Kirstie Kelly for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings- THE DISNEY WEDDING GOWNS!!!!

I just read an article in USA Today entitled, "Disney, bridal designer team up." This article was about the new bridal collection.

I certainly hope the gentleman from Disney was misquoted because he just insulted my intelligence and the intelligence of my mother, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, neices, and daughter. Read on...

- - - - - - - -
Link to article: http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2007-04-17-disney-brides_N.htm?csp=34

Andy Mooney, chairman of Disney Consumer Products Worldwide, said that...

...blah...blah...blah...

But Disney's Mooney points out that a woman's first impression of love often comes from an animated character and it's hard to completely erase that from her mind. "If you think about who the first person who teaches you about love, romance and Prince Charming is, it probably happened between the ages of 2-5 and included Disney."

- - - - - - -

What planet is that guy from? I first learned of love from real people. My parents. My grandparents. My relatives. And my neighbors. An "animated character" was NOT where I learned about love, and may God strike me dead right now if that is not the truth.

So, Mr. Mooney, if you weren't misquoted, I'm sorry that you weren't raised by living, breathing human beings who showed you compassion and taught you how to love. I pity you, I really do.

And sadly, Mr. Mooney's comments have tainted the new bridal gown line for me. I hope the designer of the line doesn't share the same opinions of love as he does.

Throwing the "pity" card out there when your not even sure on the quote yourself is a little rough. I think his line is more misinterpreted than misquoted. Using the phrase "teaches" probably could have been changed but I thinks its obvious he was talking about a small childs first love, my niece adores Pluto right now, carries a stuffed animal of him everywhere. Before that it was Ariel. Did she learn to love these characters because of Disney? No, it was family that taught her how to love but it’s definitely an outlet for a young childs emotions. So I can see his point on how their is a carryover from childhood through adolescent to adulthood, frankly I find it a little refreshing in today’s world.

Throwing the "pity" card out there when your not even sure on the quote yourself is a little rough. I think his line is more misinterpreted than misquoted. Using the phrase "teaches" probably could have been changed but I thinks its obvious he was talking about a small childs first love, my niece adores Pluto right now, carries a stuffed animal of him everywhere. Before that it was Ariel. Did she learn to love these characters because of Disney? No, it was family that taught her how to love but it’s definitely an outlet for a young childs emotions. So I can see his point on how their is a carryover from childhood through adolescent to adulthood, frankly I find it a little refreshing in today’s world.

I agree, I don't think the purpose of the end of that Disney bridal article was to be insulting at all, and it it most certainly is a refreshing idea! While I also learned about love and how to love first from my parents, grandmother, aunts and uncles, and sister, I clearly remember being 4 years old and mesmorized by the movie Sleeping Beauty. I wanted to be Aurora and be able to kiss the Prince Phillip and become his princess. To this day, I still feel greatly influenced by Aurora, Snow White, and Cinderella, but especially from Belle, Jasmine, and Nala (Simba's "princess" in the Lion King) because those are films I went to go see in the theater when they were first shown to the public while I was in elementary school. The stories of romantic love, friendship, creativity, and life stuggles are what make Disney movies so special, especially while we are growing up.

Take DF's 5 year old niece for an example. When DF and I got engaged, she asked me if I was going to be his princess (never meantioned anything about being his wife). I thought it was the sweetest thing ever and it was refreshing that she got her childish ideas of romantic love from a Disney cartoon and not from some nasty song on the radio! (She could've just as easily asked me if I was going to be his "ho!") :rotfl:

Throwing the "pity" card out there when your not even sure on the quote yourself is a little rough.

According to USA Today, the quote came from Andy Mooney, chairman of Disney Consumer Products Worldwide. I searched to see if a retraction had been issued and none was to be found.

I stand by my original post. I learned about love from real life and the people who populate it – my family and my friends. I hope everyone is fortunate to have learned about love from their family and friends, too.

For those who want to see a video clip of the new wedding gowns in action, click here. That video is from a TV show that I am not familiar with but perhaps some of you are. Enjoy.

For those who want to see a video clip of the new wedding gowns in action, click here. That video is from a TV show that I am not familiar with but perhaps some of you are. Enjoy.

I love:love: the way the Cinderella, Jasmine, and Belle gowns look on the models. Im not too fond of the Snow White dress in this clip nor the Ariel dress. Both too plain!

Oh wow! That Cinderella dress is GORGEOUS on the host! I can't believe how nicely it flows... I've never seen a dress float so well before! I originally thought that I did not want a "poofy" princess style dress, but after seeing that one, I might just change my mind! :yay:

Ok, so I have to say I really like SOME of the Disney dresses. And I LOVED being able to see them in that clip so that you get an idea of how the dress moves and the train length, etc. However, one thing I do want to point out to everyone is that if you look at the disneybridal website, EVERY dress says it ranges in size from 0 - 24. Now then does that mean if you're a 24 it will fit you? Not necessarily because as we all know clothes are all made differently. Think about when you go to the mall; you may wear a size 16 or 18 in one outfit and have to have it in a 20 or 22 because of how it's made. But back on track, I REALLY like the Belle B2716 dress. It's so pretty!

I bought a Kirstie Kelly Disney Sleeping Beauty gown for my upcoming 2010 wedding. The design was exclusively worn on the runway, and it is not listed on the website.

I visited the Kirstie Kelly boutique in LA twice to try the different dresses, and I highly recommend that you see them in person (wherever they are available) before judging their beauty.

The fabrics are some of the best, silkiest and smoothest I saw at the different bridal stores I visited, and they have GORGEOUS crystals and embroidery on the gowns. It's absolutely a princess look, even with the "simple" dresses, and you can't take your eyes off of them.

Each dress also includes a built-in crinoline. The designs are not lacking in quality in any way, and I feel like you definitely get what you pay for. Kirstie Kelly is truly a perfect dress designer. :lovestruc

I agree with you about the quality. I tried on several other nicer designers, but i loved the quality of the kirstie kelly one that I choose. I just bought the cinderella c1001. I havent seen it on the site, but its beautiful. Simple, yet so luxiurious! I could just touch that fabric all day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter