Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9ish?
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are happy -- it'll be a hike to refill our drinks, but we'll work it out.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 83 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream guaranteed cat 07A
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A/10534
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes, we are!!!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 16 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy for the June 4th -n June 11th 2016 Eastern Caribbean Sailing
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 6A - Room 9168
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Great room. About as far back as you can get but awesome deck and right by stairs so a quick run up to Cabanas and pools!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Approximately 60 days

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Oceanview w/ Verandah, Disney Fantasy 6/4-11

2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11

3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B, Deck 8

4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We're happy! Near the elevators, 3 floors under spa, 3 floors and a walk to the kids' clubs!

5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a

6. How many days before departure date did you book? 74

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 90 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 05B, 6086 and 6088
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Excited, mid ship, near elevators (easy for Mom-in-law). Verandas!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? adjoining
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 90 days

Has anyone got there room number yet for a VGT room on the Disney Fantasy June 18th cruise?

Bump! Anyone else awaiting room numbers for the 7/9 Fantasy? I refreshed that DCL page like 60 times today!!

When do you typically get your room assignment and how do you get it?
It varies and technically DCL can assign the room as late as when you arrive at the port, but according to other people's posts, for the Fantasy rooms are typically assigned around 11 days or so before the cruise. You see your room number by logging into the DCL website and looking at your reservation details.

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
VGT Fantasy 7/9

2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9 days before; on a Thursday morning

3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A, Deck 9, 9146

4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirableroom/location? looks good to me! Very nice room for the price. Close to stairs, and only two decks down from Cabanas.

6. How many days before departure date did you book? 32

So excited to have my room number! Waiting has been torture!

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
VGT Dream

2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 6, Friday sometime after 4pm

3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 7A, 5024

4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirableroom/location? Not happy. This is literally the worst veranda room on the ship. The room next door (extended veranda) can see into it!

6. How many days before departure date did you book? 9 and I believe I got the last VGT which is probably why the horrible room.

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy
2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10, after 2pm EST
3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4B #8542
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It was fine. We were infront of the elevators, which we thought would be an issue with the noise, but we never really heard anything.
6. How many days before departure date did you book? 63 days

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy
2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days, between 8-10 am
3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B #8034
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am very happy, we seem to be centrally located and we are between floors with no restaurants or dance clubs close by. Noise shouldn't be an issue. We did not get an obstructed view. I am happy with the selection, there isn't much more I could ask for.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We did book two rooms and we were assigned connecting rooms (so thankful) This will make the trip so much easier and more fun. Can't wait to open the balcony dividers.
6. How many days before departure date did you book? 67 days

Anyone waiting for *GT assignment for the 20/08 sailing on The Magic?

Yes us! We have three staterooms and I'm very eagerly waiting for our VGT stateroom assignment. Given prior poster's comments we might get the assignment on the 10th? I'm a little jealous that MaineChapmans got theirs so quickly!

Yes us! We have three staterooms and I'm very eagerly waiting for our VGT stateroom assignment. Given prior poster's comments we might get the assignment on the 10th? I'm a little jealous that MaineChapmans got theirs so quickly!
I'm so excited. I honestly wouldn't know the difference between rooms as it's our first cruise but I think it's adding to the excitement!
Yeah, I was expecting the 10th but not sure what time/day that would mean for us in the UK!
I'm jealous too, we booked 110 days before the cruise so it feels like an eternity! :yay:

I'm so excited. I honestly wouldn't know the difference between rooms as it's our first cruise but I think it's adding to the excitement!
Yeah, I was expecting the 10th but not sure what time/day that would mean for us in the UK!
I'm jealous too, we booked 110 days before the cruise so it feels like an eternity! :yay:

We booked around the same time and I checked today and we got our room assignment! Eeeek!

I think it would be interesting to see what kind of rooms are being assigned when booking a IGT, OGT or VGT room. I'm interested to see what categories are assigned, if the assigned rooms are in desirable locations, etc. I didn't see a thread that followed these over time, so if you booked one of these rooms could you please post your assignments when you get them (or post now if you recently got your assignment)? Please include:

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?

I think tracking this info over time will give us a better idea of what we might anticipate when booking one of these bargain rooms...

How are notifications being given indicating cabin assignment for VGT?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter