Kirstie Kelly for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings- THE DISNEY WEDDING GOWNS!!!!

I know that this has been said already, but I wasn't able to post yesterday...I'm totally unimpressed with these gowns. They do look cheap, but that may very well be because of the size 00 model that is wearing them! If they had some REAL women wearing them, they might not look so bad. That said, those of you that are disappointed in the sizing, go take a look at the wedding dresses sticky...every single bride here has been able to find their "fairy tale" gown. Forget those "Disney" gowns! They're not even remotely Disney! We've all been able to find princessy dresses elsewhere...I wouldn't even waste a neuron worrying about those dresses...their loss... :)

I'm another who isn't very impressed with these gowns. They are pretty but there are alot more beautiful dresses out there. And the sizing, give me a break. Basically if you are bigger than a regular size 10 you'll never fit into one of those. I was shocked when I was measured a size 18 for my wedding dress and when it came in it fit almost perfect.

I thought I would be inn the minority - not being impressed with these gowns. I really did not think that they were anything special at all! Very simple and really representative of their princess. The dress I bought (Maggie Sottero) is way more princess like then these.

I would have to agree with the disappointed list! I think I liked maybe two of the dresses. Taking from what one of the other DISers said I think my dress is just as princesslike!. They aren't awful but I am not WOWed like I thought. :sad1:

I would say that all of you in the current planning stages should mention to your planners that the brides on these boards are OUTRAGED by the sizing!!!! That is the only way Disney will know it- whether they had any say or not, they can control Kristie Kelly and tell her that she needs to make larger sizes!!

I don't understand. On the disneybridal.com website, all of the dresses pictured had the same size range listed: 0-24. I haven't worked in a bridal shop in many, many years, but isn't that average for misses' bridal collections?

Looks like our prayers have been answered, ladies!!! :tink: All the dresses say 0-24!:cool1:

I hope I get to hear more positive things about these dresses now!!! hehehehe :woohoo:

Looks like our prayers have been answered, ladies!!! :tink: All the dresses say 0-24!:cool1:

I hope I get to hear more positive things about these dresses now!!! hehehehe :woohoo:

I personally love the dresses and would wear one. I love that they now have them in more sizes. To bad my wedding is in July.

Well I'm glad they're up to 24, but let's face it that'll fit like an 18. :/ Honestly I'll be disappointed with the wedding dress industry until they start making sizes bigger than a like, 28 (Even if it's just a few) that FIT like that.

But I'm currently bitter. I wear a 26/28. I had to buy a size 30 dress, have all the seams let out and I'm STILL 5 inches too big, so I have to lose 5 inches in my waist before August when my first official fitting will be. It really makes you feel like crap, especially when you envision trying on many dresses and looking beautiful and the seamstress looks at you and says "Well honey that's all I got. You've got one company to choose from."

Ladies, I see that there is a trunk show in my area near the end of May. If they're not readily available in stores by then, I'll DRAG DBf so I can check out the quality and report back!! :rotfl:

Now I do NOT want to get flamed here, but here goes: I am not skinny, never have been. While I am glad that Disney has opened the sizes up to a 24, a previous poster is complaining about the sizes still not being big enough. I don't think anyone should strive to be a size 2, but America as a whole needs a wakeup call. I recently stepped on a scale and saw some scary numbers: 278. It kicked my butt into high gear. The scale now says 265. I fear for my health as I was climbing up up up in numbers. I am committed to losing weight to a healthy weight. I want to look good for my VR, not miserable like I was when I got married (wt:245) Being fat is hard. It hurts. But it is something you have control over. I am just realizing that. So instead of complaining about there not being dresses big enough, save your own life and lose some weight. There is such thing as a healthy size 18. I have stopped making excuses and expecting everyone to cater to my pooh-sized rear and started trying to imagine how good I can look in my disney dream dress. No white business suits for me ladies!

Now I do NOT want to get flamed here, but here goes: I am not skinny, never have been. While I am glad that Disney has opened the sizes up to a 24, a previous poster is complaining about the sizes still not being big enough. I don't think anyone should strive to be a size 2, but America as a whole needs a wakeup call. I recently stepped on a scale and saw some scary numbers: 278. It kicked my butt into high gear. The scale now says 265. I fear for my health as I was climbing up up up in numbers. I am committed to losing weight to a healthy weight. I want to look good for my VR, not miserable like I was when I got married (wt:245) Being fat is hard. It hurts. But it is something you have control over. I am just realizing that. So instead of complaining about there not being dresses big enough, save your own life and lose some weight. There is such thing as a healthy size 18. I have stopped making excuses and expecting everyone to cater to my pooh-sized rear and started trying to imagine how good I can look in my disney dream dress. No white business suits for me ladies!

i think you make some incredibly wise points & i agree with you 100%

its all about health and feeling good

my dad just got dx w/diabetes & has to go on a special diet, plus all the other things that come with being overwieght.

im with you, its not about size 2,5,7,9 & so on but it is about your health

Pretty In Tink - My mom also has adult onset diabetes. She has struggled with her weight since she and my father divorced. Her knees are both going out and she limps - I feel badly for her but it all boils down to the fact that she is too heavy. My wedding gown was a size 12 - so no skinny minnie here! My jeans are really tight right now, because I have not really been working out since the wedding. So it is hard and it is a struggle but your health is important, and I want my mom to be here to be a grandmother!

Alisonswonderland, so true. I have a history of diabetes in my family also. I recently started having blood sugar issues and it scared the crap out of me. And BTW, you were the EPITOME of a perfectly healthy bride. I actually printed out a picture of you in your gown because I love your dress so much and you are such an inspiration. Trust me, don't buy bigger jeans. Get your butt in gear so you won't end up like me with a long road ahead. Try that dress on every once in a while to remind you where you've been. I love the Disney dresses, but theres not one on there prettier than yours!

allisonswonderland: im currently up to a 14,
i have been working out & eating right & the scale hasnt budged, but i feel awesome. Im like you guys & I worry about the future of my health.
Its better than doing nothing

Cyndi: you have such great positive energy...you rock!!!

rayanifoxmur: im sorry if your upset about the sizes of the dresses. I hope you are able to find your dream dress. Keep your chin up & stay positive. Our comments were not meant to offend or upset anyone but to show that we care about our Disers here. :hug:

its kinda interesting to see that the sizes online did change recently....do you think its cause they are aware of sites like ours & watch for input???

Allison- You carry your weight very well and definitely look like a skinny mini! I can guess that you are taller so naturally your size is very becoming on you!!

Cori, Allison and Cyndi- Im not a skinny mini either. And I REFUSE to buy bigger jeans. Dont ya just hate when they start feeling tight and you know they would fit better in a bigger size but you REFUSE to go there. So ive been trying to kick my own butt in gear as well. If I allow myself to buy those bigger jeans when will my cycle ever stop. I cannot speak on behalf of anyone elses experience other than my own-- and all i can say is that I, myself, will not go bigger.

As for bigger sizes, im glad disney is offering them now because I do agree with the new Dove campaign where the majority of Americans arent size 2's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter