LeCellier--Not a good experience

torinsmom

<font color=red>I have someone coming to scoop<br>
When we went to WDW in March, we ate at Le Cellier for the first time. We had great service and the food was FANTASTIC! My son had been dreaming of that filet mignon and raspberry daquiri(non-alcoholic) for 5 months. We went back last Sunday and I was embarrassed to have talked it up to my mom, who was with us! Our server was slow and not attentive at all. We all ordered the filet mignon and it came coated in barbeque sauce! :confused3 Now who the heck puts bbq sauce on steak? It gave it a really bad flavor and none of us ate more than half of it. It was nothing like it was in March. If I had to pay for that meal, or even for the DDP, I would have been really upset. We did not leave an extra tip either, as our server came to our table maybe 4 times in the hour we were there--three of those were to bring drinks, appetizers and entrees. Someone else brought our our desserts.

If you are looking at the filet mignon, ask for it plain and maybe you will enjoy it more.

Marsha

Wow!! We went to WDW in Feb and also went to Le Cellier. We ordered the filet also and yes it does come with a maple BBQ glaze. We thought that the flavor was delicious, and that it complimented the steak very well.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Maybe next time will be better.

We are looking forward to going back to Le Cellier in Feb. 07 :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

BBQ sauce does seem strange, though I'd blame the chef who designed the menu with that item, rather than the server who brought it to your table or even the cook who cooked it to the chef's directions.

It is interesting to read a complaint about slow service, right after reading a complaint about rushed service, for the same restaurant! :rotfl:

When we were there last month, there were 2 filets on the menu: the maple-glazed filet which had a sweet bbq-type sauce, and the LeCellier filet, which has no sauce on it at all and is garnished with fried parsnips. So ordering the LeCellier filet is the way to go if you don't like sauce on your filet.

BTW, DW ordered the maple-glazed filet and I ordered the LeCellier filet--we shared a little bit of each, and I think we each liked the other person's filet better! :teeth: But I enjoyed the risotto with the LeCellier filet very much.

I simply asked for the BBQ sauce on the side, not knowing if I would care for it or not. The Filet and potatoe was very good, and the sauce did not over power my Filet. :)

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

My family loooves the BBQ-glazed filet! And I'll tell you who puts BBQ sauce on a steak ... TGI Friday's. Their steaks topped with Jack Daniels sauce are the best!

bicker said:
BBQ sauce does seem strange, though I'd blame the chef who designed the menu with that item, rather than the server who brought it to your table or even the cook who cooked it to the chef's directions.

It is interesting to read a complaint about slow service, right after reading a complaint about rushed service, for the same restaurant! :rotfl:

I don't blame the server for the sauce at all. I do blame the server for not coming to refill drinks and leaving us sitting there for 20 minutes between apps and entrees. It was a 4:30ADR and not busy at all. She was not pleasant either, kind of seemed like she didn't even want to be there.

I had a great server at Planet Hollywood. He was so great that when we went back on our last night(because PH was GREAT!), we had server envy because we didn't sit in his section, but could see him serving others, LOL.

We tipped an extra $5-$10 at all our restaurants except Le Cellier. I honestly don't think our server even deserved the 18%.

Marsha

No, but my son did! He loved that the first time----the first server allowed him to have it as a dessert. This time they said no, so he got it as his beverage. We had to pay extra for a second one. It was really good. The bread was still good too and also the brulee.

Marsha

sorry to hear about your bad dining experience at le cellier, we've always adored it when we went, hopefully you just caught them on an off day, and of course the server makes all the difference

i had that drink milkshake and it was the best and my waitress even offered a soda after it which i gladly accepted i was on the ddp it was feb 14 06 the steak i ordered plain no bbq sauce and it was to die for and i gave her the 5 bucks out of pocket for a extra tip

Yes, please order the steak without the sauce or on the side if you order it. It was very good last time and the potatoes are good as well. Service is luck of the draw, so hopefully we just hit it on a bad day.

Marsha

torinsmom said:
We all ordered the filet mignon and it came coated in barbeque sauce! :confused3 Now who the heck puts bbq sauce on steak?

Well... it does say that it has a maple bbq glaze right in the menu. :confused3

I agree with OP about the terrible service at LeCeller's. I will never eat there again if they treat single guest the way I was treated and I did issue my complaint to Manager as well as Disney. Just because I travel solo does not mean I should be ignored or seated in the most awful section.

Thanks for sharing your review, sorry to hear that you were disappointed in Le Cellier. It's one of our favorites. :)

How come you didn't send it back? If I don't like something at a restaurant, I usually tell the server and depending on the situation.... they bring me out another one or order something different. It happens all the time and they won't be offended. It doesn't happen very often but I'm wondering if they messed up your order. I would have said oh, I didn't order the filet with the sauce on it. I'm sure they would have taken your dish back. Try that next time.

DiszyDeanette said:
Well... it does say that it has a maple bbq glaze right in the menu. :confused3

Agreed ...this item has been listed on the menu like that for awhile now - I had the BBQ filet in 2005 and LOVED it - thought it was wonderful!

OurDogCisco said:
How come you didn't send it back? If I don't like something at a restaurant, I usually tell the server and depending on the situation.... they bring me out another one or order something different. It happens all the time and they won't be offended. It doesn't happen very often but I'm wondering if they messed up your order. I would have said oh, I didn't order the filet with the sauce on it. I'm sure they would have taken your dish back. Try that next time.

The Filet Mignon with the Maple Glaze BBQ sauce is listed in the description but there is also a Lecellier Filet - maybe the Op mistakenly ordered the wrong steak :confused3

I agree that I would send it back if I got what I didn't order but I would not send it back if I ordered something without reading the full description.

Well, we all said we wanted the filet mignon. We didn't say with or without the BBQ sauce and the waitress didn't ask. If she knows there is more than one, I would think she would ask. There was one listed with mushrooms--I remember that. As far as why we didn't send it back, when your waitress is nowhere to be found for 20 minutes after you get your order, it is hard to send something back. We had waited 20 minutes after finishing the apps for our meal in the first place(and we ordered our apps and entrees at the same time). If I was paying for the DDP, I would have probably chased her down somehow, but we were not being treated very well as it was. We just wanted to be done and get out of there.

Like I said, the service was more of an issue than the food. I DO think it is weird to put BBQ sauce on a steak though. Maybe it is a canadian thing?

I think we will try Coral Reef next trip in place of Le Cellier.
Marsha

torinsmom said:
Well, we all said we wanted the filet mignon. We didn't say with or without the BBQ sauce and the waitress didn't ask. If she knows there is more than one, I would think she would ask. There was one listed with mushrooms--I remember that. As far as why we didn't send it back, when your waitress is nowhere to be found for 20 minutes after you get your order, it is hard to send something back. We had waited 20 minutes after finishing the apps for our meal in the first place(and we ordered our apps and entrees at the same time). If I was paying for the DDP, I would have probably chased her down somehow, but we were not being treated very well as it was. We just wanted to be done and get out of there.

Like I said, the service was more of an issue than the food. I DO think it is weird to put BBQ sauce on a steak though. Maybe it is a canadian thing?

I think we will try Coral Reef next trip in place of Le Cellier.
Marsha

I'm sorry you had such a bad server, hopefully if you do try LeCellier again it will be much better and next time you will know about the BBQ sauce ;) I usually do not eat BBQ on a steak either but I must admit I really enjoy that one at Le Cellier.

I know there are mixed reviews on Coral Reef too but my DH and DS ate there last year while DD and I were at the Princess Tea and they raved about it. The really enjoyed it. I say go and give it a try! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter