two of us (soon I hope!!)
Matt is in his 2nd year now so we think nothing of it. If he is in bed before midnight its either an early start the next day or he isn't well:rotfl2:

Ok, gotta ask this, Wayne.... Wilson Philips... was it like that guy in the movie The Wedding Singer singing the same song over and over again? :rotfl2: I only ever remember them having 1 song.... hold on for one more day....:lmao:

Just Googled and their song plays a big role in the 2011 film Bridesmaids

Wayne, what's the address of Matt's blog?
i seem to have cleared my cache..

we love AK! for a while it was our favorite....now it's about equal with the other 3 parks....
for us, it's the most beautiful of the 4...

what we love about it is mostly the entertainment - nemo, lion king, flights of wonder.....and also the landscaping...

disneyholic family said:
Wayne, what's the address of Matt's blog?
i seem to have cleared my cache..

we love AK! for a while it was our favorite....now it's about equal with the other 3 parks....
for us, it's the most beautiful of the 4...

what we love about it is mostly the entertainment - nemo, lion king, flights of wonder.....and also the landscaping...

http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/

In MK today, in line for Pirates but it's down. Looks like we will have to leave.

AK is my least fave park, rather goto Busch but only here 9 nights so decided to give Busch a miss.

Matt is in his 2nd year now so we think nothing of it. If he is in bed before midnight its either an early start the next day or he isn't well:rotfl2:

Just Googled and their song plays a big role in the 2011 film Bridesmaids

They come from USA rock aristocracy..

The Wilson part of Wilson Philips relates to the fact that two of the girls are Brian Wilson's (Beach Boys) daughters

The other girl, Chynna I think's parents were in the Mamas and the papas (California Dreaming)

Wayne, did you use FP at all today in at MK? Just curious if MK had the same issues or similar to DHS with FP availability.

thanks!!

pirates down? if you have to leave the line maybe you can ask for a fastpass - maybe they give them out now because of FP+ (or a return time or something)...
They were handing out FP's to everyone that left. We used ours on Buzz just before we left.

Wayne, did you use FP at all today in at MK? Just curious if MK had the same issues or similar to DHS with FP availability.

Yes, no problems getting them today, we were at Big Thunder around 11am, got FP for 11:45-12:45.
Really busy in MK today, I didn't expect lines like they are at this time of year, Buzz, Big thunder, Splash, Mansion, Pooh all 60+ mins
Also didn't expect so many tour groups, one today in blue must have had 50-60 in it.

They were handing out FP's to everyone that left. We used ours on Buzz just before we left.

Yes, no problems getting them today, we were at Big Thunder around 11am, got FP for 11:45-12:45.
Really busy in MK today, I didn't expect lines like they are at this time of year, Buzz, Big thunder, Splash, Mansion, Pooh all 60+ mins
Also didn't expect so many tour groups, one today in blue must have had 50-60 in it.

Sounds like you picked the right park then. Or at the very least, you didn't pick the wrong one! Crowds do sound like they have been higher this year, although I am not there to compare to previous Octobers so I can't really say how much. I wonder how much this has to do with FP+ working concurrently with paper FP and how much it has to do with higher crowd levels in general.

Shouldn't you be in bed at this time? don't you have student things to do tomorrow, like lectures & seminars? GET SOME SLEEP!!!
Today was my day off, but I went on campus to attend two guest lectures anyway!

Will be awake bright and early for a 9am seminar tomorrow - goodnight!

I didn't expect lines like they are at this time of year

Seconded! So much busier than we've seen in previous Octobers. All the 'big' stuff in DHS yesterday after 10am was 60+, toy story mania as always was nudging 100 minutes.

Today at AK there were a LOT of people, maximum queue time was posted as
45 minutes for Kilimanjaro Safaris and Kali River Rapids, but we actually found rapids while posted at 35 minutes at 3pm was 10 minutes, and Everest was 10 but posted as 20 shortly after 3.30.

We're off to IOA tomorrow morning so it'll be interesting to compare crowds.

:goodvibes

This is the busiest October we have ever experienced, fast passes for soaring, test track and toy story mania all gone by 9.30. Lines for popular rides to long for us to wait.

Must have something to do with FP+ system in place now, lots people having a moan about FP going really quick for rides & stand in line times are longer than normal

Must have something to do with FP+ system in place now, lots people having a moan about FP going really quick for rides & stand in line times are longer than normal

The reports I have been reading have it the other way around. Wait times aren't really exceptionally long for this time of the year; they are somewhat but not by much. It's the FP lack of availability or being distributed for the day much earlier than expected that seem to be seeing FP lines exceptionally long

Also remember that at some point they are going to have to cut the ratio of regular FPs available in the system to accommodate the rising numbers of FP+ reservations

Interesting times ahead it seems ....

Missed posting pics last night, internet was playing up, too slow to upload pics. Will try catch up tonight if any better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter