• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

#KindnessMatters TR, quickly Evolving into Loki's Adventures in WDW 12/14

Following along :wave2:

I'm enjoying your TR, we are staying at CBR in a few months. Thanks for all the recent info over on the CBR thread :goodvibes

My dd 15 is a big fan of Supernatural & Doctor Who, she has been reading some of this with me and thinks you all are 'cool' :cool2:

your #Kindness Matters quest is really inspiring. Look forward to reading more of how your trip went.

Thanks, glad to help with the resort questions...it was our first time there, and I know when we started making the plans we had a ton of questions about it.

And realized that I skipped over several of the small acts of kindness we had bee doing, I think of what to put in the next chapter, and then get so busy adding photos that I short change some of the story...but I like lots of photos when I read a trip report...I might need to do a summary of things I missed day by day.

I have enjoyed reading yo your trip report.
Thank you for sharing.

Thank you so much...it definately keeps me focused on completing it (even in the midst of the kick-off of Girl Scout cookie season and the stress that causes) to know that people ARE reading it...and I'm not just talking in a vacuum.

Thank you for taking the time to post your families adventures. Going through Disney withdrawal, as our next family trip is not until Dec2017 (only 1,047 days to go!) like your family we also enjoy going for the Christmas decorations. So I wanted to find a trip report around the Christmas time, your photos are taking me back to the magic, thank you.

Love the pictures of the Festival of Fantasy parade. I really want to get a great spot to view it this spring.

I thought about doing the Sorcerer's game with my boys but we only have 2 days in the park, I think we'd rather spend time on other things. I think your opinion on it is completely right.

I wish my family would ride Splash Mountain with me. :(

This was the ONE parade we were determined not to miss...pretty much the only we we sat through.

On our first trip, Phoebe was too scared to ride anything much more scary than POTC...she wouldn't even ride Star Tours. then in 2010 she tried a few others and really started to enjoy rides like Splash Mountain and BTMR...so I finally had someone willing to ride these with me.

I wouldn't completely write of Sorcerer's...if I were you, on your first day I would go ahead and pick up the cards (everyone in your group gets a small set) and see where your first mission is...when you are in that area, give it a try...it is fun to do and watch, it is much cooler than the Kim Possible/Perry one in EPCOT. I think defeating one villain only takes three or four steps...we knocked that first one out pretty quickly...and enjoyed it, and have the cards as a free momento.

I'm glad we did it, just didn't spend too much time doing just that.

Thank you for taking the time to post your families adventures. Going through Disney withdrawal, as our next family trip is not until Dec2017 (only 1,047 days to go!) like your family we also enjoy going for the Christmas decorations. So I wanted to find a trip report around the Christmas time, your photos are taking me back to the magic, thank you.

Still a bit off, but later we restaged a couple of photos in front of our favorite decorations...Occasionally we can talk the teenager into recreating previous photos...we only get a couple of them before she turns grumpy on us, so we try to make them count.

We are looking at our next Christmas trip being 2019 :eek:

So hoping to squeeze in a summer trip in 2016...maybe do the cruise and get a couple park days in as well.

Will be odd seeing everything in summer mode, but will still enjoy it greatly I know.

SOrry for being a bit behind, was a crazy couple of weeks at work, and then a 14th birthday for the girl...then this last weekend was Dallas Comicon Fan Days...so as a side note, here is Professor River Song herself, Alex Kingston, wearing a Kindness Matters bracelet in honor of Peyton
10432495_10152535145406594_1430476020064014228_n.jpg

I'm following you from the CBR thread. My two oldest boys would so fit in with your family. My ds12 is very much into steampunk these days and my ds14 is all around nerdy. He would love to go to any of the conventions your family goes to. Like your daughter he also plays the oboe and he has a friend who calls him Loki because with his hair he looks a bit like a blonde Loki. He has a girl he talks to who has red hair and he always refers to her as River Song and she calls him Dr. Who.

We are planning our first trip back since the boys were little. We are aiming for just before Christmas and have reservations for CBR. Thanks for posting the picture of your daughter in the fold down bed. It gave me a much better idea of the size. I'm sure my two youngest will enjoy taking turns sleeping on it.

sorry for the hiatus, but life got crazy between work and other commitments...back to sanity finally, so hopefully will be able to finish.

Thoroughly enjoying your trip report. And trust me, your daughter is not the only one who hates bridges. We live on the Missouri side of St. Louis but I have one cousin that lives on the Illinois side of St. Louis and another that lives in St. Charles, MO. If we want to visit either of them, we have to cross a bridge and my poor hubby has to close his eyes. He hates them!

Also love your picture of Alex Kingston. St. Louis ComiCon was this past weekend and I was so disappointed in it :( Last year was so much better. Last year, we got to meet Matt Smith & Karen Gillan. I'm hoping next year is back to its glory.

Can't wait for the rest of your report.

Attachments

• 1601431_10203688008670448_806674326_n.jpg
    1601431_10203688008670448_806674326_n.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 0
Thoroughly enjoying your trip report. And trust me, your daughter is not the only one who hates bridges. We live on the Missouri side of St. Louis but I have one cousin that lives on the Illinois side of St. Louis and another that lives in St. Charles, MO. If we want to visit either of them, we have to cross a bridge and my poor hubby has to close his eyes. He hates them!

Also love your picture of Alex Kingston. St. Louis ComiCon was this past weekend and I was so disappointed in it :( Last year was so much better. Last year, we got to meet Matt Smith & Karen Gillan. I'm hoping next year is back to its glory.

Can't wait for the rest of your report.
1601431_10203688008670448_806674326_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter