Large group wants to dine together, but not use same credit card for reservation

Pink Partridge

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 5. We want to dine at Tusker House with a family of 6. But when we make the reservation, each family wants to do it on their own....but for the same time.

We don't want all 11 to be on one credit card hold in case last minute issues arrive. I don't want to have to look into collecting $60 for 6 no shows if their kids get sick.

Is it possible to link us together once we have made the reservations for the same time? Will it be a problem to seat us together?

Maybe? That is a big group. Show up early and they will do their best

Be aware you will have an auto 18% gratuity added to each bill. Standard for parties over 6

If you have one adr, as long as a single person shows up there is no penalty for a reduced party count.

If you have one adr, as long as a single person shows up there is no penalty for a reduced party count.

Really?? I did not know this.

So if we make reservations at Yachtsman Steakhouse for 11 and only 5 of us show up, we don't have to pay the $60 for the no shows? This is tremendous news!! Thank you.

Can confirm the reduced party count. I'm a frequent solo diner, but make reservations for 2 people. A couple of reasons why. I have friends in the area and want them to be able to join if they can last minute. And some places don't have reservations for solo diners. I have never once had a problem with saying it was just me. No penalties or anything. So it may actually be easier to make just one reservation in case someone has to back out last minute. They wouldn't have to pay the penalty unless no one showed up. (Though it would be courteous to give them a heads up if there's a big change to your party count.)

Yeah, I made a bunch of reservations for 7 last year at my 180 mark in case my sister and her family decided to come. We wound up only being a party of 4 and I completely forgot about it until I checked in at the first restaurant. No problem and no charges for the 3 no-shows. I did try to update the rest of my ADRs to 4 after that, but it wasn't always possible and I just let the restaurant know at check in.

My suggestion would be try to make one ADR and use one credit card to hold the ADR and as long as at least 1 out of the 11 people show up there will be no fee for no shows.

Otherwise you can book 2 ADR's but they may or may not be able to seat you together.

Really?? I did not know this.

So if we make reservations at Yachtsman Steakhouse for 11 and only 5 of us show up, we don't have to pay the $60 for the no shows? This is tremendous news!! Thank you.
also keep in mind that sometimes it easier to make reservations for 12 than 11. seems to be something in system that likes even numbers over odd. same is true about if some show no charge for the no shows, just charged if all do not show

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter