Just the two of us - Live

Back to yesterday then. MK, back to hotel for a swim, Santa Fe Cattle Co for evening meal then Premium Outlet Disney store but didn't buy anything.
Santa Fe is a bit more pricey than other meals this trip, even with 10% coupon it was still $40 but we both really enjoyed it.

Still a day behind so will try catch up.
Yesterday we started in SeaWorld, was going to watch Sealion Pirate show but closed for refurb so watched Dolphin show, did Turtle Trek back to Antarctica which had a 45 min wait but we had fastpass when it broke down last time we were on, great new enclosure for the penguins but would never line up more than 10-15 mins for it.
Lunch was another trip to Sweet Tomatoes, our favourite place for lunch, took a few pics as I don't think I have ever seen pics posted from inside here. With coupon its great value at $14 for both of us with a soda each.
Evening back to Epcot to see the Pointer Sisters, thankfully I knew most of their work, lots of energy and excellent show. Karen ate Orange chicken again in china, I had a tuna sandwich from Walgreens later.

Sweet Toms, plate full (sorry I started before I remembered to take pics) of salad

bowl of home made tomato soup, so good i had 2

soups all made from scratch inhouse.

Fresh cooked desserts, muffins, delicious cookie bar.

salad bar, you can't see even a third of it here.

Karen's ice cream

My ice cream. there is lots more we didn't take pics of like the pasta bar, baked potatoes & fruit section but gives you an idea of the choice.

Today was our final day, started in MK, across to the Poly for a self serve Dole Whip which I made huge:goodvibes
Today was the hottest day of the trip, car said 95F around 3pm, this evening it was still reading 86F, more like August temps.
Evening meal we had at the Orlando Alehouse, I had 20oz Porterhouse which doesn't look much in the pic but it was huge and really good. We then went for a walk around DTD Westside, took ages to get there, traffic was a nightmare, Disney are trying to organise traffic but they are making it far worse, closing lanes, closing turnings, closing lanes within the car parks, in the end I ignored a closed lane in the carpark which had cones across the entrance, inside there were loads of spaces. IMO if they left it to the drivers we would do a far better job, they were just causing 15-20 min tailbacks in every direction.
Our long journey back home tomorrow, hope its as easy as it was coming.:)

Great updates. Your Sweet Tomatoes pics are making me so hungry - I can taste their fresh-baked brownies just looking at them!

I hope you have a safe (and uneventful) journey home :)

Just catching up on your TR now - late to the party again!
Some great pictures and it sounds like you have had a lovely trip even without Matt.
Your Dole whip looks delicious.....I forgot they did them at captain cooks too so guess where we are going this morning?;)

Sat by the pool now, I was in the sun but had to move into the shade after 10 mins, its so hot:goodvibes

A couple of bits of news on what Matt is upto back home. Earlier today he interviewed Commander Chris Hadfield, recently back from the International Space station where is was a big hit on social media with his tweets from space. His interview will be going on The National Student soon but under strict rules when it can go live, I will post when its on the site.
Other news is he (and some others) have formed a society at University called Making Memories at Lancaster University, they aim to raise money for charity to help families with a parent who has a terminal illness. Today members voted on positions within the society and Matt was voted President.:thumbsup2

Loving your trip report Wayne! :thumbsup2

And randomly, I've also interviewed Chris Hadfield! I was the UK host of a worldwide webchat, a very nice guy! :)

Sat in Tampa airport now, at the gate waiting for boarding at 2:30pm.
Dropped car off at Hertz, really easy with no fees to pay. Did just over 500 miles in it, filled up mid holiday with $40 of gas and then filled right next to Tampa airport before returning at $35, total $75, need 2 cars next year, July & Sept, so hope Hertz have some deals on again.
I didn't do online check in as Jet Blue didn't have 2 seats together without paying $45pp extra for extra legroom seats. Waited til airport and got 2 seats together no problem, I wish they would release them all online.
Waiting for plane arrive now, hope to board it in 35 mins so hasn't got long to turn around.

Safe flight home Karen & Wayne :)

It's cold and wet here still just in case you wondered :rotfl:

Wayne I always enjoy your reports. Love all your food pictures and details - a man after my own heart :thumbsup2

Hope you gave a safe journey home :)

Easy flight up from Tampa to Boston. On back row(25) of plane, JetBlue probably have as much leg room in economy as Virgin give you in PE. Lots of room, big seats, live TV plus we had an empty seat next to us. No line at Aer Lingus check in, luggage now checked thru to Manchester. Now sat at Starbucks near gate, choc chunk muffin & latte.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter