• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let’s Talk Mask Designs and Styles!

. W also picked up 2 face masks (Mickey and Goofy faces). My son and I wore our Disney masks and they were VERY comfortable for 3 hours. They are actually quite cool and breathable.

if I may- I haven't been following too closely.

So, are the masks different than the 4 packs available online? My husband wants a Stitch one but with all the issues the online ones have been having, plus the fact that I don't really want any of the others in that set, I've been holding off buying any. This sounds like they're available in singles...?

So, are the masks different than the 4 packs available online? My husband wants a Stitch one but with all the issues the online ones have been having, plus the fact that I don't really want any of the others in that set, I've been holding off buying any. This sounds like they're available in singles...?
Not the OP, but WonkaKid did post these WOD pics of the mask availability in the DTD Reopening Superthread, and I believe people have been buying them individually. I also just visited my local Disney Store which reopened last week, and they have individual masks for sale for $6.

Some pics from WOD. I’ll fix the rotated ones later.

View attachment 509217

View attachment 509218

Not the OP, but WonkaKid did post these WOD pics of the mask availability in the DTD Reopening Superthread, and I believe people have been buying them individually. I also just visited my local Disney Store which reopened last week, and they have individual masks for sale for $6.
Oh! Thank you so much! I'd much rather just pick and choose which one(s) we want!

There is a Disney Store not too far from me so I will call them and ask!

Thanks again and I'm sorry I missed @WonkaKid 's pictures!!

To add to the above information, people have posted that the masks in store are available in sizes S-L, but the XL size is (for now) only available online.

To add to the above information, people have posted that the masks in store are available in sizes S-L, but the XL size is (for now) only available online.
Oh very good; thank you.

I did measure my husband for the other style and he came up at an XL, so I'll have to go take a look at the website again. When I looked before (maybe a week ago), only the 4 packs came up in my search.

Edit: ARE these a different style? Of course the website images show them "spread out" and the packaged ones are still pleated... maybe they're all the same style after all!

Last edited:
Oh very good; thank you.

I did measure my husband for the other style and he came up at an XL, so I'll have to go take a look at the website again. When I looked before (maybe a week ago), only the 4 packs came up in my search.

Edit: ARE these a different style? Of course the website images show them "spread out" and the packaged ones are still pleated... maybe they're all the same style after all!
I don't think the ones in the Disney Store are a different style. When you call your local store, ask them if/when they will receive the XL size. They are only available for pre-order online right now, so the mall stores may get them later.

Oh very good; thank you.

One of the store CM's was wearing the mask purchased at the Disney Store and it looked the same as the ones I've seen in pictures of the online purchases. It seems different, because the store packaging makes them seem much smaller.

Went to DTD this evening and wore the black and red Minnie mask. It was SOO comfortable! Other cloth masks seem to feel suffocating. These ones didn’t. Glad I have a few now!

Everlane masks are very soft and comfortable! They are cotton (like t-shirt fabric), at least two layer (I think), without a filter pocket. Easy to launder. A portion of the proceeds goes to the ACLU. Wore one today for medical appointments and errands -- worked out quite well in the warm weather. A little warmer than the Old Navy masks, but much softer on my face.

Soooo I looked up my local Disney store and it says "temporarily closed".... I didn't know that and it worries me because where I am (Arizona) there are no current restrictions on what types of retail establishments can be open. So this is voluntary on their part.

My kids are older now so I don't go in there as often as I used to when they were younger but this makes me sad :(

However, I am hoping to go to DL in October (assuming it's open... yikes) and if I do I will visit WoD and look for the individual Stitch mask there.

Costco has these online:

They also have a 2-pack of cooling gaiters for 19.99. I haven’t tried either as I tend to prefer the disposables.

Hi. How is it without the nose wire? I have so many masks, but still haven't found ones I particularly like for just throwing on easily for a quick errand. While I like the fit of disposables the most and plan to use them at Disney (one day...sigh), it feels too wasteful to wear them for regular wear. But a lot of the ones without nose wires just seem to either irritate my nose or lay awkwardly. I guess for only $4 it's an inexpensive cost for trying them at least!
Get ten & rotate them (meaning wear each one day, then at the end of the day, lay it out in a sunny sporting your home, in order of when you wore it). The next day pick the next of your 10 rotating masks. Studies have shown that the virus degrades over that period of time, so doing that saves you money and reduces trash. All you need is ten masks and a safe foot (our of reach of your kids, if you have any). I got this tip from my physician husband who gets the newest and latest about the virus from his department chief, do the source for this information is pretty reliable. If you use this trick with cloth masks, it can get expensive to buy 10 of them, but if you use “disposables” anyhow, this could work for you. 😀

Get ten & rotate them (meaning wear each one day, then at the end of the day, lay it out in a sunny sporting your home, in order of when you wore it). The next day pick the next of your 10 rotating masks. Studies have shown that the virus degrades over that period of time, so doing that saves you money and reduces trash. All you need is ten masks and a safe foot (our of reach of your kids, if you have any). I got this tip from my physician husband who gets the newest and latest about the virus from his department chief, do the source for this information is pretty reliable. If you use this trick with cloth masks, it can get expensive to buy 10 of them, but if you use “disposables” anyhow, this could work for you. 😀
Thanks! I do actually have plenty of cloth masks lol. Think I have 15, plus two Buffs for hiking. I'm just on the continued hunt for one that fits and feels a bit better. I only have the disposables because I bought several boxes for my parents and figure it's good to keep some around just in case. (And right now, I do plan to use them at Disney if the weather is still warm...which it may not be the way things are going.) But I agree with you—having a good inventory of masks is key. I use mine once, throw them in a ziploc bag I designated for masks, and then launder them. So even though I don't 100% love any of my cloth masks, I know I'll always have a clean one ready to throw on at least.

I've thought of buying some paper masks just to have on hand, but cannot find any that are not made in China. I'm not anxious to buy masks made in China. If anyone has found any that are not made in China, I would love to know where to buy them.
These aren't the blue paper masks I think you want, but they are disposable and are made in CA:
https://nanoairmask.com/products/pu...how&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=nanomasksThey were featured on the Today Show.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that was their reasoning against gaiters. The ones we have are 2 layer, with a pocket for a filter, so that's a 3rd layer.
This article was the best reasoning I read about why WDW was disallowing bandannas and gaiters: due to a study out of a Florida university that showed that single-layer-type coverings (such as bandannas and gaiters hanging loose and not folded over) allow droplets to disperse significantly further than double-layer cloth masks.
https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/d...neck-gaiters-from-face-covering-requirements/
I'm still waiting on my Disney masks that I ordered back at the beginning of May. Hopefully any day now...

For those with the Old Navy Masks I bought nose bridge strips and then cut a very small slit in the liner and fit them in. Now I can wear the old navy masks without them without my glasses fogging up.
Amazon Nose brigade Strips

I also finally got my disney masks I ordered back in April. Like everyone said the masks are different sizes even if you got the same size but I do think they will all work after I add extra elastic to the ears. Even with popping the stitch they still bend our ears. I also did the trick above with the nose bridge strips so they fit securly under my nose/cheek area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter