Lasseter Taking Sabbatical over "Missteps"

He's also seriously stupid for doing that to Rashida Jones if it is true. She's very well-connected to say the least. Makes one wonder what he was doing to other people

with all the reports I think he is done, and the fact that some in management had to know (per the "we had to crop a photo" story) I could see more heads rolling ... and this coupled with the Yee Haw Bob story (if true) I could see Iger going too for allowing a culture that permitted it
1. What does this do to Disney animation/Pixar as a whole?

2. I’m skeptical about the YeeHaw Bob story at least a lot more than this.

3. Do we know Iger knew?

1. What does this do to Disney animation/Pixar as a whole?
definitely creates a vacuum - those types of people that have the vision and can rally others to that vision are hard to come by. Hopefully they can find someone to really own it from a creative standpoint rather than someone more focused on the fiscal side

2. I’m skeptical about the YeeHaw Bob story at least a lot more than this.
I agree, but still not good to have multiple stories out there - sometimes perception is reality

3. Do we know Iger knew?
we don't but it's like at a big time university when there are issues within the athletic program the president sometimes takes the fall for allowing that type of culture to persist. Not saying it will happen - but this is a pretty senior person, for Bob to not have any idea?

I actually think John's letter to the company was one of the better apologies we have seen in this whole misconduct thing throughout Hollywood. He did talk about learning from mistakes and said he will take this time to do better.
You have got to be joking.

The whole thing is very self-serving.

Specifically this:
My hope is that a six-month sabbatical will give me the opportunity to start taking better care of myself, to recharge and be inspired, and ultimately return with the insight and perspective I need to be the leader you deserve.

He makes it sound like he's overtired or something and that's what caused his horrendous behavior.

Specifically this:
My hope is that a six-month sabbatical will give me the opportunity to start taking better care of myself, to recharge and be inspired, and ultimately return with the insight and perspective I need to be the leader you deserve.

He makes it sound like he's overtired or something and that's what caused his horrendous behavior.
I didn’t say he was innocent. I said that I feel this is one of the better statements made following something like this.

definitely creates a vacuum - those types of people that have the vision and can rally others to that vision are hard to come by. Hopefully they can find someone to really own it from a creative standpoint rather than someone more focused on the fiscal side

I agree, but still not good to have multiple stories out there - sometimes perception is reality

we don't but it's like at a big time university when there are issues within the athletic program the president sometimes takes the fall for allowing that type of culture to persist. Not saying it will happen - but this is a pretty senior person, for Bob to not have any idea?
Personally I think animation takes a hit.

I don’t think the YeeHaw Bob story is really mainstream. No media outlets seemed to pick up on it at least on the Disney community.

I agree with your last point however I feel we don’t know what Bob all knew and what he didn’t. Disney is also much larger than a university. I don’t think Bob will fall for this.

Hey all I haven't been on in awhile because my post trip depression is...very very real this trip.
However, twitter alerted me so here I am. HOLY COW! This could be a very big change for Disney.

Also naturally I am very disappointed and upset about Lassiter. Here I was thinking of getting my dad a pirates Lassiter shirt for christmas and he goes and does this!

Sorry but duh?

What I am saying is everyone who has been caught hasn't exactly given a letter this. Am I saying he should automatically be forgiven? No. I am saying I feel he is owning up to it more than some others who have caught.

I totally understood what you meant. People like to be obtuse with stuff like this.

I didn’t say he was innocent. I said that I feel this is one of the better statements made following something like this.

That's b/c everyone's statements have been horrendous...being the best of the worst is not a good thing...

No, his statement should have said...
"I was wrong. 100% wrong. I am guilty of everything I am accused of. I am willing to stand trial for my crimes both civilly and criminally. I will pay whatever restitution and serve whatever time my crimes deserved. I feel so, so sorry for the pain and anguish I have inflicted on so many. I can never take back that caused pain, but I can work, for the rest of my life, to try to make the lives of my victims and other victims of similar abuse better. That will never be enough."

That's a good statement...that's one I'll believe that someone wants to repent vs trying to get ahead of getting outed...

Personally I think animation takes a hit.

I don’t think the YeeHaw Bob story is really mainstream. No media outlets seemed to pick up on it at least on the Disney community.
I think the allegations against YeeHaw Bob are totally different than the allegations made against Lasseter. Lasseter seems to have many witnesses over a number of years and this story has traction. Just did a quick google search and tons of news sites are picking up this story. YeeHaw Bob Story is mostly unknown outside of some of the forums and there only seems to be one accuser.

Specifically this:

Also reads like what a number of others do that they make it about themselves and what they can learn and grow from - like this is just another hurdle for them to overcome .... and not nearly enough about the actual victims whose life best were way more negatively impacted

I think the allegations against YeeHaw Bob are totally different than the allegations made against Lasseter. Lasseter seems to have many witnesses over a number of years and this story has traction. Just did a quick google search and tons of news sites are picking up this story. YeeHaw Bob Story is mostly unknown outside of some of the forums and there only seems to be one accuser.

Definitely not of the same scale or anything - just saying if both are true and both were occurring at the same time it adds to the view of Disney under Iger allowing a culture like this to exist

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter