Knotts going down hill

So would Knott's Berry Farm be good for two Adults to go and ride the Rollercoasters have a chicken dinner then go home then.

Sure, just eat a light dinner and ride those coasters. When you have to use the bathroom, then go home.

I just have to re iterate that when we went earlier this year the bathrooms were spotless. I don't know why but they were. You could smell the cleaning solution they were perfect. I'm sorry everyone else seems to have had trouble but we found it cleaner than Disney on our day there and I love Disney!!!

You know, I've heard for the last few years how Knott's has gone downhill in recent years. I was not very optimistic when my son decided he wanted to go for his birthday. He wanted to go on rollarcoaster type rides and I wanted to keep it cheaper.
We used the entertainment booklet, too. I was thrilled that DS2 was able to still qualify as a child at age 10. So many places cut him off at 9.
I was very pleasantly surprised. There were some rides and attractions I REALLY missed, including the homemade candy shop that used to be in the Roarin' 20's area, and the ice skating shows they used to have and that cute little ride---that they didn't have last time I was there either, but I LOVED it--with the bears and the jam/jelly. And, the theming really wasn't as much as it used to be. But, overall it was clean, the food was good (but a bit expensive) and there are a lot more rides than there were when I was there. We went on September 9, and there were almost no crowds. We virtually walked on rides.
I had heard issues concerning gangs, but I have to say most of the crowds we saw were families.
Maybe we were just there on a good day, but I enjoyed myself alot. DS plays there for band next spring and I'm planning to get an annual pass.

We go at Christmas every year when they do Toys for Tots. You bring in a new toy and get in free. They have the crafts festival and ice skating. We always have a good time and have never noticed that it was dirty or anything.

I remember the Ghost Town portion of Knott's Berry Farm. I am a little upset to see they have taken that out. Why take something out that holds so many memories? Well, that's what happens when new people come in and think they're being hip

The ghost town section is still there not sure why people are saying it was taken down. True it's now more of a thrill ride park than it was back in the good old days. Ghost rider coaster is a great ride. Out front they have removed some of the shops and put in a TGIF restaurant. Mine ride and log ride still there. We live so close to Knotts we hear the train blowing it's whistle. Oh and yes the train ride is still there. Going down hill from a small family run park, but not near as bad as some of these post suggest.

The Ghost town is still there... it is not gone, but the park itself has taken on a "any old amusement park" feel now... not totally lost the nostalgic feel of yesteryear, but defiantly more big-ride moneymaking mentality there.

I just hope they don't ever take out all the historical stuff in favor of more rides. but I fear it might come true. I mean... they are landlocked. they have city all around them and can't very easily expand the park. so... to put in more rides... things have to go. (not that they should... but that is the mentality it seems).

one thing that did GO was my Great Grandfather's clock that has been at the park for 50 years. We are in the process of restoring and preserving it outside of the park for the community to enjoy again...

dregerclock . org

Is the schoolhouse still there? Boot Hill? That "anti-gravity" shack? Those are the things I remember LOVING (and having to visit everytime) when we'd go every year.

Knott's Beary Tales changed into something really scary for Knott's Scary Farm. It was so fun to go be scared as a teenager in the earliest 80's.

I really wanted to introduce my kids to one of my favorite old haunts. and I reeeeally wanted a funnel cake but not after these reviews.

My family and I went to KBF this past Saturday. It was a spur of the moment thing...I happened to look at their website and it said there was a promo for military so we went. I don't know what I was thinking...for some reason I thought nobody would be there...yeah, right! It was crowded! From the moment we got there, we kept saying, "this is no d-land!"

The bathrooms were way dirty and the grounds were full of litter. :confused3
We waited almost two hours for the chicken restaurant and were dissapointed. The mashed potatoes were grainy/powdery like they were from a box and the chicken? Eh.

The schoolhouse was still there. I looked for the "shack" but couldn't find it. I remember that from when I was a kid.

I hadn't been there in about 15-18 years and don't think I will be back anytime soon! The only good thing was that it will make my trip to D-land that much better when I go in a few weeks! :cool1:

We went to Knott's last week...Tuesday, I believe. There may have been 500 hundred people in the park all day long. Everything was running and there were no lines for anything. That was nice, but I just didn't much care for Knott's this time.

Some observations: The schoolhouse was still there but no "leaning shack" anymore. Ghost Town still had plenty of stores to mill around in...the Log ride was still the way I remembered it, although the lumbermen at the beginning of the ride didn't move at all. Camp Snoopy was still charming and we enjoyed the new coaster in there. Ghostrider nearly through my husband's back out of whack. :lmao: He didn't remember it throwing him around so much last time he rode it, but he's 7 years older now then he was then. Bigfoot Rapids is so tame compared to Grizzly Rapids at DCA.

The younger generation who went with us enjoyed the park. They loved the new thrill rides.

Food is outrageously priced. I paid $12 for a yucky hot dog, fries and soda! :scared: Mrs. Knott's was packed, so I didn't go there, but later in the day we happened to see a Johnny Rockets and we loved that place. The quality and quantity of food was great and the service were all excellent. We paid the same amount of money as the hot dog joint, but had a much better experience.

Conclusion: If it's just DH and me...we'll skip Knott's next time. If there are younger people with us, we'll go again to please them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter