• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LeCellier--Not a good experience

I'm glad to have the info. on the BBQ sauce. My DH & I will be going for the first time during our next trip and he doesn't like any type of sauce. I'll be sure to tell him, so he orders what he wants or can ask to leave the sauce off. :)

Fairy_Tale_Bride said:
I'm glad to have the info. on the BBQ sauce. My DH & I will be going for the first time during our next trip and he doesn't like any type of sauce. I'll be sure to tell him, so he orders what he wants or can ask to leave the sauce off. :)
See, that is what I was aiming for! I would hate to have anyone else make the same mistake. The filet mignon is terrific plain! Hopefully, you will get a good server too. I'm sure my experience was not the norm.

torinsmom said:
I gave a REVIEW on a REVIEW board. Reviews are a matter of opinion. I stated my experience, and people can take it or leave it. Maybe someone will learn from what happened and make sure they order sauce on the side. As far as service, that seems to be hit or miss at Le Cellier. I had great service in March, but lousy service in September.

Marsha

Don't sweat the pedants, Marsha. Indicting the service at a "sacred" place like Le Cellier is sure to arouse the nitpickers, sycophants and assorted other curmudgeons. Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's on these boards and you may well have helped dozens of readers avoid an experience such as the one you had.

To the OP, thanks for sharing. At least some will know that there are 2 filets, one with sauce and one without. That is helpful.

As to service, it has been that way with us there, hit or miss. It was miss too often, it was crowded and we always had to wait longer to be seated than elsewhere.

We now go to Yachtsman for great steaks, no sauce by the way.

Thanks for the tip. Where is the Yachtsman? And how is the steak at the Concourse?

Marsha

Yachtsman Steak House is at the Yacht & Beach Club Resort, one of the Epcot resorts. The Concourse Steakhouse had decent steaks, not on par with Yachstman, but better than Le Cellier IMHO.

torinsmom said:
Thanks--at least someone is seeing my main point here...

...Whatever the case, I didn't leave a tip for our server because of the service, NOT the fact that I didn't enjoy the entree. She got 18% from Disney, which I think was too much.

Marsha

That is another reason why I dislike the DDP. Bad service?...Too bad for you, they still get their 18% tip! One way to recognize bad service is a bad tip! This option not available with DDP!

Not to mention I believe DDP has creates stress for the Disney restaurant staffs.

We had a bad experience last Oct. with LeCellier, the service was very poor when we were finally seated approx. 1 hr after our ADR. time. We did ask about our time and apparently they said they had a computer crash, unable to check times for seating, but when we were finally seated the service was terrible. The family at the next table who was seated after us was told they could not order dessert and eat it in the restaurant they would box it to go for them. Since when do you get put out of the restaurant before you are done with your meal? Service is lacking it seems at times.

icelady said:
We had a bad experience last Oct. with LeCellier, the service was very poor when we were finally seated approx. 1 hr after our ADR. time. We did ask about our time and apparently they said they had a computer crash, unable to check times for seating, but when we were finally seated the service was terrible.

We ate here in August and had the same "computer crash"? :confused3 We where on 1 hour of waiting, and I heard the hostess say "we are all caught up now, so I am taking my break" I got up and asked how much longer since I heard you are all caught up? Ooops crash occured? and we where lost. OK, I understand mistakes happen, but what happened next floored me: I was then told "you are now being fit in, and it will be like a walk-in. We will seat you when we have the opening. No don't think so... would like the manager now. I also asked why are you still seating people ahead of us right now, and we are still waiting? We should be a priority and sat immediately instead of the 4 families they sat after, I was discovered?
Manager response "would you like a fast pass for any ride?" NO, I would like a table now. We checked in at 6:15pm for a 6:45pm seating and where going on 8pm and still not seating? What am I going to do with a fast pass, epcot will be closed when we get out of here. Our meal was incorrect, and service so/so.

Sammie said:
To the OP, thanks for sharing. At least some will know that there are 2 filets, one with sauce and one without. That is helpful.

Not sure why any kind of 'warning' is necessary, when it is clearly printed on the menu? :confused3

DiszyDeanette said:
Not sure why any kind of 'warning' is necessary, when it is clearly printed on the menu? :confused3

Why do people insist on picking this scab?

The OP complained about the fillet... while acknowledging that she was unaware that there were two different preparation styles on the menu and she expressed her disappointment at the level of service she received (which obviously was of greater concern to her). Apparently, her error in not scrutinizing the menu to identify whether or not her fillet would be dunked in sauce negates any other complaints she may have voiced. :rolleyes:

Now, I understand that some DISers find it inconceivable that anyone might experience the occassional brain fart and then have the gall to write about their experience on the boards in anything less than fawning terms. To you who live lives free of any such episodes of cranial gas I admit to feeling tremendous jealousy; but please, for the rest of us who lack your superior life skills, lay off the sanctimonious tongue-lashings and keep your amusement to yourselves.

stopgo said:
Why do people insist on picking this scab?

Because explaining there are different fillets is completely unnecessary, as they are both very clearly listed on the menu. Even mentioning it as something to "look out for!" is absurd. I'm assuming that everybody on the disboards can indeed read, so I'm not sure why it keeps coming up.

stopgo said:
Apparently, her error in not scrutinizing the menu
No. It was in expecting the server to know that the patron ordered one filet mignon but really wanted the other. :confused3 I think what probably would be understandable by many would be if this incident was recognized as a simple miscommunication, no fault, no foul. :goodvibes

bicker said:
No. It was in expecting the server to know that the patron ordered one filet mignon but really wanted the other. :confused3 I think what probably would be understandable by many would be if this incident was recognized as a simple miscommunication, no fault, no foul. :goodvibes

I absolutely agree :thumbsup2 . The OP got terrible service, which is the larger issue (and a point stressed by the OP). While the Great Sauce Debate (tm) is entirely incidental it seems to have sparked the automatic superiority complex mechanism in many of the responders. Insinuating that some of us are too stupid to read a menu is insipid and unproductive. Pointing out that Le Cellier's staff is very hit-or-miss where service is concerned is a useful tip, especially for first-time visitors.

We also had a bad experience. The food was good, but service was horrible!! We were there for lunch and one of the first seated. However, the server took forever to bring anything out, and I even had to wait 15 minutes after we were done for my check. It definitely is NOT kid friendly. It just took too long.

stopgo said:
I absolutely agree :thumbsup2 . The OP got terrible service, which is the larger issue (and a point stressed by the OP). While the Great Sauce Debate (tm) is entirely incidental it seems to have sparked the automatic superiority complex mechanism in many of the responders. Insinuating that some of us are too stupid to read a menu is insipid and unproductive. Pointing out that Le Cellier's staff is very hit-or-miss where service is concerned is a useful tip, especially for first-time visitors.

If the service was the important, issue, and the service was the only thing anybody should be commenting on, why is over half of the original post about "who puts sauce on fillet!?" and how bad it tasted, with the service being at most a footnote? As soon as it was pointed out that the fillet is served w/ sauce, exactly as listed, then it turned into "oh well, it was really the service that was so bad!" Which is very well may be, as LeCellier seems to be taking in more people than they can handle these days. Sorry, but every time I see an "oh wow! it has sauce, I'm so glad I read that here!" post, I will feel free to comment that it's not anything that would or should surprise those that read the menu prior to ordering. Why? Because I think the whole thing is absurd!

This is my original post, broken up for me to prove that my post was first and foremost about service. Maybe some of you need to read it again. I have added comments inside the post. I don't check this site that much, as I am a teacher and I work all day to shape little minds. I simply don't have as much time on my hands as some of you. I would say I wish I had that much time, but I don't care to pick apart people's words and decide what they mean as if they are children. As a matter of fact, sometimes I feel like I am still at school with my 3-6 year olds when I come to this site. :rotfl:

torinsmom said:
When we went to WDW in March, we ate at Le Cellier for the first time. We had great service and the food was FANTASTIC! My son had been dreaming of that filet mignon and raspberry daquiri(non-alcoholic) for 5 months. We went back last Sunday and I was embarrassed to have talked it up to my mom, who was with us! Our server was slow and not attentive at all.
torinsmom said:
Okay, this WHOLE first paragraph was about SERVICE, previous and in September!

torinsmom said:
We all ordered the filet mignon and it came coated in barbeque sauce! :confused3 Now who the heck puts bbq sauce on steak? It gave it a really bad flavor and none of us ate more than half of it.
torinsmom said:
This three sentence paragraph is about the filet mignon. BTW, I do read well, but I had ordered the same steak in March and it was NOT floating in BBQ sauce.

torinsmom said:
It was nothing like it was in March. If I had to pay for that meal, or even for the DDP, I would have been really upset. We did not leave an extra tip either, as our server came to our table maybe 4 times in the hour we were there--three of those were to bring drinks, appetizers and entrees. Someone else brought out our desserts.
torinsmom said:
This whole paragraph is also about service.

torinsmom said:
If you are looking at the filet mignon, ask for it plain and maybe you will enjoy it more.
torinsmom said:
This was my suggestion. I never once said the server messed up by bringing the filet with BBQ sauce. I just said it was not good(to us) and was not like what we had on our previous trip. It was a REVIEW people.

So, for those of you who can read, :rolleyes: there were 9 sentences about service and 4 about the way the filet was served. And, if you can count, you would see that my main disappointment was in the service. The filet mignon could have been the same as March, but if the service stunk, it would still have been a disappointment to me.

Marsha

DiszyDeanette said:

Did it actually hurt you for the OP to share this info? I mean really.

As you said everyone can "read" the menu and everyone can not "read" reviews if they bother one. :rolleyes:

I would expect a glaze to be a very light brushing of the steak, not visible to the sight, but only to the taste. If mine came with lots of BBQ sauce on it, I do would be disappointed.

So while you find her comments annoying, I find them helpful.

torinsmom said:
This is my original post, broken up for me to prove that my post was first and foremost about service. Maybe some of you need to read it again. I have added comments inside the post. I don't check this site that much, as I am a teacher and I work all day to shape little minds. I simply don't have as much time on my hands as some of you. I would say I wish I had that much time, but I don't care to pick apart people's words and decide what they mean as if they are children. As a matter of fact, sometimes I feel like I am still at school with my 3-6 year olds when I come to this site. :rotfl:

torinsmom said:
When we went to WDW in March, we ate at Le Cellier for the first time. We had great service and the food was FANTASTIC! My son had been dreaming of that filet mignon and raspberry daquiri(non-alcoholic) for 5 months. We went back last Sunday and I was embarrassed to have talked it up to my mom, who was with us! Our server was slow and not attentive at all.
torinsmom said:

torinsmom said:
We all ordered the filet mignon and it came coated in barbeque sauce! :confused3 Now who the heck puts bbq sauce on steak? It gave it a really bad flavor and none of us ate more than half of it.
torinsmom said:
This three sentence paragraph is about the filet mignon. BTW, I do read well, but I had ordered the same steak in March and it was NOT floating in BBQ sauce.

torinsmom said:
It was nothing like it was in March. If I had to pay for that meal, or even for the DDP, I would have been really upset. We did not leave an extra tip either, as our server came to our table maybe 4 times in the hour we were there--three of those were to bring drinks, appetizers and entrees. Someone else brought out our desserts.
torinsmom said:

torinsmom said:
If you are looking at the filet mignon, ask for it plain and maybe you will enjoy it more.
torinsmom said:
This was my suggestion. I never once said the server messed up by bringing the filet with BBQ sauce. I just said it was not good(to us) and was not like what we had on our previous trip. It was a REVIEW people.

So, for those of you who can read, :rolleyes: there were 9 sentences about service and 4 about the way the filet was served. And, if you can count, you would see that my main disappointment was in the service. The filet mignon could have been the same as March, but if the service stunk, it would still have been a disappointment to me.

Marsha

I see three sentences relating to the service. Three. No more, no less. Everything else either points to your displeasure with the sauce, as it directly follows the description of how bad it tasted, or is about how much you enjoyed it last year, which has nothing to do with the bad service you received this year. There were no paragraphs seperating it, I have no idea where you came up with that. You can insult me all you like, tell me how much more important you are than I am and continue to twist what you wrote. I will continue to tell people that they have nothing to worry about if they read the menu. Not sure why that bothers you so much, must have struck some kind of nerve.

So now you are going to tell me what I meant when I WROTE the post? LOL :rotfl2: That is just too funny! It must be great to be so smart that you can read someone else's mind. :rolleyes:

DiszyDeanette said:
torinsmom said:

torinsmom said:
torinsmom said:

torinsmom said:
torinsmom said:

torinsmom said:
torinsmom said:

torinsmom said:

I see three sentences relating to the service. Three. No more, no less. Everything else either points to your displeasure with the sauce, as it directly follows the description of how bad it tasted, or is about how much you enjoyed it last year, which has nothing to do with the bad service you received this year. There were no paragraphs seperating it, I have no idea where you came up with that. You can insult me all you like, tell me how much more important you are than I am and continue to twist what you wrote. I will continue to tell people that they have nothing to worry about if they read the menu. Not sure why that bothers you so much, must have struck some kind of nerve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter