Let the fun begin MAW/GKTW PTR Chase June 23-29-2010

Generally the rain lasts about 1/2 hour to an hour but sometimes as long as 4 hours. This is our typical summer pattern. The rain can be spotty. I just plan on rain every afternoon until November and am happy when it doesn't come. There is a low pressure that might come at the end of the week. If it does - that could be all day rain - but if heads to the central gulf states it will pull everything with it and we could have a few days of no rain.

My hubby told me that on the late news last night they said the line was "only" two hours yesterday compared to 5-6 on the opening day.

Lots of descriptions at the Orlando Sentinel web site.

Katie

Well guys we are really getting close now! I spent the day running around finishing up some last minute things I had to do. Made it to my hair appt started cleaning the house and I emptied out the fridge!

We are going to the park after dinner tonight so that I can tire the kids out and finish up the cleaning. Tomorrow is going to be a VERY busy day. In the morning I've got to take Selah and Chase to summer camp. After camp Chase needs a haircut and I have to go to the bank. Once we get home I will gather up the stuff to take to my mom's for the night and we will be off to my mom's to stay overnight. Now I'm kind of wishing for one more night in my own bed! :rotfl:

Anyway, I spoke to our airport greeter last night! He is going to meet us at the Pittsburgh International airport and he will stay with us all the way until we get on the plane. (Has anyone else had this experience?) He said that he will take us to the get and get us boarding sleeves so that we can board first (unless there are wheelchairs of course). Well that's a wonderful thing! He said that he will also take us to get our traveler's checks for the trip. He's a really nice guy and has been doing this for 11 years! How awesome is that!

Well I better go get some dinner together so we can go to the park this evening!

How exciting that you are only days away! :cool1: In case I don't get to tell you closer to when you leave, I hope you all have a magical trip. :goodvibes

Thanks guys!! I am so excited I am literally bursting at the seams!!!

Since I ran around so much and we are already packed, I actually got a chance to relax for about an hour or so today!

So now it's time to go get the girls from their summer program, decide what to do about dinner and head on out to my mom's house!!!

But before I go I just want to say thank you to all of you! I have learned a great deal from the boards. All of the information really helped. I believe this trip is going to be awesome! And to all of the ladies and families of the Big Give, thank you :hug: you guys are amazing!And I can't wait to come back and post all of the pictures for you guys to see the kids in all of their stuff!

And to Katie, thank you for all of your great information on the WWOHP!!!

Well here we are, the morning of our departure! The kids are sleeping peacefully and still have NO idea! I can't believe we will be leaving soon!

We're home!!! We had a really wonderful time!! The weather was ridiculously hot, but the kids didn't even notice :rotfl: I have so much to tell and lots of picture to upload and post!

We were so busy and did so much that I feel like I need another vacation!!

Since we are supposed to be going on a field trip with Selah and Chase's summer camp to an amusement/water park (I know can you believe it) today, I still won't have time to catch my breath!!

I'll give you guys a quick summary before I start my TR (I promise to try and start it in the next few days).

Courtney was super excited and really had no clue at all that we were going to Disney!!! She couldn't believe that I kept it from her!!!

Of course the village and everyone there was wonderful to us and treated us like royalty!!

We got in two of our ADR's! I was really happy about that!

We did manage to go to every park! We did Universal twice and MK twice!!!]

I have a lot to say about the WWOHP!!!! It was awesome!!! The butterbeer and pumpkin juice were HUGE hits with us!!!

We got a lot of character photos!! Chase wasn't into taking pictures much at all.

The kids had a really great time with a few exceptions. Chase got sick and his sensory disorder was in full effect which led to SEVERAL HUGE meltdowns. Even with the OT's suggestions it was very difficult to get him to calm down at times. But we made it work

The kids LOVED the POOL!!! AND The Maggie Round (Chase's way of saying Merry Go Round)

We didn't get to do any of the things at the village in the evenings because after a nice break of relaxing and exploring the village, we would leave back out around 6:00 to go to another park.

We had some really delicious food BUT I walked EVERY morning AND I actually LOSS seven pounds while on vacation!!! :goodvibes

So thank you guys for all of the well wishes the trip was awesome!!!

Welcome home!!! Sounds like you had a great trip, can't wait to read all about it and see a ton of pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter