Lesli's Live Long and Strong WISH Journal

Lesli, I'm SO glad you are back and that things are OK!

Glad you're here to stay! Have a GREAT weekend and take some YOU time!!

Thanks for stopping by and keeping tabs on me, Julie.

Yesterday was pretty good in some respects, not so good in others.

Food-wise, I did fine up through lunch. Then I ate chips before supper, had fries (baked) and a hamburger, got stressed (DD19 tension) then ate chips later. Could have been worse, I guess. But I could have done much better. Water was horrible.

I did a few minor things around my office, but for the most part, I was lost. After spending weeks upon weeks, focusing only on business, I just didn't know what to do. I thought about playing a game, but couldn't figure out which one (then when I did, we can find it). I was going to work on organizing my genealogy, but couldn't figure out which family to start with. I thought about reading, but couldn't figure out which book to read. There seems to be a theme here.:rolleyes1 Obviously, I was tired since I laid down for a nap and still ended up going to bed early.

This morning, I tried to sleep in, but DS was up at 6:30am. All I wanted was sleep until 7:30 that was uninterrupted. For breakfast, I had an english muffin, ham, yogurt, and grapefruit juice. No AM snacks. That could get me later.

I have spent a good part of the morning reorganizing my kitchen, including moving the microwave and toaster to new locations. Hopefully, my new arrangement will work much better. Also, I realized that it might give me new idea on how I want my new kitchen set up (hopefully next year's project).

DD19 and I had a talk this morning. It cleared some air, but I am not sure how things will go. Hopefully, she is sincere and realizes that we really do care. Time will tell.

I am taking the easy way out for lunch.....a bologna sandwich. Not the greatest idea, but it works for the moment while the kitchen is in half of a disarray. At least, my new arrangement will actually put a basket of fruit on the table rather than the counter where it gets missed. Hopefully, that will inspire my family to pick up some fruit when they want a snack.

My biggest goal for the day is to drink 6 glasses of water. At this point, I think I am so far off that I need to work on one goal at a time at least for a few days before adding in another goal.

Talk to you all later.::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Little steps in the right direction will still get you where you're going, Lesli!

Take it easy!

Glad you & DD got to talk! I hope she's sincere, too, but they sure can pull the wool over our eyes sometimes!

Have a Healthy week!

I didn't forget that I made a plan to stick around. The first week of the month, I went and took some classes, which was alot of fun. I haven't done anything for myself in over a year and a half so it really was relaxing, felt normal, and just alot of fun.

After that, it was a week of catch up on a lot of little things and attend various meetings and events. Things are slowing just a bit for the moment, so I am trying to stay motivated to get my bookwork for this year up to date, as well as keep up with the organizing efforts of my house. By the way, I did finish reorganizing the kitchen. So far, I think it works much better and I have less mess to clean up as far as the potential dumping grounds goes.

Although, I am considering going on strike. Here I had the kitchen, living room, dining room, and 2 bedrooms (mostly) organized and looking good. The dining room table has become the new catch all from every one, the towels are going into the floor in the bathroom (something that never happened before), the living room continues to add more unneccesary stuff, and the closet that I rearranged, seems to get coats on the floor rather than the hangers. I just don't get it. I know that DH is helping out, so it is most definitely the kids. Maybe, I will get a big tote and start putting the clean towels in it in my room, then they will pay me a dollar a towel when they want to take a shower and if I have to trip over the towel, they will pay me another dollar.:rolleyes:

Well, looks like DD19 just missed her first class. Did I wake her? No, she is supposed to be responsible and she can deal with the what I have to say later. She did begin seeing a counselor last week. I don't know how this will go, but hopefully, it will work. It was her idea and I went with so I know she definitely went. Tomorrow she is supposed to go again.

Food has not been going well. I am eating even when I tell myself that I am only eating because of stress and that I am not hungry and that I really need to change this habit into a positive one. Unfortunately, the stressed side of me says who cares and usually wins.

I want to be out of this cycle but just can't seem to get a grip on things. I have decided that I need to begin reading Dr. Phil again and jump back into the program. Everything made sense when I was working on that program and I didn't find things to be too difficult as opposed to know. This time, I just need to make sure I finish the program. (No car accidents)

Food today:
Breakfast - 1 bowl of Fruit Loops (I know not a good choice)
AM snack - string cheese
Lunch - Chinese buffet. I will pick and choose wisely.
PM snack - yogurt
Supper - Pizza. I will eat only a few slices and then quit.

Goals for the day:
1. Drink 5-6 glasses of water
2. No eating after 7:30pm. If I am "hungry", I will drink hot tea.

It's a start. I want to get back to making myself a priority because I was just more relaxed, accomplished more, and felt better in general. It was much better for my family.

Gotta go. Talk to you all later.::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Hope you're still hanging in there, Lesli! This is a ROUGH time, but you're strong. You WILL make it through! I'm still here praying for all of you!

Things have been so choatic. DD19 has moved out. A few days after she skipped class, she either did it again or was very late to class. Then it was back to the coming in really late. So late, that DH thought someone was breaking in and just about knocked DD19 out when he went running for the door. She of course saw nothing wrong with the situation and doesn't really understand (or doesn't want to understand) why DH reacted the way he did. Gee.......I think most men getting woke out of bed thinking someone was breaking in tends to put them on the defense. Needless to say, I told her that she had to leave and find another place to live since she has no respect for us or our house. We had very few house rules for her and that was just too constraining. 1. Go to school & work (in lieu of free rent) 2. Write your work/school schedule on the board (common courtesy just so we know who is gone during certin times in case something needs to be worked around) 3. Be home about 1:30am. (any time between 1 & 2 didn't really bother us, this was just so we know when someone was coming in, kind of prevents the earlier scene) 4. Get up at a decent time (the rest of the family is up and beginning their day by 7am, so why should she sleep until noon or later?) Not difficult, just part of functioning as a family. We never prodded much on where she was when she wasn't working or at school. She didn't help out much around here because she made herself very scarce. Funny thing is, once she left, the house has actually been much cleaner. The 15 towels piled on the bathroom floor must have come from her? Don't know, but we don't have that problem now. Some days, I think she didn't pick up after herself because she knew it would drive me nuts. So now she is living with a friend, but I am beginning to think it is actually her boyfriend. We had alot of mail her for her and DH asked her to either stop by more frequently to get it or change the address. Now the mail is going to her boyfriend's house and not the location where she is supposedly living. I am so frustrated because I don't know if I am getting straight answers from her. Just tell me the truth.

Fortunately, I have been staying busy these last few weeks, but unfortunately, I still manage to soothe my frustrations with food. I have made alot of headway in dejunking our house and trying to simplify our lives. DD17's room is finally repainted and pictures are hung. She loves the fact that she has a place for everything now and is trying to help me in other parts of the house. DH is also on the bandwagon and is actually asking himself whether he needs to keep something. The other day, he went and cleared out alot of old plants in our gardens that we dont' want anymore. We don't always have alot of time, so we are simplifying outside as well.

At the end of March we spent 2 grueling days clearing out the rest of the Dollar Store. It is finally closed up, now to finish the bookwork. Easter was good. My mom got to come down and spend some time. DD19 showed with her boyfriend for a very short time. Then I have been working on GS since we are meeting extra this month to get ready for an event next week. Thankfully, we will be done with GS in a couple of weeks, at least until just before school starts.

Food for today;
Breakfast: 1 egg omelet w/ cheese, ham, 1 c tea
AM snack: ? (not sure if I will be home)
Lunch: salad w/turkey, craisins, and almonds
PM snack: cheese & crackers
Supper: chicken strips (light batter, all white meat), green beans, pasta

Goals for today:
1. 60 oz water ( I have been doing much better, but need to track to see where I am at)
2. No eating after 7:30pm (this is a big downfall lately)
3. Try to keeep from stress related eating

Well, I better go for now. Talk to you all later.

Friday went fairly well. I ended up working up at the store because DH needed some extra help, so I missed my AM snack. Lunch was a few chicken strips in a light batter and rice. The PM snack was 2 graham cracker gold fish. Supper was chicken strips again, and I don't remember what else. I do know that I snacked here and there then later I ate popcorn. Oh yeah, a bowl of cereal. The stress of the day began to get to me. Water for the day wasnt' too bad.

Yesterday, I attended a genealogy conference which was fun. Breakfast was some donut holes on the way down. Lunch was a BBQ sandwich, a little cole slaw, green beans, celery, cauliflower, and carrots. I also had a sm glass of Sierra Mist. On my way home, I was craving McD's but managed to drive past. It wasn't that I was hungry, it was more that I was tired and felt I needed a pick me up. I had a few chicken strips when I got home which was a better option than a qtr lbr w/cheese & fries. Supper was fend for yourself. I had a bologna sandwich & chips along w/ a couple of goldfish graham crackers. Later, I had a few chips, but then I couldn't find anything else in the house to satisfy the junk craving and I didn't want the chips so I read a book. Not a bad thing. I guess there is alot to be said for getting the junk out of the house. Water for the day was okay.

Went to church this morning. As for the rest of the day, I plan to do some more cleaning/dejunking, pay bills, get some packages ready for mailing, work on the GS event for this week, and do a little bookwork. That may be ambitious, but I think I can get quite a bit of it done. Hopefully, it will keep me from eating.

Breakfast: 1 egg omelet w/cheese, ham, 1 c grapefruit juice
AM snack: fruit
Lunch: salad
PM snack: ???
Supper: marinated grilled chicken breast, pasta, and green beans, maybe a side salad as well.

Goals for the day:
1. get a battery for my scale
2. 60 oz water
3. No eating after 7:30pm
4. find ways to relieve the stress that doesn't include eating.

Talk to you all later.

Sunday's update: I managed to completley finish dejunking & organizing my bedroom. Just in time since the carpenter managed to come back with a bid on some work we are having done to our closet to make it larger. Once he is done we should also have stairs to the attic making storing of necessary tiems (I got rid of the unneccessary stuff) much easier. Besides, I can't wait to have my own closet organized! Anyways, most of the day was spent on that as I went through EVERYTHING! Thankfully, it distracted me from the eating. I missed the AM & Pm snack. Lunch was late and I had a bologna sandwich w/chips. Supper was as planned except I substitued watermelon for the pasta. Water was not so great. However, as I got tired later, I ate cereal, some popcorn, and ice cream. :sad2: I also managed to get my packages together, and do some bills.

Yesterday was full of running around, a whole day of GS. I got alot of errands done, plus managed to get alot of things prepared for our event later this week. Then drove up to an annual meeting. Breakfast was 1 egg omelet w/ mushrooms & cheese, ham, yogurt, & grapefruit juice. Lunch was on the run. I had a qtr lbr w/cheese, then split fries and apples w/ DS. A smart choice considering what I could have done. At the meeting, supper was actually appetizers. I had 4 meatballs, 2 tiny chicken wings, grapes, cauliflower & canteloupe. On the way home, DD17 and I tried to get DQ (the only selection on the way), but they were closed, so we went to a gas station and I grabbed a sm bag of cheetos (didn't eat them all). Then we were almost home and realized we could run out of our way for another DQ, where we got blizzards. Should have skipped it, but the lack of an actual supper made that difficult. Water not great.

Oh, I forgot to mention that DD19 called wanting me to co-sign loans for school. I know she can't attend w/o loans and I don't have a big problem with helping her figure out the financial picture, but I do have a problem with the fact that the only time I hear from her is when it is about money. Of course, she is telling me one cost that is much higher than the actuall needed, and she has only looked at a couple of options. I sent her back to find out actual terms, rates, etc. Of course, I already know some of the better options, but she doesn't seem to respect my advice so she can do the legwork and maybe she will find out for herself that I may know something.

Today, I plan to get some work done on bills and in the office here. Hopefully, I can also get some more GS wrapped up.

Food for the day:
Breakfast: 1 egg omelet w/mushrooms & moz, ham, grapefruit juice
AM snack: watermelon
Lunch: salad or tuna?
PM snack: cheese & crackers
Supper: tacos or taco salad

Goals for the day:
1. 60 oz water
2. get that battery for the scale (forgot)
3. Stay busy to keep away the munchies
4. some stretching exercises

Gotta go, so that I can get done alot today. I must say that it is very less stressing when I have things in order in my house.

Some of the days last week were good for food and some weren't. Water was horrible. On the plus side, I was very busy and it reminded me of the fact that I tend to eat far less when I am active. I just have to watch that I don't try to fight sleep too much, since I tend to over eat when I am tired.

The GS event last week went very well, better than expected. Thankfully it is over as it was a lot of work and I am just ready to be done with something for a few months. Then yesterday, I found myself wondering what to do. It is strange to really see that I am getting caught up in things. Lots to do yet, but I can see where I will actually have time to finish working on painting rooms in my house and do the things that I enjoy.

The other day, I cleaned out part of a garden bed. It is very strange not to get down on my hands and knees to garden. Instead, I sat in a low chair. There are a few things that I miss doing as a result of the knee injury, but at least I can usually find a way around the problem.

DD17 went to Prom over the weekend. She had a really good time and she is already planning next year. We got a lot of compliments on her dress. DH thinks she is looking too mature already, but I think that is a normal parent reaction.

DD19 actually stopped by twice last week and talked to people. It didn't seem so forced and empty, as it had been. Amazingly, she didn't ask for money. Instead she got advice to figure out her college financing on her own. She also decided not to go to school this summer, but to work instead. Probably the most mature decisions she has made in quite awhile.

I got a new battery for my scale. Very sad. :sad1: I have gained back almost all of the 40 lbs I had lost. At first it was depressing, as I hadn't realized it was that bad, then I got out of that mode as it won't benefit me. The fact is I need to almost start from square one. I ended up with alot of stress during a time when I couldn't get in alot of extra activity. I have been neglecting myself to a large degree, but it is very hard to focus on you when there is so much chaos. One of the big reasons for my dejunking and backing off of things. So, as of today, I am working on challenges again and recording on FitDay.

I CAN DO THIS!

Food for the day:
Breakfast: 1 egg omelet w/mushrooms & cheese, ham, 2 lg strawberries, 1 c milk
AM snack: yogurt
Lunch: taco salad & a few tortilla chips
PM snack: sm piece of cake (refreshments at a meeting)
Supper: marinated chicken on the grill, salad, green beans

Goals for the day:
1. 60 oz min of water (yesterday, I think I did 84oz :cool1: )
2. No eating after 7:30
3. Go to bed by 10:30
4. Excercise for 15 minutes (at least stretching to get back in the swing of things)

I better get going. I have updated all of my clippies and my ticker to reflect where I am right now. WISH me luck.

Yeah! 2.5 lbs down!

I think most of that was water, but I will take what I can get.

Yesterday, all my food went as planned except I missed the AM snack. Then later, I had 2 goldfish graham crackers and a piece of cake after supper. Water was about 80 oz. Sure, a little too much "treating" but soooooooo much better than I had been doing. I really felt good yesterday despite the fact that it was hot. The latest that I ate was 8pm, but I did make it to bed early which helped alot since I was really tired and avoided over eating. Not much excercise other than going up and down the stairs quite a bit.

I stayed busy yesterday by picking things up, going to my meeting, and cooking a nice supper. At the meeting, I was installed as Vice Regeant for the new year coming up.

Today is my birthday. The 40! I took DD9 to the eye dr. DS isn't feeling well, he pulled his hamstring on the trampoline, I think, so he was out of school today. It is hard to keep a little one down long enough to rest, but he wasn't walking well at all and it was bothering him alot. At the moment, it seems to be doing better, so we will see. DH took me out for Chinese for lunch. Other than that, I haven't done alot today, but I plan to get some work done in my office later.

Food for the day:
Breakfast: 1 egg, ham, english muffin, 1 c milk
AM snack: none
Lunch: 2 c egg drop soup, veggies, some white rice, some veggie fried rice, sm amout general tao's chicken, a few pieces of breaded chicken. Not too bad, could have been worse
PM snack: peanut butter crackers
Supper: taco salad & a few chips

Goals for the day:
1. at least 60 oz water
2. no eating after 7:30
3. in bed between 10 and 10:30

Well, I need to get going. Everyone have a great day!

:bday: :bday: party: party:

I'm glad I stopped in to 'see' you today!

Sounds like you're getting back in control - that's a good thing!

Hope you have a GREAT rest of the day & rest of the week!!

Down another pound! :cool1:

Actually, a bit surprising since I ate a few things I shouldn't and haven't been doing great with water in the last few days, but I haven't been overeating either.

Thanks for the Happy B-day, Julie.

Wednesday went pretty well and as planned for food. Thursday, I did alot of straightening around the house which really made me feel great. I actually am beginning to feel a sense of control over my house. At this time last year things were scattered everywhere as the family tried to make room for all the medical equipment. We sure have come along way in the past year and then some. The key to simplify the home is really working and I don't think I ever want to go back to just having stuff that you will one day use.

Thursday, I had an omelet w/mushrooms, & cheese, ham & strawberries for breakfast. Lunch was the rest of the taco salad. Supper was homemade pizza, of which I ate too much, but at least it was thin crust, small pieces, and lots of veggies. There was a snack or two in there, but I can't remember what. Water was so so.

Yesterday, I cleared out alot of Girl Scout paperwork and got the majority caught up and ready for the new year which begins in a few months. I should be able to put it all away after Monday, which will really feel good. I also went through more magazines and took out pictures or plans that give me ideas for the house and put the ideas in a binder. Now, all the magazine stacks are gone, save a few for the "coffee table". I figured, I can easily keep that under control. Plus now I have all the various ideas for decorating various rooms in a one inch binder which takes up far less space and allows me to see everything for a project all at once. Go me!:woohoo:

Breakfast yesterday was a one egg omelet with mushrooms, gr peppers, onions, & cheese, ham, strawberries, & milk. (I have been doing well with introducing milk back into my diet). AM snack was a tbsp of PB. Lunch was a few grilled chicken strips, followed by a few nuts. (I have been keeping whole nuts on the table as a snack which works well as it takes longer to crack the shells so no handfuls, they aren't salty, and they have protein). Then I fell apart a little and had some chips and 2 reeses pb cups. For supper, we went to Panera for my birthday dinner (Appleby's was overly busy). I had French Onion soup, a baguette, & tea. Afterwards, I had 1/2 of a cinnamon scone. Water wasn't great for the day, but better.

The great thing is that I am eating less throughout the day, I am getting plenty of sleep, and I am managing to avoid eating late at night. The exercise will come. For right now, that is actually alot to accomplish at one time. But I can see it already paying off in weight loss, increased energy, and a relaxed state of mind.

Today, I plan to continue with getting the GS paperwork under control, only about 1/2 hour more. Plus I plan to start on some bookwork. Tonight we have our last GS event.

Food for the day:
Breakfast: 1 egg omelet w/mushrooms, gr peppers, onion, & cheese, ham, strawberries & milk
AM snack: skip
Lunch: a brat (cookout time again), don't know what else
PM snack: yogurt
Supper: pizza

Goals for the day:
1. 60 oz water
2. no eating after 7:30
3. stay busy.

Gotta go. Everyone have a great day!

Down another .5 lbs.! And I remembered to update my clippie. It sure feels good to be back on the losing streak again. You know this go around, the numbers on the scale are not as scary. I think it is because, I have faced those fears before and know much of what got me back here was uncontroled circumstance. Now I know that I am back in control and I think that makes a huge difference.

Yesterday went pretty much as planned. I ate a few chips with my lunch, but not many as they made me feel weighed down. Supper was around 7:30, so I didn't quite make that cut off and I did have a tbsp of PB around 9:30. I was really fighting the urge to go get B&J Heath ice cream. Thankfully, I won. Water wasn't as good as I had hoped and I did have a glass of pepsi with dinner. All in all, a fairly good day.

The GS event was ok. The girls went rollerskating, but were a bit bored, mainly because they were the only ones there for the most part and the owner wouldn't turn on the colored lights for them. I really think the lights would have inticed them to skate more. But they seemed to enjoy each other's company and we didn't stay long. The goal was to bring in pizza since they have horrible food at the rink, but we weren't allowed to do that so we left early and went down the road to Happy Joe's (I pre-ordered). I think the girls had more fun sitting at the table eating pizza and ice cream. Just one more meeting left!:banana:

Food for the day:
Breakfast - cream of wheat & 1 c grapefruit juice
AM Snack - 1 c milk & strawberries
Lunch - tuna wrap, canteloupe & honeydew
PM Snack - cheese & cucumbers
Supper - either a pork chop or brat (leftovers), not sure what else

Goals for the day:
1. 60 oz water
2. 1/2 hour exercise (15 min break from work x 2)
3. No eating after 7:30
4. In bed between 10 and 10:30

Well, I have a lot that I want to accomplish in my office today. We also have opening day at the ball park, so I need to see DD9 play. Other than that, I just plan to keep busy with getting things caught up in order to simplify life.

Everyone have a great day!

Happy Mother's Day, Lesli!

Glad you're getting back on track.

How is DD doing? I know the pain she is causing. Hopefully someday our wayward children will GROW UP!!!!

Happy Birthday, Lesli! (a bit belated, I know...)

I hope this year brings much health and happiness to you and yours! :goodvibes

It is so great to see you back Pearlieq! Thanks for the well-wishes.

Julie, one can only hope that ones children will one day realize that being an adult does not mean cutting all ties and trying to look as if they are acting mature, when what actually comes across is the exact opposite.

The weight that I lost this month? It's all back. My only hope is that I can shed a few of those lbs again by months end.

There has been good news, stressful news, and bad news. The good news is that since GS is over, I have been able to concentrate on so many other things. Of course it also helps that I feel so much more recovered everyday. Even the things that I couldn't do well or wore me out a month ago are much easier now. Life is really beginning to feel normal in terms of stamina and mobility. I have even begun getting down on the floor again for various things. That scarred me since getting up can get quite difficult with the limitation in the right knee, but the other day, I think I figured out the best way to get back up with little trouble. The great thing about all of this is that I won't be so afraid of being able to get off the floor if for some reason I were to fall or trip. Also, it really increases my activity level because I can do gardening. I would have to sit on the ground and not on my knees but I can live with that. Also, I could clean the baseboards easier or paint the bottom of the walls if I could sit on the floor vs. bending over. So needless to say, I have been enjoying this increased mobility and getting more done. Even carrying things up or down the stairs is getting better.

About the only thing I really cannot do is ride a bike. That knee just doesn't bend enough to get all the way around. Last week I got really depressed when I realized that I would never go on a bike ride with my son. I have more recently considered finding someone who can custom build a bike to accomodate my limitations in knee range. This is not something that I have mentioned to DH about yet, but my guess is that if I do, then he will find soemone who can help. After all, there are people out there with more limitations than I and they ride bikes, run, climb, and everything else, so why can't I?

Believe it or not, I have actually gotten quite close to being 100% caught up with my book work. My office is really shaping up. I have been telling myself that I cannot paint or start another project until my bookwork is done. So now that I am about a week away from being able to paint my office and get it finished, decor wise, I just brought in a massive stack of books that was sitting in my dining room. They are old tax registers (about 80 of them) and too cumbersome to move, so I guess we won't be painting until I find a facility that will take these books.

Yesterday and today, I am cleaning house, and I mean CLEANING. DH's aunt passed away and since it is a small service we are going to all come back to our house afterwards so that everyone can relax and have a bite to eat. Although I could have done the basic pick up and wipe down, I decided to do some deep cleaning. Mainly because it really hasn't been down since the accident and could really use it. I have the screened porch done, the dining room (except for the table), the back hall (except for mopping), and all the cobwebs are down everywhere on the main floor. I just have to wipe down walls in the foyer, living room, kitchen, and small bathroom, dust, wipe down counter, sweep, vaccum, and mop. Looks like I will be at it all day. However, I am looking at all of this as exercise since I am sweating and I haven't done this amount of activity for a long time.

Food has been so-so. DH has had me stressed with business and his aunt, and other things he can think of. Very unusual for him so it is really effecting me. Then there is DD19. She called for my birthday and mother's day, so I guess I should be grateful. However, she says she will call in a few days and doesn't, she promises that she will have money to pay back for something or other and doesn't. The other day, I found out that she was in town to take care of a few things, but didn't bother to stop by and see us. Mind you we live in a rural town and only blocks from where she was "taking care of things" so there really isn't any reason why she couldn't stop. It is not like we are on the way to anything. It really hurts alot and I am trying to deal with it, but I don't always know how. My first impluse is to just keep eating and put myself in a food coma. I know it is not the answer but it is very hard to resist.

Well, I should be going. I have lots more work to do.::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Well, I managed to get all the cleaning done. It was great to have so much stamina. I worked hard, but it felt great just to be able to get all those things accomplished. Now, I just need to do the same for the upstairs and the basement. However, I think we need to tackle the garage this week and get things gone through for the all town clean up. A great chance to get rid of some of those broken or useless things that you always seem to have around.

Food for the last few days has been pretty good. Thursday night, however, I ate really late since I had been working all day and didn't properly stop for meals. Yesterday, wasn't too bad, but I had a few things here and there like peanut M&M's, cheetos (small amount), and ice cream (kids cone) that I could have done without. What is frustrating is when you have been so active and the scales don't move. Oh well. Onward and downward!

Todays food:
Breakfast - 1 egg omelet w/cheese, ham, water
AM snack - strawberries and orange slices
Lunch - brat on bun
PM snack - cucumbers and cheese
Supper - maybe chicken brocoli ring and salad. Not sure.

Goals for the day:
1. 60 oz water
2. 30 minutes exercise (or 2 - 15 min sessions)
3. No eating after 8pm
4. Read a book before bed (learning to relax and destress for the day)
5. Bed by 10:30pm

Let's see how that all goes.

I reall need to put in a few de-stressors and with so many things getting back on track, I think now is a good time to really pursue taking care of me again.::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

I have decided that it was time to do a progress report and get myself back to my goal planning.

Well, it has officially been 2 years and 2 months (plus a few days) since taking the WISH challenge and I am still here. Despite all the ups and downs.

Have I been successful? Yes, I did lose 40 lbs since starting. The great thing is that I kept it off for most of the time. Please note that I did gain much of it back in the last 6-7 months, but I don't consider it a failure. Two reasons: 1) I proved to myself that I really can do this and can change my life and health for the better. 2) Unforseen circumstances found me in an accident that put a quick halt to any of my exercising and weight loss efforts. The past year and 3 months I have been focusing on re-gaining strength and stamina. Stress during recovery added to my recent weight gain. But that is ok because through all of this, I have learned alot. While looking back through my journal, I was reminded that at 3 months in to my weight loss program, it WAS very possible to keep up with my program while life was hectic. That is something that I need to keep in mind now as I move forward.

What I know now:
1. Exercise is still more likely to happen when I get up early. (still true)
2. My AM snack is still very important for maintaining a good day. (still true)
3. I can plan lunch with little problem, but supper still needs work. (still true, why is that?)
4. Staying busy is key.
5. I CAN lose weight and accomplish many goals that I set for myself.

Things I have learned:
1. Weight loss slows down dramatically when life is hectic if you don't make it a priority.
2. Having support is AWESOME! (you feel lonely without it)
3. I can still find plenty of excuses for not exercising.
4. When I am tired, I make very bad decisions in terms of food (In other words, take a nap or go to bed).
5. Weight gain can sneak up on you with a vengence if you are not careful, so maintanence is really key.
6. Using Fitday.com is essential for helping me become more aware about different foods.
7. I am NOT doomed to a life of "fat-dom". I did it once, I can do it again.
8. I am NOT content with just saying "this is just the way things are and I can't change it".

Things that changed:
1. I used to enjoy shopping when I was doing the program, but now as weight has increased, my enjoyment for shopping has decreased.
2. 3 months into the program, my feet didn't hurt from ALOT of walking, now they are hurting again due to the extra weight gain
3. I can host a party and not eat alot before, during, and after. (still true, so the good news? Some things did stick.)
4. I share desserts at restaurants more often or just skip them.
5. I now have some mobility limitations in terms of exercise and daily chores, but I have learned that I am motivated enough to keep perservering and will find ways to still do the things I want to do.

Things I still need to work on:
1. EXERCISE. Now that my stamina is back up, fiiting in a true exercise regimen is very feasible.
2. I STILL need to prepare some suppers ahead of time.
3. Sticking with my plan and goals.
4. A well stocked kitchen. Still have problems with this, although the fridge is dejunked at the moment which is a plus.

This starts my 27 month with WISH. I started the program at 230 and originally lost 42, putting me at 188. After the hospital, I did see 184. Cool. However, with the added weight gain, I am back to 223, making my total weight loss now at 7 lbs. Not the great number that it was, but I it will be soon.

I created some new goals to reflect my recent weight gain. I didn't make it to 150 by my 40th birthday, but I can make it by the next birthday.

1. 10lbs lost by first weekend in July (weddings & surprise birthdays)
2. 25lbs lost by anniversary (mid Aug)
3. 45lbs lost by senior night footbal game (late Oct)
4. 55lbs lost by Thanksgiving
5. 65lbs lost by Christmas
6. 73lbs lost by Jan 31. Hit the goal!!!!!!!!!!! (in time for senior night basketgall game)

Resetting my mini-goal rewards for each 5lbs lost:
1st mini goal reward: (a 3lb reward, down to 220) A much needed haircut.
2nd mini goal reward: New necklace & earrings that are casual

Life can get you down sometimes, but you just have to get back up again. I am looking forward to updating this progress report again next month. It is so exciting to be starting anew. This time I will continue to remember that keeping busy and maintenance are key.

Well, I started out well yesterday, but by the end of the day that changed.

I had a few chips. It was really raining hard here so we didn't do the cookout. So for lunch, I had 3 mini bagel dogs w/ lots of fruit. Not too bad so far. Then I ate a kudos bar. Then it was cheese and crackers, then I made PB cookies and ate 2 of those. I wasn't really hungry when supper came around but I managed to eat 1/2 a pizza w/ too much cheese anyway. Plus a can of Pepsi. Later I had some more fruit. Water was horrible.

I think that most of my problem was that I was actually worn out from all the activity this past week and instead of relaxing and just enjoying the day, I kept trying to tell myself that I needed to get things done. Didn't work very well. After thinking about it some, it does seem to be a trend. I have been pushing so hard to get things caught or projects completed that everyday I am telling myself that I need to keep working to get these things done, then I will have time to relax. Instead, I end up wasting a whole day, because I am too tired to concentrate on work or intensive projects and I start eating trying to find the energy, but never do. I think that what I need to do is recognize those days and then either relax and read, or do some sorting of pictures, or do a simple craft with the kids. That way, I will be busy, but not needing full intense concentration. I will have to try that.

Breakfast - cream of wheat, ham, and watermelon
AM snack - fruit
Lunch - tuna wrap and salad OR an LC Panini (they taste really good and are only 250 cal)
PM snack - yogurt
supper - ???

Goals for today:
1. 60 oz water
2. If I can't concentrate on work, then do some relaxing activities
3. In bed by 10:30 (I do have to say that my eyes and face are looking brigher because of proper sleep)

Not sure what is on the agenda today, other than a bit of yard work. Maybe cleaning the garage or start cleaning out the basement. I would like to get some work done, but if that doesn't work then I will start sorting and marking pictures in the picture closet.

Gotta go, everyone have a great day!::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

I am not sure where my week has gone. I have been doing some work, attended a meeting, paid bills, oh and cleared alot from my desk. Even went through some old school papers that I found in a drawer. Can't keep them all. I even have DH in the clearing out mode.

An update on the May challenges:
Weight loss was 1.5/10 lbs. Not great, but at least it was a loss.
Exercise was 595/450. All the strenuous cleaning in such a short time helped.

I am doing challenges for June.
Weight loss is set at 10 lbs. I am starting at 222 and am feeling good about this month.
Exercise is set at 450 minutes.

Today, I got a haircut. It is amazing how good you can feel about yourself just by changing your hair. This was a reward for reaching 220, but I have a dinner meeting tomorrow and I just wanted to feel more confident. So now I need to loose some more.

We had some powerful storms here this afternoon and my sister and family got really lucky. A tornado ripped through their town, but their house is safe, just barely. She says it is a real mess in town.

Food today:
Breakfast - 1 fried egg, ham, 1/2 english muffin, and 1 c milk
Lunch - part of super nachos (not very good). Killing time waiting out the storm while I was at the mall
Supper: LC Chicken Club panini

Water hasn't been too great today. This afternoon, I had 3 hohos and a few chips. Don't know why. If I have anything else to eat later, it will be fruit.

Gotta go. Talk to you later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter