Leaving the hubbies and kids behind - A May 2010 PTR, TR has begun!

The boys will want you to leave more often when they see all the great gifts they are going to be getting! :thumbsup2

I'm not sure they will let me go again without them but hopefully the gifts will ease the pain a bit. :upsidedow

It never, ever occured to me to make special housekeeping envelopes - Oh Wait.....I am staying DVC....LOL.....they don't come until the end of the stay anyway! :lmao:

You are super organized. Since I have a million last minute things to do, and will probably be doing laundry all night, I decided to check in now and wish you happy travels tomorrow.

quick update on my end.....My DH and my friends are thinking about going to Daytona for a day (being back at dinner time). I told them to go either Weds or thursday. I warned them that if they go Weds I will probably go all Cinco de Mayo on them and might be comatose when they get back....kidding....must do EE that night!

If they go thursday I told them they MUST be back for Ohana. I think I will go to HS that day and I think maybe, just maybe, I will try out for AI. I've got my song picked out! :laughing: I would be psyched to get into a show and I have no chance of making the final, so I am sure dinner plans will not be disturbed!!!!! :rotfl:

Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes smooth here on the homefront between now and departure day. :thumbsup2

HAPPY TRAVELS!

That was one thing I didn't love about DVC, it would have been nice for our garbage pile to have been a bit smaller during the stay.

My to-do list is pretty small but I'm still not 100% there

Wednesday will definitely be alcohol infused :lmao: I am DETERMINED though to make it to our EE date!! If you get on AI, let me know which show and I will try to make it :thumbsup2

I hope your departure is an easy one...see you soon :)

That overall thing is crazy!:headache:

Cute gifts!

I have to make envelopes. That was on my to do list and I forgot about them!

Weather forecast looks pretty good to me compared to the HIGH 90s I had last year. It is supposed to be warm here this weekend too so it won't be such a shock to go from here to there.

:wizard:Goodluck today!!!:wizard:

All the envelopes I found on the disigns thread were pretty elaborate so I just found images off of google and added the text, pretty easy!

I would prefer temps in the 80's but I'll deal with it! It's been cool here the last week or so, 90 will feel downright HOT! I start to wilt much warmer than that. :rolleyes:

Here's a bit of pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: for the interview today. Pray it goes well and then you can relax and completely enjoy the World. :goodvibes

Thanks so much! I'm ready to not think about it for a few days ::yes::

You're leaving tomorrow!!! Woo hoo!!! :woohoo::woohoo::yay:

Good luck today! :wizard:

TOMORROW...Oh my gosh, that just sounds surreal! Safe travels on Sunday! See you soon :)

Have a wonderful trip!!

Thanks LL :goodvibes

Have an amazing trip Katie...wow you have been productive, when your trip is over want to come and help me get ready to move!!!!!! Good luck at your interview today!!

I think I have a ton of adrenaline between the job stuff and the anticipation of leaving. I was up from 1:30 to 3:30 this morning so I'm hoping to be pretty tired tonight so I am well rested to begin the trip!

Good luck with your interview today!

The overall thing is ridiculous, I'm sorry, but I would protest and send my child in regular clothes. I wouldn't go out and buy something special last minute, especially if I thought he would never wear it again - but that's just me......

You are super woman Katie! I'm leaving Don to his own devises, no notes, reminders or anything - he's a big boy he should be able to handle things for one measly week, I do it all the time when he is gone. (Of course, I may send a few text message reminders for the important stuff, just to be sure he doesn't forget..... :rolleyes1 )

Love your mousekeeping envelopes & autograph cards!

Have a safe trip. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow!! :yay:

I guess I know how pissy Greg can get when he feels like he is not in control so by having everything organized for him, he is less likely to stress out and resent my leaving....totally selfish!

Be sure to text me with your section number and I'll drop by the pool when I get there!

Katie , it sounds as if you have it all under control! Can you believe that you leave tomorrow? :banana: I hope you have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear about it when you return. :thumbsup2

Thanks Michelle. Nope tomorrow still feels a bit impossible!

Overalls update: I went to the local farm store...no luck. I went to Wal-Mart...no luck. I went to goodwill....no overalls but for a grand total of $2.84, I got a straw hat and suspenders. He has a plaid shirt and can wear jeans and it will have to do!

Interview update: It was much faster than I anticipated, I was only there about 40 minutes. I really have no idea how I did, some questions I felt good about, some not so good and of course on the way home, I thought of a couple things I wish I had said. I guess the big question is who is my competition :confused3 I have no idea how I will stack up so I will just wait. I probably won't hear from them until I get home.

To-do update: I did laundry but haven't folded yet, I'll do that after the boys go to bed. I need to show Greg where I hid the gift bags for the boys and I need to triple-check my packing. Otherwise...I think I am done! :banana:

Oh yes, and I discovered as I was doing my final load of laundry that our washing machine has a leak. Oh well...it can wait

I'll be sure to check in from the airport tomorrow! Happy travels to all of you going this week and I can't wait to meet you all!! For those of you staying home, check in with FB for live updates and photos

Oh my gosh Katie! You go girl! Have a great time and I'll be texting you when I arrive Wednesday! Those autograph cards look great!!! LOVE the daily gifts for the boys- will really make the time fly for them while mama is outta town! have a gr8 time!

Hope everything went well for you today Katie!!! I will see you soon!!
MEK I am so excited about AI!! Let me know and I will be there!!!! Ellen texted me a few times today with pictures! Went to a spa, had slushies ans the pool at SAB! See you soon!!!!! :)

Tracy

Interview update: It was much faster than I anticipated, I was only there about 40 minutes. I really have no idea how I did, some questions I felt good about, some not so good and of course on the way home, I thought of a couple things I wish I had said. I guess the big question is who is my competition :confused3 I have no idea how I will stack up so I will just wait. I probably won't hear from them until I get home.

I'll be sure to check in from the airport tomorrow! Happy travels to all of you going this week and I can't wait to meet you all!! For those of you staying home, check in with FB for live updates and photos[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I'm sure you did great on the interview. Now, put it behind you, and think only of your trip!

I pretty much just came over to say

:dance3:

and

:cheer2: :cheer2:

and

:yay: :banana: :yay:

Have an awesome time!

See you at Tony's after some rockin' awesome fireworks Saturday night! :cool1:

Safe flight Katie. I'll be on the look out for you. :goodvibes

thanks, have a great trip yourself!! Hope you enjoy that solo time to the max!!

I'm sure you did great on the interview. Now, put it behind you, and think only of your trip!

I pretty much just came over to say

:dance3:

and

:cheer2: :cheer2:

and

:yay: :banana: :yay:

Have an awesome time!

See you at Tony's after some rockin' awesome fireworks Saturday night! :cool1:

thanks MeMom :goodvibes

Have a great trip, Katie!!!

thanks Jackie!

Well gang, my ticker says congratulations so I guess today is the day!!! I'm about ready to hop in the shower and finalize my packing. Once I say goodbye to the boys at the airport (will not be easy I suspect, I'm anticipating lots of tears) I will officially be on vacation :banana:

Thanks everyone for joining me on this PTR adventure. It's been a blast!!

Mods, please don't close this down until I get a chance to start my TR and post a link here

BYE!!!!!!

Hope everything went well for you today Katie!!! I will see you soon!!
MEK I am so excited about AI!! Let me know and I will be there!!!! Ellen texted me a few times today with pictures! Went to a spa, had slushies ans the pool at SAB! See you soon!!!!! :)

Tracy

:rotfl2: I was ready to KILL Ellen yesterday. By lunch time I was ready to book a flight out on Friday night. :rotfl2: Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!

Hey everyone!! Just checking in from the world...(I would have written earlier but it takes so long to type from my phone! I wanted to talk to the boys on skype tonight so as long as I'm paying for 24 hours of internet, I might as well get my money worth!!)

We are having a great time. It is VERY hot. Temps have been into the 90's each day with humidity giving a feels like in the high 90's. But no rain yet so that's good. I think the forecast is for cooling but adding in spotty t-storms the next few days.

Crowds are much larger than touringplans was expecting! It really feels very similar to June :confused3 We've used a good plan and kept mostly away from the long lines though.

I'm really glad we decided to splurge with the deluxe dining! We have had some really great food *YUM*

Today was the day Mom and Dad joined us and we had a lot of fun. Flower and garden festival is really neat!

Tomorrow is the big cinco de mayo meet and I'm very excited about that.

Lots of fun still to go...I'll check back in on Thursday when we do the internet thing again.

Hey everyone!! Just checking in from the world...(I would have written earlier but it takes so long to type from my phone! I wanted to talk to the boys on skype tonight so as long as I'm paying for 24 hours of internet, I might as well get my money worth!!)

We are having a great time. It is VERY hot. Temps have been into the 90's each day with humidity giving a feels like in the high 90's. But no rain yet so that's good. I think the forecast is for cooling but adding in spotty t-storms the next few days.

Crowds are much larger than touringplans was expecting! It really feels very similar to June :confused3 We've used a good plan and kept mostly away from the long lines though.

I'm really glad we decided to splurge with the deluxe dining! We have had some really great food *YUM*

Today was the day Mom and Dad joined us and we had a lot of fun. Flower and garden festival is really neat!

Tomorrow is the big cinco de mayo meet and I'm very excited about that.

Lots of fun still to go...I'll check back in on Thursday when we do the internet thing again.

How nice of you to check in while on vacation (my DH would kill me if I went near a computer). Sorry the crowds are bigger than you expected, but glad you are having a great time. I can't wait to hear about the great meals you are having.

How nice that you could talk to the boys on Skype! Some technology is wonderful! I'm not surprised at the crowds...it was much more crowded than I thought it would be last week! Glad your weather is holding up! It was really hot last week too! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the rain stays away! Have fun! :)

I'm so excited to hear a live update from you! I'm glad you're having fun---been thinking about you and Michelle, and all the others who will be enjoying the big Cinco-de-Mayo DIS meet today! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter