Let the fun begin MAW/GKTW PTR Chase June 23-29-2010

I noticed in one of your recent posts that you mentioned having breakfast at Ohanas at Epcot...except I think Ohanas is at the Polynesian? I've never been there, but I would think you could definitely do Ohanas on a MK day. Of course, if they get you a Chef Mickey's ressie, then that's a great option as well!

You are getting so close...sounds like you have everything ready, and are well prepared!!

Oh those are nice Big Give shirts!! I love the Mickey's! Chase and Selah's outfits are adorable!! I can't believe you only have 8 days:cool1:

I noticed in one of your recent posts that you mentioned having breakfast at Ohanas at Epcot...except I think Ohanas is at the Polynesian? I've never been there, but I would think you could definitely do Ohanas on a MK day. Of course, if they get you a Chef Mickey's ressie, then that's a great option as well!

You are getting so close...sounds like you have everything ready, and are well prepared!!

:rotfl: I am pretty sure you are right!! I don't know what in the world I was thinking!!! Well that solves my dilema doesn't it? LOL!

Oh those are nice Big Give shirts!! I love the Mickey's! Chase and Selah's outfits are adorable!! I can't believe you only have 8 days:cool1:

I am so excited over all of the BIG Give stuff that we all got!! I know the kids are going to look so cute on our trip!!!

I can't believe we leave in ONE week!!! :cheer2: I still have a ridiculous amount of stuff to do!! I couldn't find my suitcase so I tore this house AND my shed up looking for it yesterday!! It was under my bed....go figure! So now on top of starting to pack my suitcase, print out the directions to our ADR's, make phone calls, take chase to his dr. appt and register him for summer camp, I now have to clean up the mess I made today!!! UGGG!!!

And I just remembered that Selah's pre school teacher is coming by the house today for her end of the year home visit! AND Courtney has a camp meeting this evening :confused3 Tomorrow and Friday look more of the same!!! Sheesh at least I will busy!

On a good note! I have just a few more items to put in Courtney's suitcase and she is all done! I slid quite a few suprises in there for her! I know she is going to be so happy!! Selah and Chase are all packed up! I will get their carryons together on Friday morning. I think I will take our suitcases over my mom's on Saturday morning while Courtney has her hair appt!

Thank God she still has NO clue we are leaving next week!! Am I really going to have pulled this off??? I sure hope so!

:rotfl: I am pretty sure you are right!! I don't know what in the world I was thinking!!! Well that solves my dilema doesn't it? LOL!

I am so excited over all of the BIG Give stuff that we all got!! I know the kids are going to look so cute on our trip!!!

I can't believe we leave in ONE week!!! :cheer2: I still have a ridiculous amount of stuff to do!! I couldn't find my suitcase so I tore this house AND my shed up looking for it yesterday!! It was under my bed....go figure! So now on top of starting to pack my suitcase, print out the directions to our ADR's, make phone calls, take chase to his dr. appt and register him for summer camp, I now have to clean up the mess I made today!!! UGGG!!!

And I just remembered that Selah's pre school teacher is coming by the house today for her end of the year home visit! AND Courtney has a camp meeting this evening :confused3 Tomorrow and Friday look more of the same!!! Sheesh at least I will busy!

On a good note! I have just a few more items to put in Courtney's suitcase and she is all done! I slid quite a few suprises in there for her! I know she is going to be so happy!! Selah and Chase are all packed up! I will get their carryons together on Friday morning. I think I will take our suitcases over my mom's on Saturday morning while Courtney has her hair appt!

Thank God she still has NO clue we are leaving next week!! Am I really going to have pulled this off??? I sure hope so!

OH WOW!!!!:cool1::banana: I am so excited for you all!!! Sounds like your packing is coming along. Oh I love how you are putting some surprises in there. That is a neat idea. Wow are you busy:scared1: I cannot wait to read your TR! But I am not rushing your trip through or anything like that;) JUST EXCITED FOR YOU ALL!!!!! :banana::love::yay:

OH WOW!!!!:cool1::banana: I am so excited for you all!!! Sounds like your packing is coming along. Oh I love how you are putting some surprises in there. That is a neat idea. Wow are you busy:scared1: I cannot wait to read your TR! But I am not rushing your trip through or anything like that;) JUST EXCITED FOR YOU ALL!!!!! :banana::love::yay:

I tried to put little treats in everyone's bag! Even my mom's :) It is definitely going to be a busy week. And I am looking forward to doing my TR too...but I'm actually a little nervous!! I've read some really good ones!!!

Wow, you are a busy woman! I can't believe you've kept the date a secret also! Good job! The busy schedule will help the time go faster, but maybe that's not a good thing! lol I laughed that you couldn't find your suitcase.

How are Chase's eyes doing?

What a wonderful idea of putting the surprises in everyone's suitecases! I would do that, except my son would never actualy look in his...what can I say, he is a 16 year old boy...:rotfl2:

But, I just think that is really sweet of you to want to make this so special for everyone!

Lynn

Wow, you are a busy woman! I can't believe you've kept the date a secret also! Good job! The busy schedule will help the time go faster, but maybe that's not a good thing! lol I laughed that you couldn't find your suitcase.

How are Chase's eyes doing?

I can laugh now! But I was going absolutely MAD looking for it :rotfl:
Chase's eyes are STILL red :( I just thought for sure they would be all clear by the time we left. I'm not so sure now. They are no where near as bad as they were, but it is still very noticeable. I'm just worried because people are always asking me if he has pink eye! I don't want anyone at the pools to think that he has it.

What a wonderful idea of putting the surprises in everyone's suitecases! I would do that, except my son would never actualy look in his...what can I say, he is a 16 year old boy...:rotfl2:

But, I just think that is really sweet of you to want to make this so special for everyone!

Lynn

Oh I am defnitely going to have to "point" the surprises out to Courtney! She is at that age where if if doesn't "jump out" at you, it doesn't exist! :rolleyes1

So today I worked on my suitcase. It took me forever and I still need two small items. I tried on so many things that looked like crap I started to get discouraged for a moment. Then I remembered my old trusty SPANX and all is right with the world again :lmao:

I'm going to work on their carryons tonight and that should be it!! I think this is a record for me. I usually pack the day before!!! Can you imagine the madness????

Anyway, I'm going out with my mom tomorrow to help her pick out a few last minute things and get these eyebrows of mine whipped into shape. I'm looking forward to this weekend. Hopefully I can cook out on our grill on Saturday and we have some water balloons to play with! I am going to totally veg out on Sunday though because I have been running non-stop!

Courtney's last day of school was today and her report card was just awesome!!

She ended up with 2 A's, 3 B's and 2 C's! Now that may not seem that great to some, but little Miss Courtney has come a long way!! She has always struggled in school. And she has never qualified for any kind of services as she has always been just under the radar. It has been extremely stressful for us. Knowing that she needs, help but isn't able to get any. However the school that she goes to now is extremely AWESOME. Courtney has thrived continuously from the first year she attended. The teachers adore her and many keep in touch with her over the summer. One teacher takes her to plays (Courtney is a musical fanatic) and her and another teacher ride bikes and do all kind of other things. It's a good feeling when teachers and school staff go above and beyond these days. There are still so many good teachers out there who love doing their job!

Well, I'm going to relax for a few minutes and then take Selah out for a spin on her new skates. Chase isn't feeling so hot today. He's been sleepy on and off all day. I pray that he is not coming down with anything!

I've been so busy that I forgot to tell you guys that we got another package from llaxton! She was so sweet to give Selah an outfit for Epcott that her daughter had outgrown before she'd even got a chance to wear it!

007-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

Thanks again for the adorable outfit!!

We are absolutely all set for our trip! The ladies and their families in the BIG GIVE were so generous to us!! The kids are going to look awesome in all of their customs!! We have so much to take with us! I just smiled and cried while I packed the kids stuff! I got overwhelmed all over again!!!

Great job Courtney!!! As her momma you know her best, and if she's worked hard and shown improvement she deserves a big pat on the back.

Cute Epcot outfit! That's one that would work outside "the world" also. :thumbsup2 Gotta love those!

What cute things that have arrived!! I am glad you are all ready and can't believe Courtney still doesn't know! She did do a great job in school. Sounds like a wonderful place with wonderful teachers!

Glad to see that Chase loved his Thomas outfit. When I read that he liked Thomas I knew I just had to make him something Thomas.

Have a great trip in case I don't check in again!

Great job Courtney!!! As her momma you know her best, and if she's worked hard and shown improvement she deserves a big pat on the back.

Cute Epcot outfit! That's one that would work outside "the world" also. :thumbsup2 Gotta love those!

I agree that outfit is just adorable. It has been so hard not letting them wear their stuff all this time. But I know once we get there I will be happy that I didn't let them!

What cute things that have arrived!! I am glad you are all ready and can't believe Courtney still doesn't know! She did do a great job in school. Sounds like a wonderful place with wonderful teachers!

Glad to see that Chase loved his Thomas outfit. When I read that he liked Thomas I knew I just had to make him something Thomas.

Have a great trip in case I don't check in again!

She has no clue. She thinks we are going in the fall because Chase's birthday is in November :lmao: Chase is going to be so cute in his Thomas outfit! He has Thomas shoes, a Thomas blankie and Thomas swim trunks! That boy is going to be in Thomas heaven!!!

Well we are getting close. We picked up Courtney's glasses today. How I left out the house and forgot Chases's glasses I don't know :( I was supposed to take his glasses in to be fixed, but rushing around...I forgot them!!

Now I'm off for my walk. My goal today is to get three miles in! Later on this afternoon I will be shopping with my mom for her last minute trip items!! Busy, Busy, Busy!!

Oh I love Selahs outfit. That is too sweet!! Shopping and walking all in one day Oh my! You sure did a great job of keeping this a secret:yay:

Way to go Courtney!! That is wonderful grades!!

Oh I love Selahs outfit. That is too sweet!! Shopping and walking all in one day Oh my! You sure did a great job of keeping this a secret:yay:

Way to go Courtney!! That is wonderful grades!!

Believe me, it has been sooo hard!!! There have been many "almost" slip ups!!!:rotfl:

We are down to the wire now!!! Courtney had a hair appointment today so I've been doing pretty much nothing, lol. On a good note, we are ALL packed and everything is over my mother's house INCLUDING our carryons!! (except for mine)

I think I am just going to relax for the rest of the day watching movies. Tonight is "game night" and tomorrow I will do some housework and we will do our yard stuff and cookout!

4 MORE DAYS!!! I can't believe it!!!

Well I just finished reading a few posts about WWOHP and Oh my :scared1: The lines are record breaking and just awful. They are saying that there was a wait of quite a few hours to even get into that area of the park :( I pray that everything works out. Chase watched the segment on the Today show about it and Courtney saw it as well, she's been talking about it nonstop and JUST now asked me if we could have a Harry Marathon tomorrow.

There's no way I'd say no to that!! I can't wait LOL!! We are getting ready to go to the store to get our popcorn (I have one of those old school air poppers lol) and I'm going to let everyone pick ONE candy just like we do when we go to the movies!! They are really excited too. Courtney has requested that we get up and shower early in the morning change into some comfy clothes and get the marathon started. We haven't done this in AGES!!!

Leah I've been watching the info on HP as well. I was wondering if any of the wish kids would be there around opening time. I saw your post on the US forum. You know, as long as you can get into the park, if you speak with a TM, I really think they'll make something happen. I can't imagine them having a wish child wait in line to get into that section of the park....at least I'm hoping that's what they'll do. My main concern would be making sure you're at the park early enough to get parking. (I haven't read much on today's happenings there but I haven't seen anything about the park being filled to capacity today like it was yesterday.)

I'd love to hear how it works out for you. Sydney is too young to know who HP is but my oldest is just getting into it and DH is a huge fan ... I'd love for them all to at least experience the land.

Have you called US to ask? Or GKTW? They may have some answers for you.

I was just watching the local news to see what they are saying about the crowds at US. They remain heavy and they are expected to remain heavy through the weekend. If you go, mid week should be better as you won't have the locals. What they are doing now is limiting the number they allow in the Harry Potter area, so once you get in there, it shouldn't be as crowded. The biggest line in the area is still the butter beer line. Perhaps you should try bypassing the line and go straight to the Harry Potter area and ask there about getting in. Apparently it is still quite unorganized, so you may have to ask several employes before you find someone who will let you in. However, they are interviewing people who say it is worth the wait. Good news is that we are in our "afternoon rain" season - but they are talking about the weather drying out a bit later in the week. Just be sure to get in as many of your "outdoor" activities in the morning.

I will try to keep checking.

Katie

Leah I've been watching the info on HP as well. I was wondering if any of the wish kids would be there around opening time. I saw your post on the US forum. You know, as long as you can get into the park, if you speak with a TM, I really think they'll make something happen. I can't imagine them having a wish child wait in line to get into that section of the park....at least I'm hoping that's what they'll do. My main concern would be making sure you're at the park early enough to get parking. (I haven't read much on today's happenings there but I haven't seen anything about the park being filled to capacity today like it was yesterday.)

I'd love to hear how it works out for you. Sydney is too young to know who HP is but my oldest is just getting into it and DH is a huge fan ... I'd love for them all to at least experience the land.

Have you called US to ask? Or GKTW? They may have some answers for you.

I'm going to make a few calls today and see if I can find anything out. I knew we'd be taking a chance going this close to the opening, but it's something that I know he'd love along with Toy Story and Cars. Plus I'd love to get in and take a ton of pictures too!! :rotfl:

I was just watching the local news to see what they are saying about the crowds at US. They remain heavy and they are expected to remain heavy through the weekend. If you go, mid week should be better as you won't have the locals. What they are doing now is limiting the number they allow in the Harry Potter area, so once you get in there, it shouldn't be as crowded. The biggest line in the area is still the butter beer line. Perhaps you should try bypassing the line and go straight to the Harry Potter area and ask there about getting in. Apparently it is still quite unorganized, so you may have to ask several employes before you find someone who will let you in. However, they are interviewing people who say it is worth the wait. Good news is that we are in our "afternoon rain" season - but they are talking about the weather drying out a bit later in the week. Just be sure to get in as many of your "outdoor" activities in the morning.

I will try to keep checking.

Katie

Thank you so very much for your update Katie! I also read about the butter beer line being extremely long. I'd love for them to have some...but if not that's okay. At least if we can get in that'd be perfect! I'm definitely going to try and seek out some employees right away.

I've been watching the weather forecast for a few days now and I noticed that there's a chance of rain pretty much everyday! Just our luck. Does the rain pass by quickly? Or is it a total washout?

My experience with Florida rain is that it rains almost everyday and only for an hour or so. I lived in Florida for a few years in high school and of course we go atleast once a year. I have never much worried about the rain, but do always have a poncho under the stroller (more or less to cover the stroller so it wasn't wet).

3 DAYS!! Whoa!! I am really getting uneasy about getting into HP too. That is alot of people. There is no way Ty would last that long waiting to get into an area. It would be meltdown city. I hope you are all able to get in without waiting for hours. Your HP marathon sounds so cozy!

We have a Air popper too!:rotfl2: We love it!

Well I just finished reading a few posts about WWOHP and Oh my :scared1: The lines are record breaking and just awful. They are saying that there was a wait of quite a few hours to even get into that area of the park :( I pray that everything works out. Chase watched the segment on the Today show about it and Courtney saw it as well, she's been talking about it nonstop and JUST now asked me if we could have a Harry Marathon tomorrow.

There's no way I'd say no to that!! I can't wait LOL!! We are getting ready to go to the store to get our popcorn (I have one of those old school air poppers lol) and I'm going to let everyone pick ONE candy just like we do when we go to the movies!! They are really excited too. Courtney has requested that we get up and shower early in the morning change into some comfy clothes and get the marathon started. We haven't done this in AGES!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter