• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier new menu? OFFICIAL New Menu Discussion

I dont' get the love some people have for this place! I have only been once back in 2008. I had the filet and honestly I have gotten a better steak at Cracker
Barrel before. It was dry and tasteless. My DH thought the same about his.

There is no problem sharing at LC if you pay OOP correct?

Meaning can I order 4 steak dinners to feed my family of 7 (some are littler ones).

I dont' get the love some people have for this place! I have only been once back in 2008. I had the filet and honestly I have gotten a better steak at Cracker
Barrel before. It was dry and tasteless. My DH thought the same about his.

Filets are always tasteless. That's why they get doused in sauces all the time.

Try a ribeye. ;)

It is my understanding they are gone period....not at dinner or lunch. Sorry.

It's listed on the recently updated menus on allears.net as a side dish. Lunch only.

Also, I read a post on this thread that someone was told on the phone they were gone from the menu, could be they meant dinner, because then someone who had actually been there for lunch
on the 5th said they were still on.

:confused3

Filets are always tasteless. That's why they get doused in sauces all the time.

Try a ribeye. ;)

You need to try some better filets, friend ;). If I get a filet that requires a sauce to eat it, I send it back. That being said, my family and I have had the filet a number of times at this location and have enjoyed it each time. Maybe we've been luckier than some, or simply easier to please :confused3.

We were there for lunch today. Suprising how small the restaurant is. I wonder if that's why its so hard to get a reservation there rather than the food quality. Our server was wonderful. We checked in at 2:15 for 2:40, fully prepared to wait and were seated in 5 minutes. Our table for 2 was 1/2 booth, up against a wall and my DH was chair to chair with the round table next to him.

The prix fixe menu is still there and the lunch menu is exactly the same as before. Our server said it was staying that way but the hostess said that would change in September.

We shared a cup of soup which was very salty. We also got just pretzel bread sticks which we had as take-out a couple months ago. They seemed different, richer and somewhat buttery and darker. Good but rich.

We both had the filet, me with risotto, my DH with the sour cream mashed potatoes. They're still there. Those are really rich potatoes, very good but can't imagine eating a whole serving. I am very sensitive to salt and didn't find my meal very salty at all. It was very good.

I asked if there's different grade meat at lunch and dinner and my server confirmed that Canadian beef is served at dinner and not at lunch. I asked if it was Australian beef and she said that it was last she knew but wasn't sure it still was. It did taste like it. In NJ, Australian beef is generally $2 - 3 less a pound.

It was a very good meal, but I don't think the small meal, in a cramped place was worth $28 much less more at dinner.
Really happy I went but won't be going back. Too many other places to try.

Thanks for your review SweetSpot. I'm so glad to hear that the Prix Fix menu is still available.
Enjoy the rest of your trip. (btw, how are the crowds for you?)

Ok, I'm sure this has been answered somewhere on here, but I couldn't find it. What is going on with the menu listing on Disney's website? They have both a Prix Fixe menu listed as well as just a normal dinner menu. The prix fixe menu isn't looking all that great to me, and if that's what I'm going to end up with for our ADR, I'm thinking I should change my reservations. We have an ADR for Friday, May 6 @ 8:35 pm...how am I suppose to know which menu to look forward to?

Thanks for your review SweetSpot. I'm so glad to hear that the Prix Fix menu is still available.
Enjoy the rest of your trip. (btw, how are the crowds for you?)

I wanted to be sure to add, the prix fixe is only still there for lunch. Gone for dinner.

The crowds were terrible at Epcot. I was shocked. We had EMH and there are some senior trips, a cheer leading competition, etc. but still very crowded I thought. Much more crowded than early December.

Interesting, Australian beef at lunch and Canadian beef at dinner, does anyone else find this rather odd? :confused3

I've always enjoyed Le Cellier, actually since it opened, through the changes, other than the price, I'm sure Il'l still enjoy it this June!

Ya know i originally was so curious about all this change to LC but i am going back in May and will just find out once and for all. I will for sure post what the outcome is and of course take pics of the food. That is what i am most curious about We could debate all day is it worth 2? Should i go for Lunch ? PF menu's? I am sure it is still a wonderful restaurant and if i am not happy with it i will not go back.

I guess where in the past Dinner ADR's were almost next to impossible to get if you didn't call 180 days and you were lucky to have to settle for a Lunch ADR, the Reverse will now happen with price increase

Yeah.. kind of a bummer, as a matter of fact I am on researching restaurants because I don't think Le Cellier is worth two dinner credits!

Our table for 2 was 1/2 booth, up against a wall and my DH was chair to chair with the round table next to him.

Well, guess that answered the question if the tables were still crammed together! My DH and I got one of the dinky tables in the middle of the room, and I swear just 6 inches separated us from the next dinky table for two. We were all wearing our "Just Married" buttons and congratulated each other...and commented about the close proximity to the tables. We ended up talking with each other all evening and bought each other drinks. The other couple got married on the same day we did :hug: and the husband was a cop just like my DH.

Anyway, it turned into a lovely evening (except we were freezing because it had rained all day and the air was blasting)....we just about pulled the tables together, they were that close, and we were visiting anyway!

After looking at both menus, and being that lunch is booked, we have a 4:40 reservation to celebrate my BF's birthday. I have already figured the expense into the spending money and I have come to terms with the fact that the price of this dinner will likely cost more than we spend on food in a week at home. But this is our first time so we'll splurge!
Anyway! I have a question about the filet, are the mushrooms big so they can be removed if someone doesn't like mushrooms? and in the mushroom risotto, are there big mushrooms in this as well or are they mushed up?
$9 for a cup of soup!!!!!!!??? Are they crazy? $9 is how much you can get a good steak, potatoes, salad, and veg at home. But after reading all the reviews, it looks like I'll be the crazy one paying that insane amount for SOUP.:rotfl:

You can ask to have the mushrooms left off the filet and to substitute some other side for the mushroom risotto (they will substitute something that is offered as a side with other entrees but not something that is offered only on the separate sides menu.)

I'm used to paying about $5 for a cup of the soup at lunch... Of course, you're not at home, you're at Disney World.

I agree. But I also think it doesn't compete well with most of the other signatures (I didn't say all). Most of them offer great views and/or original and unique menu's. Perhaps my opinion is negative since I didn't have a high opinion of Le'Cellier before. But to me, other than a few items is the same menu as before. I guess what makes it unique is LC is now calling their meats "Canadian." I love Canada, but I don't think there is much of a difference from a Canadian cow from an American one; At least not big enought to pay $5- $10 more or give up 2ts credits instead of 1ts. JMHO

I might be biased here.. being as how I am from Kansas.. Canadians have nothing on goold ole USDA corn fed beef! I will take lunch anytime if it means I get American steak!

I might be biased here.. being as how I am from Kansas.. Canadians have nothing on goold ole USDA corn fed beef! I will take lunch anytime if it means I get American steak!

From what others have posted on here, the meats were from Australia on the old menu and are still from Australia on the lunch menu. Not sure if that's true or not? But I'm with you, give me some good ole corn fed USDA beef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter