• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier new menu? OFFICIAL New Menu Discussion

Hmm...so this whole lunch meat vs. dinner meat is really making me wonder which ADR to keep. Perhaps I should just NIX LeCellier all together and do Yachtsman? I don't like the idea of being right on top of other diners either. Ughhhhh :(

LILANDVISMA, I agree completely! That is why I cancelled dinner at LC for our trip after reading how close the tables are. For 2 TS Credits, I want the experience to be just that. We booked Yachtsman which has ALWAYS been 2 TS credits and much roomier. I REALLY struggled with the decision, but feel confident our time together to talk and enjoy each other is more important that the "hype". Just MHO.

We did the same! Cancelled our reservation and will eat at SSR instead. We wanted to try Artist Palate, but it was unavailable.:confused3

LILANDVISMA, I agree completely! That is why I cancelled dinner at LC for our trip after reading how close the tables are. For 2 TS Credits, I want the experience to be just that. We booked Yachtsman which has ALWAYS been 2 TS credits and much roomier. I REALLY struggled with the decision, but feel confident our time together to talk and enjoy each other is more important that the "hype". Just MHO.

Oddly enough, as in my experience as above...the reason the manager mentioned when explaining why the wait staff had reached in front of me to place my husbands appetizer and entree in front of him was because the space behind him--between our table and that behind us--was tight. So Yachtsman tables can indeed be tight also!!!! That said...as I have also stated here..the 2 times we ate at LC last week we had plenty of room between us and those around us. I guess there can be tight spots in both restaurants....

:confused3

Hmm...so this whole lunch meat vs. dinner meat is really making me wonder which ADR to keep. Perhaps I should just NIX LeCellier all together and do Yachtsman? I don't like the idea of being right on top of other diners either. Ughhhhh :(

We took my Father in law and brother in law to Yachtsman last October, and they absolutely loved it. we were able to talk quietly at our table without the noise. This was me and DHs 2nd dinner there and preferred it much more than LeCelliers. Tables weren't crowded at all. It's also fun to stroll along the boardwalk to work off some dinner.

We did the same! Cancelled our reservation and will eat at SSR instead. We wanted to try Artist Palate, but it was unavailable.:confused3

Artists Palette is a counter service. No reservations can be made for a counter service. The TS restaurant at SSR is called the Turf Club.

I've never eaten at Artist Point but we were at the hotel this weekend while it was closed and went to look at the restaurant. The host saw us looking and since it was empty to go in an look around. We ate lunch at LC the next day. I can't believe that the two restaurants could both be on the same level. LC is cramped and cavelike. While good and special in its own way I don't think LC compares just in atmosphere alone to be a 2 credit. Just my opinion from appearance and seating arrangement.

I think you mean Artist Point, which is the signature restaurant at Wilderness Lodge. You might try again to make the reservations.

Am I the only one laughing at the kids dinner menu changes? The meaty macaroni meal that cost $8.99 at lunch will now cost $16 at dinner ($3 for the soup, $7 for the pasta and $6 for the ice cream sundae?)

Filets are always tasteless. That's why they get doused in sauces all the time.

Try a ribeye. ;)

Apparently you have never been to a saltgrass. :) They make one awesome filet! :thumbsup2 And it has a wonderful flavor. At least here in Texas.

Are you from the Dallas area? I agree Saltgrass has the best steaks around. Nothing at WDW compares to them. Give me a good ole Texas steak any day.:rotfl: Not quite in the same category, but we have a Logan's near us that has steaks that can compete for any at WDW too and at about 1/2 the price. For lunch the other day I got a really good filet with grilled shrimp, mushrooms, and mashed potatoes for $19.99. It was better than the $39.00 mushroom filet I got at Le Cellier in Dec and it came with an additional vegetable. The filet had a wonderful smokey grilled flavor. Nothing against our neighbors to the north, but I just can't see where Canadian beef would be worth paying that much more for than our good ole American beef.

From what others have posted on here, the meats were from Australia on the old menu and are still from Australia on the lunch menu. Not sure if that's true or not? But I'm with you, give me some good ole corn fed USDA beef.

Beef is not necessarily corn fed here in the states. And Canadian Beef is pretty darn good!

(My family owns a farm & ranch in Montana - no corn at the farm and none fed to the cattle - and they are tasty, I sample them myself :thumbsup2)

Beef is not necessarily corn fed here in the states. And Canadian Beef is pretty darn good!

(My family owns a farm & ranch in Montana - no corn at the farm and none fed to the cattle - and they are tasty, I sample them myself :thumbsup2)

I've been to many locations in Canada and could not tell the difference from a dead cooked Canadian cow on my plate from that of a dead cooked U.S. cow on my plate. :lmao:

Well I can tell you first hand the 'signature' steak I had at LC last week beat the 'signature' at Yachtsman! Sooo....it is what it is I am afraid for me.

An animal can be hit and miss of course..I realize that.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter