Layoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok if you say so. If your fine with cheap labor and lack of worker rights that's on you. But I feel for the younger generation who may suffer in the declining workforce.

Was Disney forced to shut down in 2015 when they layed off 300 IT workers and replaced them with cheap foreign labor. Good paying American jobs gone to H-1B visas. Yep need that union😛

More likely that this would have happened sooner if those employees were unionized because Disney would have seen the obvious cost savings sooner.

Or simply moved the entire IT operation overseas.

Unions being involved do not change business needs. They often make the situation worse.

Ok if you say so. If your fine with cheap labor and lack of worker rights that's on you. But I feel for the younger generation who may suffer in the declining workforce.
There seems to be this idea that society is responsible for supporting citizens. . If a company isn't paying a "living wage" find a new job.
Right now, there is a growing need for skilled labor: plumbers, electricians, carpenters. Why not find find a job that offers training and a living wage?
Personally, I would have loved to be a a full time CM, but I knew I would never be able to support myself. So I found a job that pays enough to support my trips to Disney.

There seems to be this idea that society is responsible for supporting citizens. . If a company isn't paying a "living wage" find a new job.
Right now, there is a growing need for skilled labor: plumbers, electricians, carpenters. Why not find find a job that offers training and a living wage?
Personally, I would have loved to be a a full time CM, but I knew I would never be able to support myself. So I found a job that pays enough to support my trips to Disney.
Do we really live in a society anymore lol

Unions were also responsible for the decline in American car manufacturing. Unions keep members by making sure their members are discontent with their working conditions. After all, a happy union worker isn't going to demand more from their employer and continue paying their union dues.

You do not have to pay to be part of a Disney union.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter