• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier new menu? OFFICIAL New Menu Discussion

The previous poster who put up the dinner photos noted that the bread hasn't changed.

I think the duck looks pretty good. I hate eggs (way too many egg-centric dishes now) and don't like lobster so that one didn't interest me. But the poutine looks a bit more "authentic" than the great big macho cheese fries we got at lunch.

The pics also answer my question about the tartare, I'd always thought that you couldn't serve raw meat in Florida and that tartare does look like it was a bit cooked.
That may have been true prior to refridgeration but now many Florida offer seom type of tartare, or carpacio. Yachtsmen, Chulas and Le Cellier are just a few. The partially cooked appearance comes from the vinegar in the vinaigrette that seasons the beef.

But the poutine looks a bit more "authentic" than the great big macho cheese fries we got at lunch.
From my early years enjoying roadside poutine in Canada, I don't know how traditional this new poutine is, but Le Cellier had me at red wine reduction!

As far as the lobster and egg combo, it's an upscale twist on a salad nicoise, tuna, hard boiled eggs, haricot vert, tomatoes, capers, vinaigrette etc. They go quite well together, that it if you like hard boiled eggs!

I'm excited about the new menu items however no one as mentioned whether there is a true difference in the taste and the quality of the new "Canadian" beef?

We had dinner at Le Cellier at 2/25 which was right before they changed the menu to the 2 table service menu. I have to say that I was disappointed with this meal.
No complaints at all regarding the food - it was delicious and just as I have always remembered it. We ordered the Fillet with mushroom risotto and our server assured us that it will not change once the menu changed, we also ordered appetizer sampler out of pocket which included the heirloom tomato salad, the cheddar cheese soup, and crab cakes. Everything tasted wonderful but what we didn't like at all is that we felt rushed. The main course was brought while we were still eating our appetizer, and the check was brought while we were eating our dessert. We found that to be very bad form, and compared the feeling to the one we had while eating at California Grill a few days before, where we had a nice leisurely meal (2 table service), and never got one course served before the other. We said to each other, that Le Cellier, will have to modify the service especially if they will be charging more for the meal. I think of a cheap diner where they give the check before you ask for it, but never in an upscale restaurant. I can't blame the server, because she was very nice and is probably pressured to turn tables over fast.

Has anyone had similar experience now that the dinner is 2 table service?

The main course was brought while we were still eating our appetizer, and the check was brought while we were eating our dessert. Has anyone had similar experience now that the dinner is 2 table service?
Yes, twice before, what time were you there? I found that this happeded when we ate between the 5pm to 7pm area. I've had much better service and had a more leisurely and quiet meal at Le Cellier making ADR's no earlier than 8 or 8:15! I've seen the Fireworks enough times that I can skip them to get a nice meal!

So is the raspberry shake shown in the picture above included as a drink on the dining plan?

I had the raspberry shake as a drink before the menu changed and the price went up, so I can't see why they won't still let it count as a drink on the dining plan.

My most sincere apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but I can't take the time just now to read the whole thread. Are they serving the pretzel bread at lunch or just dinner?

I'm excited about the new menu items however no one as mentioned whether there is a true difference in the taste and the quality of the new "Canadian" beef?

Please see the post below from a pp. Judging on this, I have to agree with him/her and say that WDW is blowing a whole lot of smoke up the proverbial backside if it's trying to claim the beef is better than before. IMHO, all I see is a more expensive price for the same thing with a few added dishes and a few others removed. :confused3

Just so you all don't get fooled by their "Canadian AAA" beef description, it's exactly the same as our USDA Choice cuts (which is what you find in most grocery stores)

beefqu11.jpg

It's just a way for Disney to try to pull the wool over your eyes or make you think you're getting a better cut of meat than you were getting before. It's not....it just cost a lot more now.:confused3

Thanks for posting this and I agree. :thumbsup2

****** For those of you who love Le'Cellier this is in no way attempting to insult your tastes or your liking of Le'Cellier. While you are emphatic with your love of this place, I am as equally emphatic with my very average experience with Le'Cellier. Perhaps my attitude is somewhat opinionated by what happened during my visit that was not food related. I always felt I would give it another chance someday, but not a chance using 2ts, and I don't like to make my big meal of the day a lunch in the middle of the day.

Could someone tell me for sure if the cream cheese mashed potatoes are still on the LUNCH menu? Thanks

Had another great dinner at Le Cellier. We had another awesome server, Darcie, and once again we enjoyed everything. I decided to try some items I haven't had before, so here they are:

Crab and Heirloom Apple Salad with Celeriac Remoulade, Lemon Oil, Radishes and Micro Celery - I liked it a lot because it tasted like a fresh, deconstructed crab cake without the breading (which is my least favorite part):

IMG_8343.jpg

Pacific King Salmon with Parsnip Puree, Braised Greens, Pickled Pearl Onions and Mustard Sauce - I really don't like salmon, so I wanted to see if Le Cellier could make salmon that I enjoy. I was highly impressed. The salmon was cooked perfectly (medium, as recommended) and it didn't have an overly fishy flavor. The mustard sauce had a ton of flavor (which is why there wasn't so much on the plate). The sides also worked really well with the salmon. I would definitely order this again:

IMG_8345.jpg

For dessert, we shared the trio of chocolate, which includes Chocolate Almond Cake, Chocolate Sorbet, and Canadian Club Chocolate Mousse. I liked all three - the almond layer was creamy, the sorbet was icy and cool, and the mousse was soft. I think my favorite was the mousse on the right:

IMG_8347.jpg

I also tried the tangerine rooibos tea. I love rooibos (which is becoming increasing common among the signatures), and the tangerine added an interesting citrus flavor to it.

Overall, after three consecutive dinners, I'm very happy with the new Le Cellier menu. The food has been consistently great, and there was a noticeable improvement from my Le Cellier lunch in January. Not being a huge steak person, I'm very impressed that I was happy with my three non-steak entrees (duck, cod, and salmon). The service was always great, and we never felt rushed (which seems to be a complaint about pre-signature Le Cellier).

Le Cellier definitely compares to the signatures now. In fact, the other night we had a dinner at Jiko (our previous favorite); the food was inconsistent and service was subpar. Also, when we were here two months ago, we had a disappointing meal at Citricos (one of our former favorites) and an okay meal at Artist Point (another former favorite). So Le Cellier has definitely earned its place as a true favorite for us (after several years of avoiding it).

I hope some people here choose to give Le Cellier dinner a chance. No, some of your old favorites might be missing (that's not unusual for signature restaurants; the menu rotates and dishes change), but I think the new menu is a great combo of old and new. For the record, Le Cellier was still very busy during dinner, and everyone around me was happy with their food. So while some people might stop coming because of the price increase (or credit increase), I think the food quality will more than compensate for that. If not, then Le Cellier dinner might become one of those awesome gems where I can usually get a reservation (like Brown Derby).

Since the meat isn't even Prime, now I'm sure Le Cellier will be no threat to Shula's.

And if this is better quality meat, what were they serving before???

But again, if you happen to be in Epcot and are looking for a good meal, Le cCllier should be fine.

My most sincere apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but I can't take the time just now to read the whole thread. Are they serving the pretzel bread at lunch or just dinner?

Was at LC for lunch yesterday..pretzel bread still served. Had the burger which was delicious...DH had the Shaved steak sandwich and DD had mussels and filet. DH and I had the cheddar cheese soup of course to start.

Have been at Disney a week, so far the 2x I have been to LC have been without a doubt the BEST meals we have had!:thumbsup2

Had another great dinner at Le Cellier. We had another awesome server, Darcie, and once again we enjoyed everything. I decided to try some items I haven't had before, so here they are:

Crab and Heirloom Apple Salad with Celeriac Remoulade, Lemon Oil, Radishes and Micro Celery - I liked it a lot because it tasted like a fresh, deconstructed crab cake without the breading (which is my least favorite part):

IMG_8343.jpg

I'm not a big eater. On the most part, I think the portions are WDW are ridiculous. That said, I kept strolling past this pic. looking for the appetizer. Is the portion as meager as it looks? The other appetizer pics, from the new menu, look like a perfect portion size. This is laughable though. It looks more like garnish, than an appetizer. Am I missing something? :rotfl:

I didn't think it was a small portion - like the lobster salad, it was served on a very long plate, and the lumpy pieces of crab are all hidden under the greens.

is LC worth the $$ OOP???

In my opinion if your a beef eater then no way. Le'Cellier when it was a 1ts restaurant was offering USDA Choice. Now that it's a Signature it is now offering Canada AAA, which is the equivalent of..... you got it, USDA Choice. WDW can call it whatever they want, but the quality of the beef is the same thing, at least with the popular mushroom fillet, but is now more money (or credit). There are other signatures that offer a better cut of beef for the same money.:confused3

Now if you like the other dishes on the menu perhaps yes. But I'll still take Narcoossee's, Jiko, California Grill, Yachtsman and Citrico's any day over Le'Cellier and it's "tweaked" menu. Again, JMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter