Knotts going down hill

We went a couple of weekends before Christmas because of Toys for Tots weekend--take a new toy, get in free. We've done that for a number of years. I've never found it to be dirty. Crowded, yes, because of everyone getting in free. But we went to see the ice show and the other shows and the crafts festival. The older boys did decide, though, they enjoyed DL more, possibly because of the long lines.

Growing up in southern California, Knotts has a special place in my heart. It must be difficult for them to compete with DL, which has diversified into so many areas that if one segment is having financial difficulty, the others will pull it through.

Woody

Growing up in southern California, Knotts has a special place in my heart. It must be difficult for them to compete with DL, which has diversified into so many areas that if one segment is having financial difficulty, the others will pull it through.

Woody

yes, but tourisim is at an all time high right now. Cedar Park who owns Knotts is in THAT Business! Also, If you are having money problems you don't cut costs on bathroom cleaning!

We were there with my 4 and 6-year old two years ago (2005). I hadn't been there in over 10 years and had very fond memories of Knott's, especially the Log Ride which along with Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion is in my top favorite rides of all time.

What we found was that the kids were the perfect age for Camp Snoopy. The Log Ride was just as I remembered it and my kids LOVED it (we had to ride it 3 times).

However what I also found was (as expected) my kids were not tall enough to ride all the coasters. We also found that the dining options inside the park are the worst I've ever seen at any theme park - yuk. And in general the place (as expected) is a far cry from the immaculate Disney parks - but the admission price is far lower (you get what you pay for.)

We will be back this Spring with the kids being 5-1/2 and 7 years old. I think Camp Snoopy will not be nearly as exciting for them, and they are still not tall enough for all the coasters. Combined with the other comments here, I think going to Knott's this year would be a waist of time and money. Knott's really is kind of a pit when you really examine it. The Log Ride is almost worth the price of admission - almost. I think we are better off staying later on our final third day at Disneyland and spending the money saved for a nice dinner in Downtown Disney.

We went to KBF in Dec 2006 and found it really dirty, poor customer service, etc. There was barf that no employee would clean (and it smelled really bad), there were trash cans turned over in line for the rides and when we told the employee's they just shrugged. Overall I was very disappointed and will never go back. My kids and husband wanted to leave too.

You know what is interesting is that an increasing number of people are becoming "Internet Savvy" using it as a major tool for information such as reviews of hotels, theme parks, etc. What baffles me is these establishments apparently don't treat the various major opinion forums around the Internet as important because if they did, they'd change. I've noticed the hotels, especially the small boutique ones, with the best reviews are typically ones that read and usually participate in the forums. Someone from Knotts needs to get a clue.

You would think someone in charge would try and make it better. I was really looking forward to going because I had never been before.

The only time I really visit knotts is for KNOTTS SCARY FARM during halloween. Or sometimes i'll find some killer deals on ticket prices. It's worth a visit every once in a while!

I just went to Knotts last Wed. and it was great. I didn't see anything dirty. The restrooms were dated but sparkling clean. The staff was amazing. They were so nice and outshined Disney cast members on this trip. We had a ton of interaction with them and everyone was just incredible.

I just went to Knotts last Wed. and it was great. I didn't see anything dirty. The restrooms were dated but sparkling clean. The staff was amazing. They were so nice and outshined Disney cast members on this trip. We had a ton of interaction with them and everyone was just incredible.

How much did Knotts pay you for writing that? :) Just kidding. Glad to here it wasn't dumpy. How old are you and the rest of the people in your party and what were the specific highlights of your visit? Did you eat there and if so where and how did you like it?

Thanks

Knotts didn't pay me anything but maybe I should ask them to?:)
We rode all the rides in Camp Snoopy multiple times with out having to get off. We rode some of the coasters that I can not remember the names of right now(jet lag) and rode the Galloping Goose in the front with a very informative operator. Rode the coal mining ride with some very nice young men running it. Went through the Ghost Town and met some great employees there. We ate at Johnny Rockets and it was good with a good waitress. We also ate at the Chicken Dinner which was good but I'll say I prefer KFC's chicken but the Service was very good. Thats all I can think of right now.

I was there a few weeks ago, and wasn't as impressed as I was on my last visit(about 10 years ago). I know it's the off season, but does that mean you have to have half the rides closed down at one time? I don't understand how they can charge full price when you're only getting half the park. And like many other posters have said, it was very dirty and the employees gave off a bad vibe(maybe it's just because I'm comparing them to Disney Cast Members). It was still fun though, the rides that were working are top notch.

I am so glad I read this post. I was debating between here or Leggoland for the kids. I knew ds would enjoy LL as he is going to be 4 but I so loved the ghost town when I was there 11 years ago with dd. I will know do LL and not give it a second thought.

I was just there a couple weeks ago. Sure, it doesn't compare Disney when it comes to being a theme park, but we had a blast. I think it is definitely missing rides for kids 6-8 or 9 who are not tall enough to ride the roller coasters, and too big for Camp Snoopy. The roller coasters are super fun and it is a cheap admission. The park in general was pretty clean. The staff was definitely not the same caliber as CM are, but, they weren't horrible.

We also LOVED the chicken strips. They were so yummy. My friends and I were commenting how the food was so much better and cheaper than Dland. LOL I guess everyone is different. I will admit to buying a pretzel that was pretty nasty, but the chicken, funnel cake and cotton candy was yummy! I would agree it's a much different place than it used to be.

We haven't gone there inside the park in years because it started getting bad way back then. We still like to go down to the chicken restaurant every so often though, and then browse through all of the outside shops. But then, we did that a lot even when the park was of a good quality just because it was an inexpensive, fun thing to do. I do have to say though, that even the outside shops aren't as good as they used to be, which is a shame. The Snoopy shop went in a few years back, which was an improvement though.

:confused: Man I am bummed!! I went on the Knotts web-site and the hotel looks great, I had heard alot of negative things about Knotts but was not sure if the people I Know were just bashing it:confused3 . Is it really that bad, look at the web site, everything looks great! I posted a thread befor I ran across this one, but I am interested to see if anyone has stayed at their hotel:thumbsup2

was not sure if the people I Know were just bashing it

I don't think so. I LOVED this park as a kid (back in the 60s), but wouldn't go now. I would guess if you had never experienced Knotts as it used to be, it might not be as disappointing.

While growing up in Southern Cal during the 80's, Knott's was my favorite park! After reading this thread and visiting it a couple years back (can't remember when but the Supreme Scream has just opened) I don't think I will go back! I was upset to find out that they had taken out the Soap-Box Derby racers.

I remember when KNott's was free admission, you only paid for each ride back in the 60s. I think it started going downhill after the Knott family stopped running it.

I remember the great Steakhouse they used to have. The last time we were there, in 2001, the Chicken Dinner restaurant was still good, especially for breakfast. But he whole park looked "tired", much like most of the Six Flags. It never looked that way before. Cedar Fair/Cedar Park management doesn't seem to be an improvement.

Knotts was a big disappointment, very run down. Only go if you like the wilder coasters, no atmosphere at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter