Kirstie Kelly for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings- THE DISNEY WEDDING GOWNS!!!!

Kashmir104

When you wish upon a star...
Hi everyone!!!

I can't believe it, but official pictures of the Disney Wedding Gowns are now available- http://disneybridal.com/

:dance3:

I'm sooo excited! I got the heads-up from my DFTW site coordinator earlier this week. I'm having the Simply Chic Couture wedding and had a few questions on the decor and bridal colors to match the collection, and she told me that she was taking my questions straight to David Tutera in NYC this weekend for the premiere of the Couture Collection dresses!

OMG they are all gorgeous!!!!! :woohoo:

Of course they only go up to size 14, but that gives me some "thin-spiration" to loose some more weight before the big day (in 2009- plenty of time!)

I just HAD to share them with all you ladies as soon as I saw them!

This definitely made this rainy and stormy Sunday in New England bright and sunny again! :banana:

Hi everyone!!!

I can't believe it, but official pictures of the Disney Wedding Gowns are now available- http://disneybridal.com/

:dance3:

I'm sooo excited! I got the heads-up from my DFTW site coordinator earlier this week. I'm having the Simply Chic Couture wedding and had a few questions on the decor and bridal colors to match the collection, and she told me that she was taking my questions straight to David Tutera in NYC this weekend for the premiere of the Couture Collection dresses!

OMG they are all gorgeous!!!!! :woohoo:

Of course they only go up to size 14, but that gives me some "thin-spiration" to loose some more weight before the big day (in 2009- plenty of time!)

I just HAD to share them with all you ladies as soon as I saw them!

This definitely made this rainy and stormy Sunday in New England bright and sunny again! :banana:

They are much nicer than I envisioned. For some reason I expected them to be costumish-- but they are indeed very elegant and classy!

OMG, I can't see them :sad: Will someone post the pics on her, pretty please? That site exceeds my bandwidth on my handheld. Please???

I know what you mean, Maggimus! Clearly, they are all just "inspired" from the characters (and thank goodness for that!) Of course, I see a few that I like more than others, but really they are all very beautiful!

:( Something I just noticed. If you are a larger sized bride you can't wear these. This is really sad to me. I think they are really pretty.

OMG, I can't see them :sad: Will someone post the pics on her, pretty please? That site exceeds my bandwidth on my handheld. Please???

Sure! Here are a few:

CINDERELLA -
popbride_cn1.jpg

popbride_cn3.jpg

popbride_cn5.jpg

popbride_cn2.jpg

I agree, Laura! I think it's ridiculous! That irritated me as well!

I bet these things cost a LOT, but they are very pretty.

:( Something I just noticed. If you are a larger sized bride you can't wear these. This is really sad to me. I think they are really pretty.

I know what you mean... it upset me as well. I'm going to use it as inspiration to try to get down to a 14 before my wedding. Unfortunately, I have gotten used to not being able to wear a lot of clothes that are fashionable because of my size, so I guess it didn't shock me to see the couture line dresses to only go up to a 14. Sad, but true!

Not that I think it is right... I was a Women's and Gender Studies 2nd major in college and I have no problem going off about weight discrimination in the world today! :mad:

I have to say I'm a little dissappointed - I don't see the 'inspired' at all. It's like they said on well Ariel's a mermaid so her's will all be a mermaid or trumpet gown and Jasmine didn't wear ballgowns so she's bohemian. I don't see how they were inspired by the princesses at all IMO.

I was hoping maybe they would actually take inspirations from their movies, Ariel actually wore a ballgown to her wedding, I thought they would take it and modernize it (take away the puffy '90s sleeves for a start) but not at all close to what I expected. There is only one in there I would actually consider, It's a Cinderella, but I've others I like better.

I guess they were to afraid to resemble anything from the movies. Afraid of being too costumish. It's like they took gowns and said let's label this a Disney princess so it will appeal more to the fairytale bride.

A let down in my opinion, maybe they are better in person...

PrettyInTink- I did not see any Tink dresses... I don't know if those are the ones you were waiting for, but I'll post a few more pictures of the other princesses (just a sampling, there are like 6 dresses per princess)

JASMINE

popbride_jz3.jpg

popbride_jz2.jpg

popbride_jz1.jpg

ARIEL

popbride_ar3.jpg

popbride_ar5.jpg

popbride_ar1.jpg

BELLE

popbride_be5.jpg

popbride_be3.jpg

popbride_be1.jpg

Most of the dresses come in white, ivory, light gold, cream, and blush (depending upon the princess)

They are very pretty and elegant but I also agree on some I don't really see where the inspiration came from. My dress is more a cinderella dress then some of those under Cinderella. I still like them though and they know people will get them.

It is sad to me also. I have been working so hard to lose weight, and have actually lost 30 pounds since January... but, today I tried on my dress and my daughter took pictures of me in it. I was just stunned, I look awful. I have just cried and cried. I have actually decided to look for another dress.. saw this link and was excited. But, it just re-affirms my feelings that I am fat and ugly. :sad1:

Thanks for posting pics! Although I don't think my bones are a size 14 in formal wear, because ya know that really means a 10 or 12. You would think disney would make sure all brides could buy these. At any rate, I love the last cinderella one the most, but they are all gorgeous.

It is sad to me also. I have been working so hard to lose weight, and have actually lost 30 pounds since January... but, today I tried on my dress and my daughter took pictures of me in it. I was just stunned, I look awful. I have just cried and cried. I have actually decided to look for another dress.. saw this link and was excited. But, it just re-affirms my feelings that I am fat and ugly. :sad1:

I know your feeling there. I am so frustated because I haven't lost the weight I wanted to. I don't have time to get a new dress. My DF keeps telling me that he's sure I will look beautiful. But I hate how I look. Just wanted to know there are others that feel the same. Hugs..

Thanks for posting pics! Although I don't think my bones are a size 14 in formal wear, because ya know that really means a 10 or 12. You would think disney would make sure all brides could buy these. At any rate, I love the last cinderella one the most, but they are all gorgeous.

C2702 is one of my favorites too! :yay:

One word: Spanx. They make all the difference in the world. Don't be so hard on yourself! Pixie dust to you and congrats to losing 30lbs

They are beautiful dresses. But the only thing "princess inspired" that I see is the names of the collections. Truthfully, I'm disappointed. I thought they would be... I don't know... Something more, I guess.:confused3

They are beautiful dresses. But the only thing "princess inspired" that I see is the names of the collections. Truthfully, I'm disappointed. I thought they would be... I don't know... Something more, I guess.:confused3

I agree. They are all very pretty gowns, but I don't see much of the princesses they are named for in them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter