Lego Brickmaster Club?

Just an update -- I signed up both kids for the brickmaster club. I just got a confirmation that everything has shipped for our first order - Yay!! One thing to note, our Legoland tickets have an expiration date of 12/09 so keep that in mind when planning your trip and deciding when to join the club!

This is great information for me!
We are planning a trip at the end of June. For the Legoland portion, we will probably be 1 ad 2 children.
Should I order a subscription for each child? It sounds like you get one free ticket with the subscription and then a buy an ad get a child free. Am I reading that correctly from the posts?
Thanks!

This sounds like a great deal. Just so I can compare correctly...the club cost is $40, is there tax, shipping charge or any other fees?
I am thinking of getting 4 memberships and holding on to the 3 and 4th sets of Legos for gifts.

This is great information for me!
We are planning a trip at the end of June. For the Legoland portion, we will probably be 1 ad 2 children.
Should I order a subscription for each child? It sounds like you get one free ticket with the subscription and then a buy an ad get a child free. Am I reading that correctly from the posts?
Thanks!

If you join the club you will receive one ticket. Looks like when the first shipment arrives, there could be a buy one, get one free ticket in the magazine. However, a previous poster noted his BOGO free ticket had already expired when he got his magazine. I haven't gotten my shipment yet (but did get notified that it has been shipped). Once I do, I will post if I have a BOGO free ticket and when it expires.

This sounds like a great deal. Just so I can compare correctly...the club cost is $40, is there tax, shipping charge or any other fees?
I am thinking of getting 4 memberships and holding on to the 3 and 4th sets of Legos for gifts.

I bought 2 "memberships" and the total was about $103 with shipping and handling.

I signed my kids up tonight. I had to call since the website limits to one. There was no tax because there is no Lego Store in this state, but there is a $6.95 shipping charge that covers all six shipments.

We did this last year 2x. The first time I only did it for my child (although I knew I could use the ticket for either). It was right at $50 total (tax and shipping). I bought our adult tickets on special for $40.

The 2nd time I had coupon for buy an adult get a child free so did 1 club again (we had used our first ticket). Used it for an adult. We are 2 adults and 1 child if that helps. It also was right at $50. We have a lego store here in GA so maybe that did make a difference. I am not sure.

My son is lego obsessed anyways so he enjoys the little sets. I will say some are much better then others. He loved Indy and the little fireman was cute. The last couple have just been okay and looks like the next couple aren't that great either. We totally love legoland though and it is worth it just for the ticket.

I do hope they continue to send a general admission ticket because they clearly state it if for a child when signing up and picture is different! But works out well when you can do it for everyone.

So we just got back from our trip and spent the entire day at Legoland yesterday. It was awesome and my 8yo DS and 4yo DD both said it was better than Disneyland. We used the 2 brickmaster club admissions with no problem and I brought the expired coupon to pay for an adult and a child gets in free and they honored it with no problem. We had arrived at around 2:30pm the evening before and asked if we could preview the park for 1 hour with the free shopper pass, which they let us do and it gave us a feel for the park. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

So we just got back from our trip and spent the entire day at Legoland yesterday. It was awesome and my 8yo DS and 4yo DD both said it was better than Disneyland. We used the 2 brickmaster club admissions with no problem and I brought the expired coupon to pay for an adult and a child gets in free and they honored it with no problem. We had arrived at around 2:30pm the evening before and asked if we could preview the park for 1 hour with the free shopper pass, which they let us do and it gave us a feel for the park. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks for reporting back. Sounds like it was a ton of fun!! What is the "free shopper pass" and where did you get yours?

Did you have to ask at the gate for them to honor your expired ticket? Or did they just not even look at the expiration date?

We got our first Lego Brickmaster shipment on Friday. DS was sooo excited to finally get a Star Wars lego kit. We have put it together 3 times already.;) I got the Jan/Feb magazine in my shipment and it also had the BOGO free ticket that expired at the end of Jan 2009. I wonder if each shipment comes with a magazine and if so, will they have more BOGO free tickets?

One more question, did your 4 old have a tough time getting onto any of the rides due to height restrictions?

One more question, did your 4 old have a tough time getting onto any of the rides due to height restrictions?

If your kid is under 4 and/or under 42 inches, skip this park altogether! My 4yo DD is tall at 43 inches and would have been horribly disappointed if she wasn't able to go on the rides with her older brother. We saw many, many crying siblings!

Thanks for reporting back. Sounds like it was a ton of fun!! What is the "free shopper pass" and where did you get yours?

Did you have to ask at the gate for them to honor your expired ticket? Or did they just not even look at the expiration date?

We got our first Lego Brickmaster shipment on Friday. DS was sooo excited to finally get a Star Wars lego kit. We have put it together 3 times already.;) I got the Jan/Feb magazine in my shipment and it also had the BOGO free ticket that expired at the end of Jan 2009. I wonder if each shipment comes with a magazine and if so, will they have more BOGO free tickets?

1. Ask at the gate for the shopper pass. You leave an imprint of your credit card and have an hour to go in the park and shop. If you take longer than that, they charge full admission for everyone who went in. If you return in time, they give you back the imprint.

2. As for the expired coupon, I pointed it out but they accepted it anyway! I told them that we were new Brickmaster Club members and the coupon was the one we received in the most recent magazine.

3. Each shipment comes with a magazine, so two memberships = two free admissions and two BOGO coupons. I'm not sure what future magazines will offer...

If your kid is under 4 and/or under 42 inches, skip this park altogether! My 4yo DD is tall at 43 inches and would have been horribly disappointed if she wasn't able to go on the rides with her older brother. We saw many, many crying siblings!

1. Ask at the gate for the shopper pass. You leave an imprint of your credit card and have an hour to go in the park and shop. If you take longer than that, they charge full admission for everyone who went in. If you return in time, they give you back the imprint.

2. As for the expired coupon, I pointed it out but they accepted it anyway! I told them that we were new Brickmaster Club members and the coupon was the one we received in the most recent magazine.

3. Each shipment comes with a magazine, so two memberships = two free admissions and two BOGO coupons. I'm not sure what future magazines will offer...

Thanks for the reply! We just measured DD and she is 37 inches without shoes. We will just need to make the best of it and start setting the expectation now that she won't be tall enough to do ALL of the rides.

I do hope they continue to send a general admission ticket because they clearly state it if for a child when signing up and picture is different! But works out well when you can do it for everyone.

Maybe in the past it said the ticket was for a child, but now the web site clearly says its just a "General Admission" ticket, and doesn't say anything about using it for a child. From the website:

"BrickMaster™ subscribers will also receive a free General Admission Ticket to LEGOLAND® California, a $57 value!"

Thanks for all the info on this! I researched myself too because I was worried about the tickets being only for kids. To add I found this on the legoland.com website in the FAQ section:

BrickMaster Club
As a LEGO® Club BrickMaster member, one of your rewards is a free ticket to LEGOLAND California (can be used by either an adult or child). This ticket will arrive by mail directly from the LEGO Club and can be upgraded to a second day for $33.00 for a child or $39.00 for an adult. Or, it can be used to apply $10 towards a LEGOLAND Membership of your choice.

Unfortunately, lost BrickMaster tickets cannot be replaced.

Click here to learn more about BrickMaster and to become a member.

We just returned from a trip to Legoland (12/27-12/29) and had also signed our son up for the Brickmaster Club. Without question,they did allow me to use the complimentary ticket that came with the subscription plus his magazine had a coupon for a free child ticket with every purchased adult ticket. The coupon expired 12/31/08 but I wouldn't be surpised if they offer them again at some point next year. No matter what, like the above poster, my 9 year old LOVES getting the special sets -- our come every other month (not quarterly), so for 6 lego sets plus two (2) $5 off coupons for legoshop.com, I definitely think it is worth the price!

PS my son and my 6 year old daughter also LOVED Legoland -- almost more than disneyland!

Has anyone received the newest magazine/set? I assume for March/April? Wondering if it has a coupon and whne it expires, plus what the set is. We're going at the end of may and I'm considering signing up for this.

Also, are there two different magazines? One for jr? My son is 4 and at that inbetween for duplo and lego. I think lego would be better, but I don't want them to automatically sign him up for the younger sets.

Has anyone received the newest magazine/set? I assume for March/April? Wondering if it has a coupon and whne it expires, plus what the set is. We're going at the end of may and I'm considering signing up for this.

Also, are there two different magazines? One for jr? My son is 4 and at that inbetween for duplo and lego. I think lego would be better, but I don't want them to automatically sign him up for the younger sets.

There are two different magazines for the Lego Club which is a free magazine. There is a Jr. and regular. My 5 year old gets the Lego Club Jr. magazine. The Lego Club Jr. has legos, not duplos, but the sets featured are geared towards younger kids like Lego City.

The Brickmaster club is different magazine and there is only one. My DS gets that one too and enjoys it. We haven't received the March set yet but in my experience every issue of Brickmaster has had a coupon in it. The Brickmaster was worth it for us because you get one free ticket plus the magazine has the buy one adult get a child free coupon. So we can get my family into Legoland for the cost of one adult admission (my youngest DD will be free). Plus my DS really enjoys getting the sets and magazines in the mail. :)

The lego this month was a tiny creator dump truck. It is cute but quite small if you were thinking of adding it to the city collection.

I didn't realize they had a younger magazine. We have always gotten the one for older kids. DS has been getting the lego magazine and then brickmaster club since he was 2 (the mag) and 4 (for the club).

If the next issue has a coupon then I'll be able to pass one along. I just want to make sure I have one to use. I agree, the club is great because we only pay for one admission also then using the bogo coupon and free ticket from brickmaster club. I don't think you can use it online but I don't know that for sure. I have always just bought at the ticket window. I also wasn't sure if we could upgrade or not for the aquarium. It has just opened when we went and I didn't think we would have enough time to see it and the park.

Okay, now I'm really confused. I signed up for the free magazine a couple weeks ago, but it hasn't come yet. I had to call it in because my son doesn't have his own email address and the rep told me about the regular and jr versions and signed us up to receive both.

My understanding is these are just the magazines, no free lego sets sent, right?

Brickmaster Club: Are there two versions of this as well? One to send younger lego sets and one for older sets? What about the magazine? Two different or both the same?

Guess I should just pick up the phone. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter