LeCellier--Not a good experience

Sammie said:
Did it actually hurt you for the OP to share this info? I mean really.

As you said everyone can "read" the menu and everyone can not "read" reviews if they bother one. :rolleyes:

I would expect a glaze to be a very light brushing of the steak, not visible to the sight, but only to the taste. If mine came with lots of BBQ sauce on it, I do would be disappointed.

So while you find her comments annoying, I find them helpful.

Yep, a glaze is not a slathering of sauce, which is what we all got. And the great thing about a BB is that if you find a topic or someone's comments annoying, you can just not read them. My mama always said "Take what you can use, and let the rest slide right on by".

torinsmom said:
So now you are going to tell me what I meant when I WROTE the post? LOL :rotfl2: That is just too funny! It must be great to be so smart that you can read someone else's mind. :rolleyes:

Not smart enough to be able to read minds, but I am smart enough to know what a paragraph is.

DiszyDeanette said:
Not smart enough to be able to read minds, but I am smart enough to know what a paragraph is.

Well, obviously, the original post is one paragraph, with a piece of advice separated at the end. The whole big paragraph is a review. I didn't separate the part about how great our experience was last time. I didn't separate the part about my disappointment about the "glaze". I didn't separate the part about the bad service. It was all one paragraph. In the post where I quoted myself, I separated the thoughts I had when posting originally, into paragraphs, so that nit-pickers could see what I was referring to in each little section. Because I KNOW what I was talking about in MY post.

I'm done with this thread. I hope I helped someone.......

I tend to agree with you. I was not to impressed with the restaurant. :sad2: I kept thinking during the meal that I wish I was somewhere else. It was all very bland. I do understand that some people like their food done a certain way. I just tend toward an explosion of flavors. The service was okay. He was very attentive, but offered the bottled water to my friend, she accepted. "we were on the dinning plan" He did not make it clear to her that it was not included in the price. So, needless to say the water ended up costing more than 30 dollars for. My favorite is Wolf Gang Pucks, and Ohana.

Krissylynne

DH and I have only eaten at Le Cellier once; our server was great but the food was just OK. We have rarely had a meal in the WDW parks that was more than "pretty good," and have had plenty of mediocre meals, but we're at DISNEY so we're happy anyway. :sunny: However, after all the good reviews of Le Cellier's steaks, I was surprised to hear from DH that his steak was so mediocre (I'm vegetarian, and just happy to be accomodated!).

This is my first post. I have read everyone's comments with such surprise. I can't believe people are getting so hot under the collar about what someone said about a dining experience. There were even insults to each other. I'm just amazed that anyone would take the time to write such awful things. We will be in Disney in early 2008 with the whole family. We plan on eating at Le Cellier. I promise not to write any bad revue about something that is my fault (like not reading the menu)!! Also please don't correct my sentence structure!! lol

I was just at Le Cellier last week (for the first time) and it was by far my favorite meal I thought all the food was EXCILLENT (loved the pretzel bread) and I had the Filet and also asked for the sauce on the side (which I also loved) our server..think his name was Brian was awesome he took the time to explain everything to us (since we were on the dining plan) and we even gave him a $20.00 tip (which was extra added to his 18% he was already getting) I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad time I guess the server can really make the difference!! However I am now a big fan of Le Cellier (my fav. at disney)!!

OK. Thank you to the OP for your honest opinion of your recent experience. We have ADR's for January and thanks to all on this thread for the very strong feelings both positive and negative. To each his own but I'm hoping for the best. I've learned that I need to be very specific when ordering.

Here's my question, and I'm not trying to defend or offend anyone. Has there been a downward trend with service because of the dining plan? I've been reading that once the server finds out you are on the dining plan, it's all downhill.

Just curious. We booked the DDP and are hoping it was a good move. Not going during free dining, kids will be 3 and 7. Any thoughts? It seems like I can count on this bunch for the good, the bad, and the ugly.

ok, ok....I know that everyone is talking about the filet at Le Cellier and that there are two on the manu and that, obviously, there are going to be different cuts of steak at a steakhouse. BUT what I really want to know is did you have the cheese soup and pretzel bread?!?!? OMG, it's amazing!!!!!!!! I could make a mealo out of that! Forget the BBQ Filet or Mushroom Filet. Also, have you had their Burger? It is also great. It is juicy and you can add your choice of toppings.

HACAM said:
I used to be a waitress, and there is no way I will ever send anything back to the kitchen, have you seen Road Trip?? :lmao:

Don't be silly. If you don't enjoy something you've ordered, don't eat it. Send it back and get something else instead. Why eat something you hate, just to complain about it later on? Wouldn't you rather get something you enjoy? I have dined at many many MANY disney restaurants and any manager, or server, would be happy to replace your meal with something else. Don't let a movie make you think that something bad is going to happen to your food just because you sent it back. I can assure you that "Road Trip" type behavior does not go on at Disney Restaurants.

Just got back this week from an EXCILLENT time at WDW on the FREE DINING and I thought some servers were much nicer/ better overall than others. However I had great food and no problems with any of my servers. I even ordered the Filet and in the middle of my appetizer realized I should probably ask for the Maple glaze on the side (server said no prob!) However I personally loved the glaze!! and the pretzel bread. didn’t love the cheese soups but Le Cellier is my new fav. place in WDW. Getting back to the service question I think a great meal depends on the food but the service as well if your server sucks/ is rude than your meal is not as enjoyable however we (party of 11) ate at 7 diff. places and no problems with any of our servers, I felt the service has not gone down at all b/c of the dining plan...but that’s just my opinion!

torinsmom said:
I think we will try Coral Reef next trip in place of Le Cellier.
Marsha

We went to LeCellier and Coral Reef at the beginning of this month. We didn't hate LeCellier, but we probably won't go again. We probably WILL go to Coral Reef again. I think I got the steak (I wasn't feeling too well, so I forgot to take a picture and can't remember for sure), and it was nothing special. My dh got the tuna though, and I wish I had ordered that! Yummy! I wan't impressed with the chocolate wave, but the brulee was good.

Hasil72 said:
Here's my question, and I'm not trying to defend or offend anyone. Has there been a downward trend with service because of the dining plan? I've been reading that once the server finds out you are on the dining plan, it's all downhill.

Just curious. We booked the DDP and are hoping it was a good move. Not going during free dining, kids will be 3 and 7. Any thoughts? It seems like I can count on this bunch for the good, the bad, and the ugly.

As I stated in our dining review (linked below), I expected there to be some drop-off once our servers learned that we were DDP, but we had exceptional service all week. Our service at Le Cellier, Kona and Spoodles was better than any service I've ever had at any restaurant.

Now you'll read reviews from folks who had not-so-great service at those 3 restaurants, and just about every other restaurant, too. Everybody has different experiences with different servers on different restaurants on different days. I doubt any restaurant has a list of 100% positive reviews. My advice is to gather info but don't be overwhelmed by it. And have fun! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter