• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

#KindnessMatters TR, quickly Evolving into Loki's Adventures in WDW 12/14

Chapter 6: Well, That Was a Dumb Idea!

Checked in, and room set-up to allow for the best possible use during our next week...one big drawback of the fold-down bed is a large loss in drawer space...but we manage (personally, I hate unpacking the suitcase into drawers prefer just living out of the suitcase).

We picked up some sandwiches from the foodcourt for lunch and got our free refill mugs that came as part of our free dining... and to think I disliked the design in 2010...this year it was even worse...I THINK, it is supposed to be the fab five riding a Disney Bus, but can't really tell...oh well, they will still be a nice reminder full of coffee on some mornings when we get home.

Power strips plugged in and all cords for recharging cell phones, camera batteries and the powerbanks are set-up...looked like a pile of noodles, but we were going to be fine power-wise on the days in the park.

It is not even 2 pm yet and we don't have anything until our 6 pm ADR at Boma...what should we do? I know, "lets go to Downtown Disney and start looking for gift ideas for our friends and family!"

Well...That was a dumb idea!

I knew about all the construction...sure...but we had been so wrapped up in our trip planning, we knew Christmas was coming up, but it never occurred to us that today was a SUNDAY, the second to the last Sunday before Christmas...and the last Sunday for buying in time to ship gifts.

CROWDED! Insanely crowded.

But we didn't really think about that before heading over...So we packed for going straight from DTD to Animal Kingdom Lodge for our dinner, to give us some time to look around the resort since we had never been to that resort, and of course, the things we had heard about it we knew we were missing out.

So off to catch our first bus of the trip...was a short walk over to the Jamaica bus stop... and I started timing the wait once we were there.5 minutes later the bus pulls up, completely empty. We get on and figure this must be the first stop for the bus, and we will have the other five to go.

But no, after the Aruba and Barbados stops, we head straight to DTD.

One of three families on the bus, but she still was determined to stand...even though we said she would end up needing to stand on many other trips, she wanted to practice I guess...or as Loki she liked looking down on us...one or the other.

as we approach the DTD station, the driver picks up the mic to make the announcements (guess the recorded message system was off on this bus)...and proceeds to hold the mic right against her lips, making every word a garbled bit of nonsense...but I think the main point was that this was the only open stop in DTD, which I already knew...but maybe it was a warning about the crazy amount of people at DTD...and we just didn't catch it in time.

We get off the bus and immediately realize we made a mistake...huge crowds on the sidewalks, huge crowds in the stores...oh well, I figure it will be a warm-up for the worst days in the parks...actually never got that bad in the parks except for trying to get around people stopped for a parade, and that was a small contained area.

So we hit the stores...just looking, planning on buying another time (and looking at the lines at the registers, we realize it is a very smart idea to buy later).

Having only really discovered Steampunk the year after our last trip to Disney, we had never noticed the decorations in World Of Disney were very Steampunk in design.

We see that they are still making the Mickey and Minnie Victorian Christmas items that we liked on the last trip, so I make note of some to get Jennifer for a special present for Christmas.

We are on a mission to find something REALLY nice for our dog sitters...since they offered to keep them the entire length of the trip, for free! We need to find something Star Wars themed that they can't get elsewhere (and not the thermal detonator hot potato game...they got FOUR at their wedding)...we didn't see anything exciting (or their style) at the stores in DTD...closest was the Yoda backpack (we saw a couple looking at it, and offered to take a picture of the guy wearing it and email it to them since they didn't want to buy it just for a joke.)

We totally missed seeing the guy wearing the Darth Vader helmet with Mouse ears on it, texting in the background, but it kind of makes the picture better.

We made it as far as the Lego store before deciding to quit here, since the buses only come to the marketplace stop right now, and head on to Animal Kingdom...it was close to 4pm, so we would have plenty of time at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Were disappointed, but not surprised to learn there is a metal framework under the Legos in these sculptures...should have known that the weight would be too much for the plastic bricks to hold on their own.

Well, we fought our way through the crowds back to the bus stop, and completely skipped over our stop...turns out the numbers are not quiet like the rest of the stops in WDW with numbers following one after the other in sequence. But we still got there before a bus pulled up...no line, short 3 minute wait.

As we boarded another family came on and sat across from us. The bus pulls away and the recorded message starts up...on our way to Animal Kingdom Lodge...for the safety and comfort of others we ask that you please refrain from eating, drinking smoking...aboard the motorcoach...sit back and enjoy the ride..."

The announcement had barely ended and the music started when the family across from us pulls out a large bag of popcorn and starts passing it around...they have barely gotten a handful each when we hear the bus driver say, "Oh come on! He clearly just said not to eat on the bus."

We didn't make eye contact as they sheepishly put the popcorn away...first time I have ever seen someone get called out for breaking those rules on the bus.

Up Next: Time for a Quiet Dinner or Why Does La Quinta Keep Calling?

Chapter 7: Time for a Quiet Dinner or Why Does La Quinta Keep Calling?

Bus pulls up at Animal Kingdom lodge between 4:30 and 5:00 pm, still plenty of time before our 6 pm ADR at Boma.

So time to tour the lobby and the main area. Part of the reason we love touring in December is getting to see resorts dressed in their holiday finery. This trip we wanted to focus on the ones we missed in our past trips. That was our agenda this evening, starting here for dinner then heading off to Hollywood Studios to catch the boat over to the Epcot resort area.

The view from the 3rd floor walkway looking down into the lobby was very nice.

It is also a great location for getting some photos of the decor.

Surely they could have found a less...unfortunate...place to put the light on this decoration? Right?

We noticed that there was an exit out back to view the animals, and we still had plenty of time before dinner.

But first, we had decided that we would make full use of the Memory Maker we paid for and pose for as many family photos as we could. We saw they had a photopass photographer there so we took our first family photo of the trip!

Merry Christmas!

While sitting there posing, Jennifer's phone starts to go off. We are NOT THOSE kind of people so let it go to voice mail and finished taking the photos.

Check the call log and see that it was the La Quinta in Tallahassee calling...ok, that is weird. So Jennifer calls back, person answers and has no idea what she is talking about, there are no notes or logs for why they would have called. Fine, mistake we guess.

Next we head out back to look at the animals.

It was dinner time for them as well!

By this point the sunset was upon us and casting a nice orange glow across the top of the building.

Still a half hour till our check-in time for dinner, so we decided to go to the resort gift shop to see if there was anything we might only see here to consider for gifts for our friends.

Jennifer decided she wanted to find a smaller bag that could hold here camera and phone as the larger bag she had brought was just too large and finding anything in it becomes an ordeal. They had one that the camera fit in well, but her Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is so big, it doesn't fit in much...still she claims that bag will be one of her "Christmas" items and starts to check out...while checking out, La Quinta calls again. Now we are concerned, so she answered and they were letting us know we left something behind. They had to put her on hold to check what it was.

I do a quick mental review...yes I check everywhere, and got everything...but we figure since all our clothes made it, what ever it is, we can pick up on the return trip. They get back on the phone and let us know it is an ipad they found in our room. Weird...we didn't pack an ipad...we don't own an ipad...Jennifer has one for the office so she can troubleshoot the website issues for people trying to view it on one, but she swears she left it at home. Ok, relief settles in...clearly not ours. She thanks them and we head on to dinner.

Boma had been recommended by one of Jennifer's close friends and co-workers, so this was our choice for the kick-off of our trip.

And as soon as we had sat down with our first plates La Quinta called AGAIN...new shift started at 6 it seems and they were calling to let us know they found our ipad! I suppose if we HAD left an ipad, I would be happy that they were so diligent about letting us know...but at this point, it was just annoying.

I love the buffets where there are so many non-traditional options...I can't even remember what half these entree selections were (the soup was carrot and ginger, I remember that...it was great, and I am not a fan of soups).

We completely enjoyed Boma...certainly on the list to repeat. The selections were fantastic, and the flavors were exotic enough to make us want to try some of everything. We were STUFFED.

Time to head out for our tour of Christmas Decorations, next stop Hollywood Studios for the boat launch!

Next Chapter: Here there Be (Candy) Dragons!

I am so enjoying your trip report. We too are nerds and my son a huge (really huge) Star Wars fan. We are leaving in 2 weeks for Caribbean Beach resort and our first nights ADR is for Boma with a planned tour of AKL. Looking forward to the next installment. :thumbsup2
P.S. a special thanks for all the pictures.

It is 16 hours for us...but what would you be going past!!! Philadelphia! Baltimore! DC (again...loved our trip there)! Richmond! Savannah! OMG! I would love to take that trip...would certainly need time for side trips to Fredericksburg Battlefield! Petersberg! So much to see!

Exactly! We'd never get to Disney because there's so much to see on the way. :goodvibes

I am so enjoying your trip report. We too are nerds and my son a huge (really huge) Star Wars fan. We are leaving in 2 weeks for Caribbean Beach resort and our first nights ADR is for Boma with a planned tour of AKL. Looking forward to the next installment. :thumbsup2
P.S. a special thanks for all the pictures.

Have a great trip...going to have a ton more photos in other installments. We love Star Wars and the fans. Some of my fondest memories were meeting cast members like Anthony Daniels and David Prowse alongside my daughter.

It looks like you guys had a lovely evening at AK with dinner at Boma. I love it there! What a great first family picture! We got the memory maker for this next trip and I'll have to keep my eyes out for those photographers. I didn't realize they would even be at the resorts and/or restaurants. Cool! :cool1:

That's funny about the La Quinta calls. That was definitely Disney-level service there. If they'd called again you may have gone home with a new iPad! :lmao:

It looks like you guys had a lovely evening at AK with dinner at Boma. I love it there! What a great first family picture! We got the memory maker for this next trip and I'll have to keep my eyes out for those photographers. I didn't realize they would even be at the resorts and/or restaurants. Cool! :cool1:

Those vests make them easy to spot! Considering that if you don't have the Memory Maker, it is like $14 a download...the $169 price for Memory Maker means, 12 photos and it is paid for...so even without ride photos, you just need to pose TWICE each day on a six day trip to get your money's worth...that might even just be one photographer with a "Magic Shot" for the second picture. But of course at MK you have to get a daytime shot with the Castle as well as a night time one.

Chapter 8: Here there Be (Candy) Dragons!

Because the evening was an evening EMH at Hollywood Studios, we boarded a slightly more crowded bus from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Hollywood Studios.

Poor Phoebe could barely contain herself being SOOOOO CLOSE to thrill rides but still not getting to do any. I did remind her we had Space Mountain FP+'s set for 10 am the next morning...she just needed to hold on for a few more hours.

We headed towards the boat launch and debated walking as the line was pretty long...but were still very full from dinner so opted for the half hour wait.

First stop on the boats, Swan and Dolphin

or Swan and Grumpy Fish

Fingers crossed that by the time of our 2019 trip, we will have enough Starwood points to get a great deal at one of these (the three-times a year we stay at an ALoft Hotel for the Comicons in Dallas/Irving, just might do it...need to research some more on the point system and possible expiration dates).

But the focus of our visit this time...the Yacht Club, Beach Club and Boardwalk to see their Christmas Decor! So we stayed on the boat until Yacht Club!

Looking back towards the boat dock, and Boardwalk from the entrance to Yacht Club

Inside was a Christmas Train village.

and a tree decorated with....

YACHTS!

Time for another family photo!

This time just a cast member offering to use our camera to take it. Then asked if we could find the hidden Mickey on their globe...we couldn't...
I won't spoil where it is, but he showed us in the end.

Hint...it is NOT in the part visible in this photo

Time to walk on over to Beach Club!

Their first special holiday treat? Candy sculpture:

Candy Dragon!

Very nice...but just the warm-up for the Gingerbread Carousel!

Now we have the recipe...all we need is the time, expertise, and location and we can reconstruct it! Ummm, ok, maybe not.

By the time we got across to the Boardwalk, the Gingerbread Icecream parlor had closed...

and time was running short for getting back to Hollywood Studios by boat and getting a bus back to our resort. So had to cut it short and grabbed only a few photos...but I swear I took, more, will have to look back at the SD card to see if they just didn't transfer. Update: Nope, checked and not there, think I recall now I was trying to use the manual settings and they didn't turn out good, so I deleted them.

It was about 11:30 pm when we arrived back at our room for bed (nice short ride from HS to CBR, and the Jamaica stop was stop #1!)...all excited from our first day back in the magic, ready for a full day at Magic Kingdom the next morning!

Up Next: Mac and Cheeseburger in Paradise

Quick note before I work on our next chapter...we are still playing around with the Photo Pass photos before our deadline to download, I will post the ones I am allowed to, as DW doesn't like her appearance in some of them.

But I am a little disappointed in a couple of them, the photographer took some blurry pictures during her meet and greet with Tinkerbell...DW got the great shot I have at the beginning of the report, but look at the one the "professional" took.

I'm glad she is an adult and so isn't as heart broken at bad photos as I'm sure some other might have been that day.

This is why, even though I would love to work there taking photos, I would worry, if some of my photos turn out blurry, I'm the only person that would care.

Luckily it LOOKS like most the others are much better.

Love the pictures at YC. Too bad the candy dragon is a Christmas thing, would love to see it when we visit.

So even though you purchase the Memory Maker upfront there is still a deadline to download the photos? That's good to know.

I had the same experience last trip - some of my photos were better than the one the PP photographer took. But I had to go for the memory maker this trip because the benefit of my being in the picture is worth it, I think. I'll just have to get lots of them done and hope for the best. :thumbsup2

So even though you purchase the Memory Maker upfront there is still a deadline to download the photos? That's good to know.

I had the same experience last trip - some of my photos were better than the one the PP photographer took. But I had to go for the memory maker this trip because the benefit of my being in the picture is worth it, I think. I'll just have to get lots of them done and hope for the best. :thumbsup2

Yes, with the Memory Maker you have 45 days from the date the photo was taken to download it...we have always gotten the pre-order, even before it was called Memory Maker. The past times we were able to upload our own photos and then get everything on a CD (two CD actually for each)...other than the name change and the lack of a free CD being mailed to you, I don't see much change in the basic system...but getting the ride photos included, now that's a new bonus.

The first year we made the most use of it as DD had a BBB session along with a photography session so we got a TON of professionally staged photos of her in her outfit, and those are some of the best memories of our trip

Chapter 9: Mac and Cheeseburger in Paradise

Is there ANYTHING else quite like the feeling of walking into the the first park at the beginning of a week at WDW? All the weeks, months, and sometimes YEARS of planning and preparation is about to be rewarded.

We were excited to see the new Christmas decorations in person.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33378%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3B%3A%3C%3A6%3A336nu0mrj

as well as some of the old favorites we remembered from past trips

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3448%3B%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3B%3A%3C%3A72336nu0mrj

First stop of the day was Jennifer's FP+ to meet Tinkerbell...and share the first #KindessMatters bracelet and get photos to share with Peyton's mom. So off to the meet and greet in the theater:
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A%3A44%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3B%3A%3C%3A5%3B336nu0mrj

This is when this previous blurry photo was taken

But luckily Jennifer was taking her own as well and got this fantastic one:

Phoebe and I waited outside and took in the sights.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv38945%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3B%3A%3C%3A69336nu0mrj

afterwords, while Jennifer took a few minutes to compose herself, realizing only now how emotional it was going to be trying to share the story, we worked our way over to the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom training at the firehouse.

After getting our instructions (and being sent to Frontierland on the first mission) we set this aside to keep our FP+ for Phoebe and I at Space Mountain...but first, time for a few family photos

This was the only day we wore matching shirts (or exact matches, at least) but of course, Loki was ever present.

Enough with the family photos for the time, we had a ride to ride!
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36%3A48%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3B%3A%3A546336nu0mrj

It was everything Phoebe remembered...while in Tomorrowland we rode Carousel of Progress, a family favorite, but the People Mover had some issues so the line had gotten pretty long...we felt it was time to move along towards Fantasyland to look for an early lunch (since we had a Chef Mickey's ADR that evening at 6, we wanted to make sure we would be plenty hungry so a late lunch wasn't in the plans.

Jennifer started sorting through the food options using the MDE app, and we settled on Friar's Nook, as it was a new option for us, and the Mac and Cheese menu sounded fantastic.

So for those that haven't had it...it is as good as it sounds (if it sounds terrible to you, then you won't like it)...we all ordered something different so we could compare.

Jennifer ordered the Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese and basically, it was mac and cheese with some burger, and burger toppings mixed in...very good:

(Aside: for those that might be trying to figure out the wallpaper on Jennifer's photo, it is a photo from when she was assisting at a comicon and was helping Karen Gillan...who's hair still hadn't grown out fully from filming Guardians of the Galaxy (she was Nova)... I think she had to wear a wig when filming the short lived tv show Selfie...and you can see the backdrop is a photo of her as Amy Pond in Doctor Who...it isn't the same shirt Jennifer is wearing...the volunteer shirts for the con were the same orange as the #KindnessMatters ones...so they can be seen)

Phoebe ordered the Pot Roast Mac and Cheese...similarly prepared:

and I got the Mac and Cheese Hot Dog, which was the inverse of theirs, a hot dog with Mac and Cheese on it...which I certainly liked better than if they had just cut up hot dog pieces into mac and cheese.

After lunch the girls spotted Aurora with a pretty short line, so got out a bracelet and waited to meet her. She was meeting under the new partial Castle wall next to the 7DMT.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv34565%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3B%3A72%3A9336nu0mrj

Phoebe took the lead this time in telling Peyton's story

Now it was almost time to ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train using our FP+.

While standing in Line to meet Aurora, Jennifer had plenty of time to see this hill on the 7DMT

To me, that is nothing...but Jennifer is not a fan of coasters, and so she decided she would sit this one out...instead, she got out her phone and changed her FP+ on that to an Enchanted Tales with Belle later that afternoon.

So just me and the girl headed to the FP+ line

which was a line in itself...but longer waiting to get past the scanner than once we started heading in to the ride itself.

We soon found ourselves waiting to board the ride.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A24%3A%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3B%3B73%3C6336nu0mrj

We had to ham it up a bit as it is fun, and fast, but not a "thrill ride"

This first time through, the car stopped in the middle of the mine, right before the last lift hill...the wait doubled the length of the ride...that really is the one thing about the ride I see as a fault, it is only 2/3rds of what you come to expect. two lift hills and it is over...one more lift hill and section and it would be a great ride...sure not Everest or Space Mountain good, but still worth riding.

Oh well, we did still have a couple more FP+'s for it during our future days, so could maybe see if it was better in the dark.

Next Chapter: Here There Be (Steampunk) Dragons

You're really taking great advantage of the Memory Maker - beautiful family and princess pictures!

I did notice the photo on the phone and wondered how you got your MK pictures as your wallpaper so quickly. :rotfl:

A whole restaurant devoted to mac & cheese. How did I not know this? It will be very hard to stay away from there.

Glad to hear you enjoyed 7DMT. I'm looking forward to it but I've heard mixed reviews.

You're really taking great advantage of the Memory Maker - beautiful family and princess pictures!

I did notice the photo on the phone and wondered how you got your MK pictures as your wallpaper so quickly. :rotfl:

A whole restaurant devoted to mac & cheese. How did I not know this? It will be very hard to stay away from there.

Glad to hear you enjoyed 7DMT. I'm looking forward to it but I've heard mixed reviews.

Yes, we also did a Magic Shot over by the Crystal Palace with Olaf in the shot, but DW does not like how she looks in the photo, so I will not be posting it (she was actually in tears that evening when we pulled up the pictures on my laptop).

While reviewing the photos I noticed the phone screen was very noticeable, and thought people might think the same...plus I love sharing photos of DW with all the nerdy celebs she has gotten to meet and assist...I hope it doesn't just come off as name dropping...this is actually going to come up late in the trip when talking about our dream retirement working in the parks...that is still many chapters away.

Yep, Friars Nook was new for us...it is just past the Pooh ride, where Snow White's Scary Adventures once was.

I think people expected too much from 7DMT...it is a good addition to MK, which could use more moderate rides like that, and it is a great addition to Fantasyland, which needed something to appeal to the post-toddler kids. I do think it is unfair to compare it to Gringotts, just because both are the newest rides at each park.

Chapter 10: Here There Be (Steampunk) Dragons

As we were finished in Fantasyland till later in the evening, we headed over towards Frontierland for Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and to check out the Festival Of Fantasy parade...we were very excited to see the dragon.

First though, we HAD to stop by Momento Mori to start planning our spending (and to give hints about Christmas gifts we would like to receive from there).

We were happy to see the Haunted Mansion was done with the refurb and was to be open the entire length of our trip, instead of just the last day, as this was a family favorite every previous trip...but he wait time was 40 minutes, and we had elsewhere to be...namely:

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A9%3A5%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3B%3B73%3C8336nu0mrj

It was a warm enough day, and witht eh sun, we weren't too worried about being wet...and we were glad we had teh FP+ as you can see by the posted wait time:
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv372%3C9%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C2844%3A336nu0mrj

85 minutes...nope. Not worth it.

But we had FP+ that would start in about 20 minutes (making full use of the 5 minutes early window) so Phoebe and I waited and I took a couple pictures in the surrounding area:
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv364%3A7%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3B%3B73%3C%3B336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A3%3A2%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3B%3B7432336nu0mrj

Time to ride!...and it is again, just Phoebe and I...big hill, not Jennifer's thing.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv39%3B3%3A%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C28455336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv385%3C7%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C28456336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3697%3A%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C2848%3A336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33747%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C2%3C%3B58336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv38%3B57%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C284%3A5336nu0mrj

Splash Mountain done, time to test out the FP+ kiosk and the availability of 4th options...the line in Forntierland stretched from the kiosk to the DVC booth...but even at that length, it was only 10 minutes of waiting...Phoebe and I left having scored a FP+ for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad after dinner that evening (we had a 7:15 ADR for Chef Mickey's) our return time 8:30-9:30...thought we would make it no problem.

We then took headed back to sit and wait with Jennifer and her new buddies for the Festival of Fantasy Parade. Because she had been sitting there for a bit, she had a great spot across from Splash Mountain, in the shade, with a rock wall to sit on, very comfy...as the time for the parade got closer, she let a family with a couple of kindergarten and younger girls into the space as well so the girls could see. for the 20 more minutes waiting, she learned all about Olivia's (the kindergartener) opinion on Splash Mountain, the length of the wait for the parade, and life (especially her thoughts on her sibling) in general.

Time for the parade!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv39843%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C2%3C%3B73336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv356%3B7%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C284%3B4336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36%3B52%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C2%3C%3B7%3B336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3846%3A%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C45%3B%3C5336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36%3B44%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C43%3B%3C8336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv34476%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C46253336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3966%3A%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C4625%3A336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv39655%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C46263336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv333%3B3%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C46266336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36%3A4%3B%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C3%3B%3A46336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36532%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C3%3B%3A4%3A336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B786%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C3%3B%3A59336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A434%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C3%3B%3A62336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3956%3B%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C3%3B%3A67336nu0mrj

To Be Continued in next post

Chapter 10 Continued!

Getting close now!!!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv39795%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C3%3B%3A68336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3848%3B%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C5746%3A336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C%3B39%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C57472336nu0mrj

Doh! Just missed the flames!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36379%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C3%3B%3A76336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C8%3A8%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C3%3B%3A77336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36%3A54%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C3%3B%3A78336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3824%3B%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C3%3B%3A7%3B336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A963%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C66667336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A9%3A3%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C3%3B%3A89336nu0mrj

The Steampunk Dragon was worth the wait! And worth the change-out of the Christmas decorations along Main Street (I never did like how they blocked a clear view of the Castle).

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv384%3A9%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C666%3A%3B336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B876%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C76532336nu0mrj

After the parade we finished up the Sorcerer's quest in Liberty Square.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv37496%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C7655%3B336nu0mrj

After beating our villian, it locked-up before telling us where to go next...so we headed over to the sign-up location in Liberty Square to find out what to do next.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C457%3Enu%3D334%3A%3E966%3E272%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B34%3C76%3B33336nu0mrj

Turns out we were to head to Adventureland...Jennifer wanted to beat all nine villains, but honestly, we never remembered to play when we were in the area of our next stop.

I can see how the game is a lot of fun for people that visit a lot. But only coming once every 3-4 years, we spend most of our time enjoying the rides and shows, and things like that...I am glad we played the bit we did, but unless we live there, and are in the parks multiple times a year, I just can't see wasting time trying to defeat all the villains in a level.

Up Next: Main Street Electrical Parade of Doom!

Following along :wave2:

I'm enjoying your TR, we are staying at CBR in a few months. Thanks for all the recent info over on the CBR thread :goodvibes

My dd 15 is a big fan of Supernatural & Doctor Who, she has been reading some of this with me and thinks you all are 'cool' :cool2:

your #Kindness Matters quest is really inspiring. Look forward to reading more of how your trip went.

Love the pictures of the Festival of Fantasy parade. I really want to get a great spot to view it this spring.

I thought about doing the Sorcerer's game with my boys but we only have 2 days in the park, I think we'd rather spend time on other things. I think your opinion on it is completely right.

I wish my family would ride Splash Mountain with me. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter